It's a copycat league: What would you "copy" from the KC?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Nothing, do it our own way.
If some of it resembles what they have done, fine.
But smart NFL coaches need to get out of the gun and pass,pass, pass on 1st and goal from the 3.
We do it too and it needs to be gone.
Punch them in the mouth and take the TD I say.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Absolutely nothing. We've got a hell of an offensive line, and it'll get better with more additions. Definitely add a top edge rusher and a cornerback or two, and we've got a solid enough foundation.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
What would we copy from the 2021 LA Rams? That is a question I would be focusing on.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Not Creed’s inability to snap the ball accurately, that’s for sure.
Chuckled to myself about that every time it happened in the 2nd half given how irrationally some folks are infatuated with him.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I dunno. This is a tough one. Taking some inspiration from Coach Reid mebbe start eating a lot more Krispy Kremes?

~ArkyRamsFan~

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
KC consistently collapsed the pocket on Purdy. Now that is something we could use. Too many times the QB sits back there quietly while AD is tripled teamed.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I think QB is not a problem. In fact our O could do the job. I would always improve the Oline though.
The big thing is the D talent and the D play calling. They had to get the ball back to Mahomes so they were aggressive creative and confusing.
Build and use the D like KC

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Spags was very good with his blitz packages and the timing of them last night.

Yes, they disrupted Purdy's timing, especially Chris Jones. That's something the Rams can learn from watching this game. With some position upgrades on the defense, I don't see why the Rams can't take down the whiners next season.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Yes, they disrupted Purdy's timing, especially Chris Jones. That's something the Rams can learn from watching this game. With some position upgrades on the defense, I don't see why the Rams can't take down the whiners next season.
Also played a shit ton of man. Almost 70% I think. Lot's of CB blitz's too.

oldnotdead

Legend
What's to copy?

McVay has already PROVED he knows how to win a Lombardi. This team is on the cusp of becoming a Super Bowl contender for years to come starting this year. McVay has improved his offense, making it more adaptable for not just Stafford's skillset but for his successor as well. More QBs can play this current system. A pocket QB who can make presnap reads and go through his progressions quickly making good decisions. Physically, he needs to throw with velocity, accuracy, and touch in the short to intermediate ranges. Believe it or not, that is exactly what Purdy does.

Defensively, we need to see what Shula does with the defense, but I see a DC who probably will be flexible in how he plays his guys. I also expect his secondary will be aggressive in both man and zone coverages.

I do expect the Rams to take a QB in the first round. Whether or not they trade up to get one will be determined by the board and whether or not Les can find a trade-up opportunity. The reason being they would want that 5th year option for a first round pick. This would allow them to redshirt him the first year behind Stafford and still have control over his rights for another 4 years. This opens the door to a few more QB possibilities. Guys like McCarthy might drop to 19 and he has the basic skillset to play in Sean's revised system.

If they trade up I expect them to grab Nix he has the perfect skillset IMO for what McVay wants. Snead has to expect that the Seahawks will do what they must to grab Penix. They are moving the 2023 Washington Husky offense to the NFL in Seattle. They know it would be a huge fan draw to have Grubb and Penix as well as their new OL coach all as Seahawks.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I dunno. Have you seen is arm candy? That man is winning in all phases of life.

Talent, personality and Ohhh! That HAIR!!!

1707851263189.png

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What's to copy?

McVay has already PROVED he knows how to win a Lombardi. This team is on the cusp of becoming a Super Bowl contender for years to come starting this year. McVay has improved his offense, making it more adaptable for not just Stafford's skillset but for his successor as well. More QBs can play this current system. A pocket QB who can make presnap reads and go through his progressions quickly making good decisions. Physically, he needs to throw with velocity, accuracy, and touch in the short to intermediate ranges. Believe it or not, that is exactly what Purdy does.

Defensively, we need to see what Shula does with the defense, but I see a DC who probably will be flexible in how he plays his guys. I also expect his secondary will be aggressive in both man and zone coverages.

I do expect the Rams to take a QB in the first round. Whether or not they trade up to get one will be determined by the board and whether or not Les can find a trade-up opportunity. The reason being they would want that 5th year option for a first round pick. This would allow them to redshirt him the first year behind Stafford and still have control over his rights for another 4 years. This opens the door to a few more QB possibilities. Guys like McCarthy might drop to 19 and he has the basic skillset to play in Sean's revised system.

If they trade up I expect them to grab Nix he has the perfect skillset IMO for what McVay wants. Snead has to expect that the Seahawks will do what they must to grab Penix. They are moving the 2023 Washington Husky offense to the NFL in Seattle. They know it would be a huge fan draw to have Grubb and Penix as well as their new OL coach all as Seahawks.
George Hamilton Laughing GIF

You really love those tan gents, dontcha?