It's getting ridiculous

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I like/hate now infatuated they are with comp picks. I like how they try to get extra draft picks, but they're so obsessed with it that they'll not sign players at times. And they. They'll trade 3 6ths for a 5th or something and eliminate those comp picks anyways.
I don’t know about that,but didn’t like when The Rams traded up for D. Henderson .
Tony Pollard went to the same school in the same draft & just resigned a Big Contract with Dallas. Mean while Henderson got cut by The Rams & then right away again by the Jags.
—That’s an example of missing on a pick & losing draft picks.

Now A’ Robinson,Gaines,Gay,Scott,Rapp will sign elsewhere & The Rams will lose out on Comp pick numbers?
I’m just stating Les Snead(Mcvay) could have done better.Bruss & Atwell are the draft picks The Rams can’t miss on. Taylor Rapp is another,but he was alright & The 2019 draft was Excellent in Rams History!! Actually helped win a Superbowl. Still could have done Great!

PARAM

Hall of Fame
That's the whole point of a "discussion" so why bring up irrelevant endless comparisons of 2018 or 1987. All I care about is RT now is 2023. And yes performance will dictate and no I won't lose hope and assume 5-12 or give up on a season even if I know better without hope we ain't got shit.

If it's "right now" that's the only important thing then why bring up last year? :biggrin: The OL, the inexperience of guys coming into 2023 more experienced than rookies? It's a new year. Last year is over!

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
If it's "right now" that's the only important thing then why bring up last year? :biggrin: The OL, the inexperience of guys coming into 2023 more experienced than rookies? It's a new year. Last year is over!
Um that's lunacy and a total reach. It's the same group of players that played at one point or another not 10 yes ago therefore making it relevant. Wow

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
The reality is - we went to two SBs and are 1-1 with McVay in the big game. Throughout that time, we've seen these misses in the draft. Although I'm disappointed we didn't retain some players, and, of course, we could always draft better, I am willing to give leadership the chance to move forward with their plan. Whether it's the right move - time will tell. But I am not just going to assume this team will suck in 2023 and that we're doomed. I just refuse to think that way.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Technically that’s two words one abbreviated if it helps move the discussion along
No, it’s a contraction, which is a single word created by combining two words. :sunglasses:

And, yes…going back to the thread title… this is getting ridiculous.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Um that's lunacy and a total reach. It's the same group of players that played at one point or another not 10 yes ago therefore making it relevant. Wow
No, it's common sense. When fans bring up their past abilities to remove a number of guys from the roster and still maintain a winning football teams it's.....

"Don't bring up 2017!!! That's all in the past"
or "Don't bring up 2021!!! That's all in the past!!!"

And then on the other hand, a reason to show why we won't be successful in 2023 is to bring up 2022

"But bringing up last year is totally relevant"

Yeah, okay.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
No, it's common sense. When fans bring up their past abilities to remove a number of guys from the roster and still maintain a winning football teams it's.....

"Don't bring up 2017!!! That's all in the past"
or "Don't bring up 2021!!! That's all in the past!!!"

And then on the other hand, a reason to show why we won't be successful in 2023 is to bring up 2022

"But bringing up last year is totally relevant"

Yeah, okay.
If it's the same group of players we are discussing that played at one point or another not a totally different team. I'm this discussion it warrants it about ability and availability etc. Talking about Saffold or Whit is pointless RT now we just saying about being available and seeing wt we have that's all.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I think the Rams are the only team in the NFL that have not signed a free agent off another roster.

Not a comment. Just an observation.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I think the Rams are the only team in the NFL that have not signed a free agent off another roster.

Not a comment. Just an observation.

Following the draft, the Rams will get more involved with outside free agents, although I expect little other than inexpensive tier 2 players to fill remaining roster needs.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Following the draft, the Rams will get more involved with outside free agents, although I expect little other than inexpensive tier 2 players to fill remaining roster needs.
They have 45 players now so the next 6 guys count against the 51. Once the draft happens, they'll know what they have to hold back to pay them. Right now, with 45 players, their actual cap hit for the rookie class is estimated to be 5.014. It's fluid. So by Spotrac's math we had 14 mil+ free and we signed Copeland. The top 6 draft picks should be a cap hit of 5.014. Which leaves us 8.9 mil to sign free agents.

The way Spotrac has it estimated:

All have a $705,000 salary and all different signing bonus hits (per year)
  • Round 2: No. 36 overall $1.022 mil
  • Round 3: No. 69 overall $0.311
  • Round 3: No. 77 overall (from Miami Dolphins in trade for Ramsey) $0.285
  • Round 5: No. 167 overall (compensatory)$0.075
  • Round 5: No. 171 overall (compensatory)$0.067
  • Round 5: No. 177 overall (compensatory)$0.067
  • ^^^^^^Top 51^^^^^^^^^^
  • Round 6: No. 182 overall $0.054
  • Round 6: No. 189 overall (from Tennessee Titans in trade for WR Robert Woods) $0.050
  • Round 6: No. 191 overall (from Green Bay Packers in trade for P Corey Bojorquez) $0.049
  • Round 7: No. 223 overall $0.031
  • Round 7: No. 251 overall (compensatory) $0.021
So the next free agent we sign will change the top 51..... whatever his cap hit is minus 0.772 mil

Last edited: