It's Goff time!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
The only reason we were starting Keenum, is because he was a "winning" starter at QB for us. After the 4 game losing streak, there was no reason to keep him out there.

Ram65

Legend
Let's hope the offensive line steps it up for Goff's first start and beyond. This is very exciting!

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
I dont think Fisher would pull Goff. Fisher is loyal to a fault, look how long Keenum had to play losing football before being pulled, mid-week. After making Goff wait this long, the worst thing Fisher could to Goffs confidence would be to pull him, especially after Goff was forced to sit while Keenum did some un veteran like things.

Jack Wang ‏@thejackwang 1h1 hour ago
Jeff Fisher said the Rams are committed to starting Jared Goff for the rest of the season.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I mean.... if 3 fg's doesn't make you wanna change, what will?

I wonder, do we all watch the same game....

Miami is a team on the rise...Cam Wake vs Havenstein should be a phenomenal battle...G-rob gets Williams....

Todd Gurley breaks out...bet on it...200 yards rushing...

Tavon's first 100 yard, 2 td game...

Quick catches 8 for 99 yards.. 7 for first downs...

Donald gets 3 sacks...

LACHAMP46 ... you dreamer you! :)

However, I sure hope we can pull out a win on Goff's first start. That will be completely awesome, not to mention very beneficial.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

here's what the fine people from rotoworld say about the situation.

Jared Goff - QB - Rams
The Rams are the first team since the 1997 Bills to win two games in which they scored fewer than 10 points.

Hence, Jared Goff is now the quarterback even though he's seemingly not ready. Goff's status has been shrouded in mystery since early in the summer. The tea leaves seem to suggest he's way behind in his NFL development. His insertion under center seems based on the "it couldn't possibly be worse" principle. Goff won't be on the streaming radar against the Dolphins.

how is he seemingly not ready? way behind in his nfl development? couldn't be worse?

why do they just make shit up? they know absolutely zero about the situation.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Last week my long time friend invited me to the Miami game. I can't believe I get to see the next franchise QB start his first game. I am very exited. That doesn't mean I'm not realistic. I don't expect some huge change in the offense right away. I expect a very safe for the QB called game. Like 3rd and long draw plays and a very quick passing game. They have babied him to this point, I expect they play this way safe. That being said, I hope to see some 1st down play action passes down the field. If he is successful, slowly they will open things up. I also expect to see more targets to Higbee, weren't they roomates in training camp? Always seems like the number 2 QB clicks with one of the back ups cause they work more with them and have chemistry. Anyway, no matter what happens we need to give the kid time to grow into his job. Remember who is coaching him. He doesn't have a Norv Turner or anybody like Wentz or Dak have teaching them, so it might take a while.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/11/15/fisher-on-elevating-goff-it-was-time/

Fisher on elevating Goff: “It was time”
Posted by Mike Florio on November 15, 2016

615555610-e1479271179265.jpg
Getty Images

As Rams coach Jeff Fisher explained it to reporters on Tuesday, the decision to make rookie Jared Goff the starter came at some point after Monday’s press conference, during which Fisher indicated that the status quo would apply to the quarterback depth chart.

“The question that was asked of me was, is Jared number two, or is Case [Keenum] your starter,” Fisher said. “He was yesterday. He’s not today.”

So why the change?

“It was just Jared’s progress, and the progression week, after week, after week,” Fisher said. “Preparing to be a two, preparing to be a play away from going in. When he got the reps over the last three or four weeks, they were right, they were good, they were good decisions, so it was time.”

Fisher said that Keenum will continue to be a team captain, but that as it relates to the actual quarterback job, “t’s time. It’s time to move on.”

“I felt like this was the best time to go ahead and turn the keys over to Jared,” Fisher said. “We’re excited for him. He had a good day today. He’s into the plan, he’s really excited. The position is not easy to play, as we’ve seen around the league. A lot of good quarterbacks took their lumps last weekend, but we got confidence in him, as the offense does. We’ll get him prepared to play. The option was to wait until Sunday, but that’s not a good option. It’s not fair to you guys, it’s not fair to him. It’s out there, he’s our starter, we’re moving forward.”

Fisher said that Keenum will be the backup, and that Goff will be the starer beyond the upcoming week.

“Yeah, we’re committed to this,” Fisher said.

The decision came as a surprise to many, given the reports that Goff wouldn’t play until the Rams were mathematically eliminated. They’re still alive at 4-5, and if Goff gives the offense a spark they could end up in the mix for a playoff berth.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
so excited for this game.... im even going take adavnatge of game pass free trial ...i dont care if Goff goes out and has a stinker its all about the learning curve and getting real live fire reps under his belt..cant wait

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
so excited for this game.... im even going take adavnatge of game pass free trial ...i dont care if Goff goes out and has a stinker its all about the learning curve and getting real live fire reps under his belt..cant wait
I may join you in that GamePass free trial - but the pressure really is on Goff now to perform well

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I may join you in that GamePass free trial - but the pressure really is on Goff now to perform well

Is there though ?

i mean i see your point he is ready ! he has primed by his time on riding the pine so he should produce but kids still a rook ...any mistake he makes for the next few weeks can be attributed to just that he is a rookie i don't feel like he will face much criticism and get a fair shake of the stick at least from a media perspective ....unless he REALLY stinks the place up

TexasRam

Legend
Goff in a Fisher offense.

It's like putting a shark in a kiddie pool.

He's going to flop around. Some people will nervously laugh and snicker and others will be talking about cruelty to animals until dad comes out and scolds the teen and gets the older brother to set the shark free back in the ocean.

But the shark will be too damaged by the time he is set free. He will never return to his former self.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff in a Fisher offense.

It's like putting a shark in a kiddie pool.

He's going to flop around. Some people will nervously laugh and snicker and others will be talking about cruelty to animals until dad comes out and scolds the teen and gets the older brother to set the shark free back in the ocean.

But the shark will be too damaged by the time he is set free. He will never return to his former self.

Nah. I've watched this offense. The passing concepts are there. Groh is working miracles right now. The WRs look better than ever, and we have a modern passing offense. He actually schemes guys open. Fisher won't stop Goff from being successful. This offense won't stop Goff from being successful. Goff is the only person who can stop Goff from being successful. And he won't do that either.