It's Goff time!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
View attachment 17621

Do you guys have this problem with the inappropriate button below the like one on your phone to? I swear I catch most of them but a few wrong selections get through! Lol

Fat ass fingers
Oh man, it happens to me way too much!!!
I hit "chill pill" once by mistake instead of reply
In the Fat finger club, I think I'd be president!

TexasRam

Legend
Nah. I've watched this offense. The passing concepts are there. Groh is working miracles right now. The WRs look better than ever, and we have a modern passing offense. He actually schemes guys open. Fisher won't stop Goff from being successful. This offense won't stop Goff from being successful. Goff is the only person who can stop Goff from being successful. And he won't do that either.

Well, Let's hope you are right. Time will tell. I'm hoping it's Similar to when Jim Everett appeared on the scene, throwing bombs and making noise.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
First incomplete pass and I'm booing at my TV and calling for Sean Mannion to be put in.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Based on rookie QBs since 2010, the odds are in favor of Goff being better than Keenum. John Elway was a rookie over 30 years ago. The game has changed a lot since then. It's much easier to be a rookie QB in today's NFL.
Aint that the truth
And even with all that said, Elway still led the team in to the playoffs as rookie. I'll take that too

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I can't wait till Sunday! This is a huge move for the team and even if he struggles and makes rookie mistakes his arm strength will be night and day conpared to Keenum and so will the red zone offense . I'm sure people on this website will be bashing him right away but let's give him some slack and hope snead and fisher picked the right guy .

I don't expect people here to be bashing him for mistakes. We all know that he is a young rookie playing the toughest position on the field.

As stoked as I am for Goff starting this weekend, I'm also very cautious to get my hopes up too high. I expect him to come out early and have some poor throws due to his adrenaline, gitters, the crowd, etc. He will eventually settle in at some point and start making plays. A couple things I would like Boras to do. First, give him a couple high percentage throws to get his confidence up and settle him down. Then, let him take a couple deep shots to loosen up the Miami secondary and backers. He's going to have some up and down moments, but the rest of the offense needs to pick it up and make sure he doesn't fail. Also, I hope Fisher doesn't yank him the moment he starts to struggle. I don't think he will, but Fish will be Fish.

Don't be cautiuos. Get excited, just stay realistic.

And I hope Britt and Quick haven't been looking so much better because they've been pitched soft balls and now they will be seeing lasers!

This is a real concern. They will not be used to the harder throws. They dropped a few in pre-season. Keenum's tosses are like marshmallows compared to Goff's. Remember that awesome throw to Cooper near the goal line? It came in hotter than he was used to.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Is there though ?

i mean i see your point he is ready ! he has primed by his time on riding the pine so he should produce but kids still a rook ...any mistake he makes for the next few weeks can be attributed to just that he is a rookie i don't feel like he will face much criticism and get a fair shake of the stick at least from a media perspective ....unless he REALLY stinks the place up

Yeh, I get that he's ready, but the fact that they've kept him off the playing field "UNTIL he's ready" means that the press MAY be a little hard on the guy if he does a rookie mistake, I think it would have been more forgivable at the start of the season if he did a rookie error. I'm just worried that he's now been thrown in because Keenum's last few games haven't been stellar and that Goff may now classed as the "Great Redeemer" of Rams football and if he falls short, he may get a barrage of - "Well he's no Dak Prescott"

fearsomefour

Legend
I line has been solid pass blocking over all but usually Keenum gets rid of it pretty quickly. What can't do is hold the ball.

Psycho_X

Legend
If I was the Dolphins going in with no scouting on the kid and with rumors that he has had trouble adjusting to a traditional NFL offense whether true or not I'd expect the Rams to use a lot of shotgun just to ease the kid into the NFL. Start him with stuff he's comfortable with. So I'd be loading the box when he's under center for run plays and quick passes thinking they won't want him to think too much about 5 or 7 step drop type of plays and bringing the pressure in everything else. Which is probably basic game plan vs any rookie. Would be a great game to really abuse play action and screen/toss plays.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I was the Dolphins going in with no scouting on the kid and with rumors that he has had trouble adjusting to a traditional NFL offense whether true or not I'd expect the Rams to use a lot of shotgun just to ease the kid into the NFL. Start him with stuff he's comfortable with. So I'd be loading the box when he's under center for run plays and quick passes thinking they won't want him to think too much about 5 or 7 step drop type of plays and bringing the pressure in everything else. Which is probably basic game plan vs any rookie. Would be a great game to really abuse play action and screen/toss plays.
Quick on a deep fly pattern off a pump fake ought to do the trick...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Ram Brothers... seriously... calm down.

Let Goff GROW. Damn...give him room. Playoffs. Yeah.............you guys are drinking the Kool-Aid like it's the free Jaeger at a bachelor party in Vegas and you were born with three kidneys.
Kool-Aid drinking is what we do best....You KNOW you're excited too...all we need is a 4 game winning streak baby!

The only concern I have is Miami's D line destroyed San Diego's OL last week. Our guys have to step up and block well.
My concern is, our line is considered as weak as San Diego's by us fans...We HAVE to be better than the Chargers bw....and NY's line is much better than Miami's....we did fine. In fact, it was the line's best game of the year imo....

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Protecting Goff is huge this week. Miami's defense is playing pretty darn well over the past 4 weeks, so the O-Line has it's work cut out for them. Pretty simple formula to win from an offensive standpoint.
  • Running game with least 150 yards between Gurley and Cunningham.
  • Receivers catch everything within their reach, no drops.
  • Boras put Goff in a position to succeed. Take some big shots when it's the right time.
If we can do this, and score at least 28 points we will win. It's going to be absolutely crazy this Sunday in the coliseum.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
I've been there Bro....fat ass fingers

Cheers:cheers:
Me too. Can totally relate.
I got my first prostate exam last week. Spent the rest of the day in the fetal position sucking my thumb, muttering: "I want my mommy"....Wait? What are we talking about?

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
I would have loved to have seen this 4 weeks ago, but glad he'll get to work now. The Rams of late aren't known for developing QBs.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
A huge concern for me is the support of his WR's. They were HORRIBLE in the dropped passes department during the preseason. Hopefully they won't let him down.
I'm sure Goff will do fine, in this department, he has a better touch on the Ball!
Where I worry is in his Blitz pick-up, and how well he picks up on opponents "D's"! How well he goes thru his progressions!

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I'm sure Goff will do fine, in this department, he has a better touch on the Ball!
Where I worry is in his Blitz pick-up, and how well he picks up on opponents "D's"! How well he goes thru his progressions!

Hmm.. I'm not so sure he has a better "Touch" Dave. In the preseason we saw a LOT of drops from multiple receivers. He seems to throw a harder ball than CK. Hopefully the receivers have gotten acclimated to his passes and this is now a non issue.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Protecting Goff is huge this week. Miami's defense is playing pretty darn well over the past 4 weeks, so the O-Line has it's work cut out for them. Pretty simple formula to win from an offensive standpoint.
  • Running game with least 150 yards between Gurley and Cunningham.
  • Receivers catch everything within their reach, no drops.
  • Boras put Goff in a position to succeed. Take some big shots when it's the right time.
If we can do this, and score at least 28 points we will win. It's going to be absolutely crazy this Sunday in the coliseum.

I think that kind of performance wouldn't just win this week, but every week...I think it's asking a little much from this team right now...Not to say it can't be done, but 150 on the ground seems unlikely at this point...I also think there's a very real chance that Goff could be a little overwhelmed in his first 1st few starts...Of course he might come out and throw for 300, 4 TDs and no ints...What do I know...I don't think anybody really has a clue at this point...