It's a tie, but does it feel like one? whiners post game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Well it's a tie, first since 08... How do we feel?

Some good, the Rams played well against a very good team, Sam looked great, carried the team at times. Jackson ran for over 100 yards, Amendola had over 100 yards. Quick got his first TD, Rams played well even though they benched two starters.

Bad?... Well it feels like a loss. 14 point lead, and the mistakes. They were youth related mistakes, but jesus, they were bad... Delay of game with the game winning kick on the line is just unexcusable. Walking back to the line when the clock is ticking...

And of course the refs. What a cheat. Spotting the ball wrong and costing the Rams 7+ seconds. We probably could have gotten 2 more plays off and into range had we showed some urgency and the refs didn't try to fuck us.

So.. Thoughts?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Fucking Painful to endure....

I firmly believe we should all receive a free-pass to heaven.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Honestly, I can't wait for the season to end. Games like this just piss me off to no end. I am tired of the losses, tired of the excuses, and just plain tired. Maybe I need to just step away for awhile. Whatever enthusiasm I had for this season left me after this game.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I already vented in the GDT. I'm not entirely upset at the effort, but I am upset about the lack of discipline. And that's going to happen with a team this young, playing on the road in a hostile environment, and against a defense that good.

Kinda proud of them, and at the same time, I'd like to kick 2 or 3 of them in the nuts.

Not just a pooch kick either. I mean a crow-hopping 10 yard of steam full on BOOM STICK kick in the nuts.

Undefeated in the division still, boys. Remember last year?

Progress is slow, but it's evident.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pop Warner mistakes especially coach not calling a time out on the 53 yard FG penalty. That was not the phi-theta-kapa Fisher we typcally see. It's like we did everything we could to give it away. Tie game but I must say Akers missing the game wining FG was also a miracle. What a crazy game! :boing:

joeybittick

Rookie
I am torn.

One part of me is so fucking pissed that I want to pick up my laptop and break it over my knee and never watch another NFL game for the rest of my life. It is hard to ignore that side of me just minutes after the game.

But...

They played one of the best teams in the NFL to a tie despite two key players being inactive, 12 penalties, bad pass protection (I can't even count how many times red shirts were running free at Bradford), and several "questionable" calls by the refs.

There were a LOT of mistakes, most on the players, a couple on the HC (imo). In a year or two, those mistakes wont happen. Once this team grows up a little and adds some more talent, watch out.

Still, this one is going to bother me all week...

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
It's better than a loss. But should have been a win.

It was a sight to see.

I watch a lot of football and have never seen anything like this. Hundreds of players and lots of coaches have come and gone and still the Rams and useless penalties and mistakes. I'm talking even back at end of the LA years there would be one mistake that killed them. The GSOT just covered them up. I have no answer for why this happens, but when it ends we will have a outstanding team.

Can't wait till the whiners come to the dome.

bluecoconuts

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The one bright area in the penalties are most of them came from a lack of experience. Something that will happen with the youngest team in the league. Still very frustrating though.

joeybittick

Rookie
bluecoconuts said:
The one bright area in the penalties are most of them came from a lack of experience. Something that will happen with the youngest team in the league. Still very frustrating though.

Yeah, this game really came down to that imo.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
X said:
I already vented in the GDT. I'm not entirely upset at the effort, but I am upset about the lack of discipline. And that's going to happen with a team this young, playing on the road in a hostile environment, and against a defense that good.

Completely agree.

I cant stop thinking about 2010. If y'all remember, we went to OT in SF that year too. We lost tho. Had we even tied, we would have been playoff bound at 7-8-1. Not saying a tie today will allow us to win the west or win a WC, but I just cant help but think of the parallels.

It shows the future is bright for this team. Now is not our time. It is, however painful it may be to admit, the 49ers time. We went toe to toe with them. We put them on notice that their window to rule the west is closing quickly. A better bounce on anyone of the 3 fumbles and we win the game. We would have won the game had we shown more discipline. The 49ers are one of the 5 best teams in the league and we were the better team on their turf.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
It's a fuckin W in my book.

You just don't do 4 LATE...LATE flags that are usually thrown instantly.

Danny's runback AND his 80 yarder.

GZ's 53 yarder. C'mon, there's always a delay and that sort of play happens ever fuckin week.

The refs actually MOVING the ball back and not resetting the damn clock.

I'm more pissed at the refs than anything else. That includes Pead's fuckup.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Angry Ram said:
It's a freakin W in my book.

You just don't do 4 LATE...LATE flags that are usually thrown instantly.

Danny's runback AND his 80 yarder.

GZ's 53 yarder. C'mon, there's always a delay and that sort of play happens ever freakin week.

The refs actually MOVING the ball back and not resetting the damn clock.

I'm more pissed at the refs than anything else. That includes Pead's fuckup.
Not to forget that Kaepernick's TD wasn't. Not saying they wouldn't have scored (yet shit happens), but it would have taken time off the clock to run 1-2 plays, time they wouldn't have had on their tieing FG drive.

STLINI

UDFA
This almost hurts me more than a loss. Yeah, they played some good football. But this was the absolute definition of giving a game away. That second playoff spot is wide open, and pissing away a game like this hurts.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
Fact is, very few people on the planet gave them a chance to win this game.
I'm proud of their performance today. The penalties and brain farts were pathetic but some were to be expected by such a young team. Speaking of pathetic, the refs absolutely sucked. Killed us on so many drives, especially in OT.
All things considered, I'm proud to be a Rams fan today!

GO RAMS!!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Huge improvement over the Patriots game.... Huge!

That's all I'm going to say.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I hate to blame the officials, but what on earth!!!!

This should have been a W. We took the game to SF and won (ok maybe not on the scoresheet) i don't think anyone expected the rams to win GB, NE or the 49ers away at the start of the season...

...but I think we need to eliminate those penalties, otherwise we're always going to be fighting a losing battle.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Im just glad it wasnt another double-digit loss. The last 3 games, we've faced playoff contenders and we've come out of it with 2 losses and a tie. Oh, and we have yet to lose a division game :mrgreen: .

This is a very young team thats been on a roller coaster ride this season. We knew it was gonna be like this, and thats been extra tough on the road. In 2010, we didnt get our 1st road win of the season until week 12, and they almost blew that game.