It's a tie, but does it feel like one? whiners post game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Culture of losing. Unfortunately, there was no doubt in my mind that we would let those fucktards score at the end to tie it. Absolutely no doubt. That is just how this team rolls....over. Encouraged by a lot of what I saw yesterday, but this one was tough on me. I feel sick. Have we not suffered enough??? :sick:

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
Lesson said:
Upset. Frustrated.

let me add "Just plain PISSED!" We shot ourselves in the foot so many times. Danny won the game for us only to come back.Vampire DRAINING on the fans. :fk:

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Ram Quixote said:
Angry Ram said:
It's a freakin W in my book.

You just don't do 4 LATE...LATE flags that are usually thrown instantly.

Danny's runback AND his 80 yarder.

GZ's 53 yarder. C'mon, there's always a delay and that sort of play happens ever freakin week.

The refs actually MOVING the ball back and not resetting the damn clock.

I'm more pissed at the refs than anything else. That includes Pead's fuckup.
Not to forget that Kaepernick's TD wasn't. Not saying they wouldn't have scored (yet shyte happens), but it would have taken time off the clock to run 1-2 plays, time they wouldn't have had on their tieing FG drive.

That's how I feel as well -- after a second watch I am still stunned at some of the decisions that were called and those that weren't --- we were screwed over by selective calling by the ref's.

Pead's drop I can take as it's a rookie mistake.

From a team point of view my other annoyance was Fisher's time out call in the fourth on first and goal -- set up and take a run at it - let the clock run down and let your offense win the game not the defence save the game. If we don't give the whiners the ball they cannot score !

Anyway time to move on ... sigh

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
TK42-RAM said:
Ram Quixote said:
Angry Ram said:

GZ's 53 yarder. C'mon, there's always a delay and that sort of play happens ever freakin week.

Not to forget that Kaepernick's TD wasn't. Not saying they wouldn't have scored (yet shyte happens), but it would have taken time off the clock to run 1-2 plays, time they wouldn't have had on their tieing FG drive.

That's how I feel as well -- after a second watch I am still stunned at some of the decisions that were called and those that weren't --- we were screwed over by selective calling by the ref's.

Pead's drop I can take as it's a rookie mistake.

From a team point of view my other annoyance was Fisher's time out call in the fourth on first and goal -- set up and take a run at it - let the clock run down and let your offense win the game not the defence save the game. If we don't give the whiners the ball they cannot score !

Anyway time to move on ... sigh
On that TO with 1:13 left ... I could imagine us using all 4 downs and most of that time to get it in, what with our redzone struggles. As it happened, we scored quickly making Fisher's decision look bad. But just like in the GSOT days, you score when you score. Second guessing the 1st down TD is easy. Trying to plan for every possibility isn't.

It's just unfortunate/frustrating we couldn't come up with any negative plays on defense to slow them down.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
libertadrocks said:
I cant stop thinking about 2010. If y'all remember, we went to OT in SF that year too. We lost tho. Had we even tied, we would have been playoff bound at 7-8-1. Not saying a tie today will allow us to win the west or win a WC, but I just cant help but think of the parallels.

that's the game gibson ran backwards twice and getting tackled behind the marker instead of leaning forward for a 1st down. either would have won the game for the rams. i wanted him cut back then, especially for the second time he did it. bonehead.

lo and behold, two years later, he screws the rams again with another bonehead play, not lining up properly. bonehead.

why is he on this team. whhhhhy?????

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ram Quixote said:
On that TO with 1:13 left ... I could imagine us using all 4 downs and most of that time to get it in, what with our redzone struggles. As it happened, we scored quickly making Fisher's decision look bad. But just like in the GSOT days, you score when you score. Second guessing the 1st down TD is easy. Trying to plan for every possibility isn't.

It's just unfortunate/frustrating we couldn't come up with any negative plays on defense to slow them down.

it's not that he called timeout, it's that he didn't run the clock down and then call timeout. he still had three in his pocket. what was his hurry to call a timeout? it's like mark sanchez was coaching the team.

i wish he was in a hurry to call timeout when the clock was running down for the winning fg attempt.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ram Quixote said:
Angry Ram said:

Not to forget that Kaepernick's TD wasn't. Not saying they wouldn't have scored (yet shit happens), but it would have taken time off the clock to run 1-2 plays, time they wouldn't have had on their tieing FG drive.

he was easily a half yard short. they stopped the slow mo when his knee hit the ground then when they continued the ball hits the pylon and second later. how on earth the bozo came up with a td i'll never know.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
kurtfaulk said:
Ram Quixote said:

it's not that he called timeout, it's that he didn't run the clock down and then call timeout. he still had three in his pocket. what was his hurry to call a timeout? it's like mark sanchez was coaching the team.

i wish he was in a hurry to call timeout when the clock was running down for the winning fg attempt.

One could speculate he wanted the time to keep the niners D honest; with more than a minute to go, the Rams could run or pass. And this way, he could save his last 2 TOs for 3rd down and to save them from a DOG. Shit happens, and those who are prepared for it win.

I still believe the Rams scored quicker than he expected. With this young team, he wasn't taking much for granted. Then Jackson jacked up Willis and Bradford had time to hit Pettis. Go figure.

How many times in the past was that block missed, and the pass rushed into an incomplete?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

c'mon man. if he let the clock wind down then take the time out there would have been 50 seconds left on the clock with two timeouts remaining. that would have given him the option of running 3 run plays if he desired.

it also would have left the whiners with 24 less seconds to reply if the rams did score on 1st down.

again, baffling a coach of his experience would make such a mistake.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
kurtfaulk said:

c'mon man. if he let the clock wind down then take the time out there would have been 50 seconds left on the clock with two timeouts remaining. that would have given him the option of running 3 run plays if he desired.

it also would have left the whiners with 24 less seconds to reply if the rams did score on 1st down.

again, baffling a coach of his experience would make such a mistake.

Let me put it another way. If you're kicking a FG you have all the flexibility to do whatever you want, which includes running the clock down so your opponent doesn't have time to respond.

If you have to score a TD, how much time is enough? We're looking back after the Rams scored a quick TD. What if they failed on 1st down? 2nd down? 3rd down? What if defensive holding was called giving the Rams another 1st down, yet the Rams still can't get in?

How much time is enough for a young, inconsistent team with execution issues? You can bet Fisher didn't know.