It's a copycat league: What would you "copy" from the KC?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Copy? I didn't see the Chefs do anything that hasn't been done by many teams in the playoffs. They just executed better. Just keep building the team with players that execute at a high level and we can get back.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Perhaps one more thing is important, Chiefs put it together at the right time. The team they were mid season doesn't make this run in the postseason.

I actually think the Rams did a very good job of putting things together down the stretch (you could really see the evolution of scheme, players getting healthy, rooks improving after the bye). KC was just overall more talented in key areas with two coaches at the top of the league in what they do.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
I dunno. Have you seen is arm candy? That man is winning in all phases of life.
cropped-385861013_1168133324143782_4395712840977593555_n.jpg

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
1. Having an all-pro TE.
2. All Pro Center
3. Great corners and safety.
4. Great OL.
5. Great QB (we already have one)
6. Great DL (our’s decent)
7. Great coaches (we have one too).

That is what I would copy from KC. But it’s easier said than done.

WestCoastRam

Legend
1. Having an all-pro TE.
2. All Pro Center
4. Great OL.

Their oline sucked this year.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1. Having an all-pro TE.
2. All Pro Center
4. Great OL.

We still need a FB! ~ @OldSchool

WestCoastRam

Legend
Their OL was inconsistent. But they peaked at the right time during their playoffs run.
That's a more nuanced take. Appreciate it. I might quibble with "peaked" but it wasn't all bad. Definitely a huge drop off from last two years.

jap

Legend
 Patrick Mahomes is the copycat, and Matthew is his ultimate Muse. Those no-look and sidearm passes is not Patrick's creation. When Mahomes first started getting attention for those tosses at the NFL level, Aaron Rogers was asked what he thought of him. Aaron pointed out that Matthew had been doing those things his entire career, but very few knew about him because he played for Detroit.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
 Patrick Mahomes is the copycat, and Matthew is his ultimate Muse. Those no-look and sidearm passes is not Patrick's creation. When Mahomes first started getting attention for those times at the NFL level, Aaron Rogers was asked what he thought of him. Aaron pointed out that Matthew had been doing those things his entire career, but very few knew about him because he played for Detroit.

Your point ? They way Mahomes keeps a play alive is something Matthew Stafford can’t do.That is a huge difference.
In fact the DE’s have to respect his creativity & can’t just rush radically without paying for it.

Aaron Rodger’s can do the same things as well & that’s not taking anything away from Stafford,but there is a downside to his game.The Rams offensive line played well this season,but without them we all know the result.
My point is if The Rams want to win they better maintain a solid offensive line. Steve Avila is being a little over shadowed by Puka & Turner,but his contributions were just as impactful.
If The Rams want to be anything like KC they need to worry about the backside of there defense.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
That's a more nuanced take. Appreciate it. I might quibble with "peaked" but it wasn't all bad. Definitely a huge drop off from last two years.

Didn’t KC have injuries to there Offensive Line in the Playoffs? Once again that Humpries guy stepped up.

He was on the sidelines of 9ers and knocked some guy on his azz.Thought wow that was a nasty hit & a statement.Then it was like that could’ve cost KC the game? If somebody goes back & looks at that play it should have been a 15 yard penalty.

Nance, Homo & CBS stunk.They made the game unenjoyable from my standpoint.There comment about why Andy Reed was upset ? Like he is just complaining about nothing,but not making any mention of the SPOT ! Then after a timeout they never even replayed or showed what he was upset about & why he didn’t challenge the call ? They then came up short on another poor spot,but were to far to go for it & on 4th down wasn’t going to be worth the risk.

—I think there offensive line held up well,but Mahomes was there leading rusher & there offensive was contained almost the whole game.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Pass rush play calling! I want to see more creative blitzes.
Yep - The Rams need another LBEr to go with Ernest Jones that had speed.The Tampa Bay Bucs have both there LBers being FA’s.
I don’t know if that is the way The Rams want to go,but drafting a LBEr within the 1st 3rds is almost as must if they don’t sign one before the draft.

I’ve been a Troy Reeder fan only because of his value & his play as a Ram.He in no way should be brought back & he is very limited as well as Rosenbom.

The Rams have a lot of young defense men who were rookies that will improve a lot.Hampton,Mathis,Johnson all got some nice playing time.