It's getting ridiculous

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Sure 'WE' don't have a clue as to how good a unit it might be. Nobody does. But 'THEY' see these guys everyday and should have a good handle on what to expect. A considerably better handle than we have. They saw something in Blythe nobody else (NFL teams) did. They 'found' Edwards in round 5. They saw something in Corbett Cleveland didn't. Well, Cleveland did.....they spent a 2nd round pick on him but in year 2 had already given up. They saw something in Alaric Jackson nobody else did. Now of course, there may have been another team or two who did but didn't pull the trigger on any of them. My point is, they've been doing this O line thing since 2017. Every year it has been different. And every year, except last season's historically injury plagued debacle, they've won. Were they "great lines"? No. Were they exceptional lines? That's a matter of opinion. Were they 'decent' lines? Without a doubt.

2017 Whit-Saffold-Sullivan-Brown-Havenstein
2018 Whit-Saffold-Sullivan-Blythe-Havenstein
2019 Whit-Noteboom-Allen-Blythe-Havenstein (Edwards, Corbett, Evans)
2020 Whit-Edwards-Blythe-Corbett-Havenstein (Noteboom)
2021 Whit-Edwards-Allen-Corbett-Havenstein (Noteboom, Shelton)
2022 Noteboom-Edwards-Allen-Shelton-Havenstein (Anchrum, Jackson, Nsekhe, Skura, Brewer, Aboushi, Evans, Arcuri, Kolone)

One of those years are not like the others but the fact is, they have fielded decent O lines from the get go.

I mentioned it twice. Mainly because it's been mentioned close to 100 times by others with aghast. I merely pointed out we carried the same amount of dead money in 2021 as we will in 2023 and that was a SB year. Show me where I said, "We can win at a high level again in 2023"? Certainly, I'm not suggesting anything like the 2021 outcome in 2023 but there's no reason we can't be better than expected. Maybe considerably. And unlike the after affects of 2021, 2024 ($0.00 dead money) will not be like 2022 ($26.653 mil). So maybe the proper outlook for this year is (pardon the pun) we're playing with house money. We're not expected to do a damn thing until 2024. But if we accidentally have a good draft, find a UDFA or two, pick up a couple/three complimentary UFA's and play well, won't that be nice? It beats the hell out of the "Stillwell Angel" approach to fandom.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FUB8SrlQAE

"We were borrowing from the future to pay the 2021 dead cap"? No we were mortgaging the future with the hope of going back to back in 2021 and 2022. So what does that mean for 2023 in a negative sense? Absolutely nothing. I've suggested this may well have been the plan going into 2022, even if we won it all again. We were going to be well over the cap in 2023 regardless of our 2022 record and results. Maybe even worse had we picked up somebody before the trade deadline.

"We had amazing health and guys like Kupp, Stafford, AD were in their prime"? So they're 2 years past their prime? Or does "prime" last a number of years? I believe Kupp, Donald and Stafford are still dangerous weapons that have to be accounted for by defenses going into 2023. You don't?

"OBJ & Von". Yes great fortuitous mid season pickups. Just like Fowler in 2018 and Ramsey in 2019. So you're saying if the Rams do better than most of Ramsnation thinks this year, there won't be guys like that available? We've done it every year we've needed to do it. Or we won't have the money to pick them up? We have $0 dead money in 2024 and tons of cap space ($38 mil). Bet me.

Outstanding post. Nailed it for all of us koolaid drinkers. I am not admitting defeat until AFTER the game.
…I’m just not as confident as most recent years.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I understand how it works and "we" are just fans and ability and what " they" see is great. Having said that though the ability "they" see must be shown through the availability that "we" haven't seen nor "they" in game action as a unit yet. It's a big risk to take if your putting all your eggs in the offense basket. So say what you want get stats and or examples/comparisons from 4 years ago but again I'd love for them to be all pro but need to prove it on the field.
Sure I can agree it has to be shown on the field.

But what you saying is....... "if you guys think we're gonna be okay, even decent', you can't because we have to see it on the field"........"but us guys, who say, 'it's going to be a bad year....we'll be lucky to win 5 games are right'', and you can't dispute that"........ why, because you don't have to see failure on the field? It's a given with the inexperience and the injured OL and the draft picks don't help philosophy?

If I have to wait to see it on the field, why in the hell don't you?

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Outstanding post. Nailed it for all of us koolaid drinkers. I am not admitting defeat until AFTER the game.
…I’m just not as confident as most recent years.
It's not going to be easy. It's going to take a herculean effort by the staff, the players and the trainers. But I just can't fall into the "poor, poor pitiful me" (or us) approach. I've brought up the 2017 season, when we went from #32 offense in yards, 13.7 PPG to #10 offense in yards and 27.1 PPG. That was a 2 TD per game improvement (13.4 actually, so sue me).

Or when we went from #13 D in 2019, allowing 38 TDs, 24 FGs (21.1 PPG) to #1 D in 2020, allowing 29 TD (9 less) and 22 FGs (16.8 PPG). The Rams and more accurately, McVay has produced two incredible turnarounds in 6 years. One on offense and one on defense. In fact if you look at 2020-2021 it was 2 turnarounds on offense in 6 years. In 2020 we were the #11 offense (by yds) and climbed just 2 slot to #9 in 2021. BUT >>>>> we went from scoring 39 TD and 24 FGS (21.6 PPG) to 51 TD and 32 FGs (26.6 PPG) with a measly 287 yard increase (16.9 yds per game more) :wow2:
:sur:

After the guy has shown us for 6 years what he's capable of doing, we're going to think he's tanking or isn't up to a huge task? Ye of little faith?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It's not going to be easy. It's going to take a herculean effort by the staff, the players and the trainers. But I just can't fall into the "poor, poor pitiful me" (or us) approach. I've brought up the 2017 season, when we went from #32 offense in yards, 13.7 PPG to #10 offense in yards and 27.1 PPG. That was a 2 TD per game improvement (13.4 actually, so sue me).

Or when we went from #13 D in 2019, allowing 38 TDs, 24 FGs (21.1 PPG) to #1 D in 2020, allowing 29 TD (9 less) and 22 FGs (16.8 PPG). The Rams and more accurately, McVay has produced two incredible turnarounds in 6 years. One on offense and one on defense. In fact if you look at 2020-2021 it was 2 turnarounds on offense in 6 years. In 2020 we were the #11 offense (by yds) and climbed just 2 slot to #9 in 2021. BUT >>>>> we went from scoring 39 TD and 24 FGS (21.6 PPG) to 51 TD and 32 FGs (26.6 PPG) with a measly 287 yard increase (16.9 yds per game more) :wow2:

After the guy has shown us for 6 years what he's capable of doing, we're going to think he's tanking or isn't up to a huge task? Ye of little faith?

Have to LMAO - all those who hated Troy Reeder. All he did was help The Rams become the #1 defense in The NFL under Staley & helped The Rams win a Superbowl with Raheem Morris.

As far as The O”Line goes,there is a New O’Line coach for a reason.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Have to LMAO - all those who hated Troy Reeder. All he did was help The Rams become the #1 defense in The NFL under Staley & helped The Rams win a Superbowl with Raheem Morris.
Yeah, and Fruit Loops can PART OF a balanced breakfast.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd

Right you are.
We only had three, THREE players start in both SBs. That’s a lotta roster turnover but a quick return

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Both The Rams DC & OC that he played for signed him.An excellent locker room guy special teams player as well.
—Thing that is pissing me off is that when The Rams talk about Comp Picks. They wouldn’t replace some of the players,because they can only get 3(4) Comps picks & are going to loss 10 plus players

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Both The Rams DC & OC that he played for signed him.An excellent locker room guy special teams player as well.
—Thing that is pissing me off is that when The Rams talk about Comp Picks. They wouldn’t replace some of the players,because they can only get 3(4) Comps picks & are going to loss 10 plus players
I like/hate now infatuated they are with comp picks. I like how they try to get extra draft picks, but they're so obsessed with it that they'll not sign players at times. And they. They'll trade 3 6ths for a 5th or something and eliminate those comp picks anyways.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think we’re gonna catch teams off guard… they’ll think they’re playing a 2nd string unit and we’ll sneak up on t and at first.

I look forward to it…

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Sure I can agree it has to be shown on the field.

But what you saying is....... "if you guys think we're gonna be okay, even decent', you can't because we have to see it on the field"........"but us guys, who say, 'it's going to be a bad year....we'll be lucky to win 5 games are right'', and you can't dispute that"........ why, because you don't have to see failure on the field? It's a given with the inexperience and the injured OL and the draft picks don't help philosophy?

If I have to wait to see it on the field, why in the hell don't you?
That's the whole point of a "discussion" so why bring up irrelevant endless comparisons of 2018 or 1987. All I care about is RT now is 2023. And yes performance will dictate and no I won't lose hope and assume 5-12 or give up on a season even if I know better without hope we ain't got shit.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like/hate now infatuated they are with comp picks. I like how they try to get extra draft picks, but they're so obsessed with it that they'll not sign players at times. And they. They'll trade 3 6ths for a 5th or something and eliminate those comp picks anyways.
It's a love hate thing for me. If they have people in the wings ready to take that spot I love them! Cheap replacement on the roster and another pick to do the same at another position. If there isn't a backup ready though yeah no bueno.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
It's a love hate thing for me. If they have people in the wings ready to take that spot I love them! Cheap replacement on the roster and another pick to do the same at another position. If there isn't a backup ready though yeah no bueno.
Exactly how I feel about it!

dang

Legend

Great points Param. There’s evidence and there’s faith. You’ve provide absolute evidence of success. If anyone doesnt buy the evidence then how about a little faith. If one of those doesn’t work you might want to stay away from being a fan in the NFL.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame

froot.jpg

"I wanna be like Mike..."