It's 9/11...Remember.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cut the bullshit.

Your implication that 9/11 needed evidence covered up, in my opinion, attempts to take this thread to a place that it shouldn't go. Take your conspiracy theory outrage somewhere else and let the people who are here to mourn and discuss a tragedy do that.
Thank you

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
My disgust about the whole 911 was hearing the CIA and FBI didn't work together..

What part of a Liaison Group didn't they know about ???

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cut the bullshit.

Your implication that 9/11 needed evidence covered up, in my opinion, attempts to take this thread to a place that it shouldn't go. Take your conspiracy theory outrage somewhere else and let the people who are here to mourn and discuss a tragedy do that.

Ah, ok. So all those workers lives mean nothing to you. Like they're sub human. There were many more tragedies after that day. Hundreds of thousands innocent people died. No less tragic than that day.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
So this year I will finally say it. It was personally a hard time, and to this day the events have affect to me. No I wasn't anywhere near NY when it happened.

That same week, I was asked where I was from and to go back to my country. In the years since, I've been asked "what's it like living in the desert", my religion, if I was born in this country, etc. How am I supposed to respond to anything without throwing another group of people under the bus? The thought of "oh shit I hope they don't pull me aside" in airports goes through my head every time. It shouldn't have to, but it does.

And I'm lucky that's the extent of what I experienced. Other brown people have gotten much more verbal and physical abuse, sometimes fatal. So it's a little difficult to understand being "united" when an entire sector of American citizens were shunned based off a few evil people whose images were shown all over tv.

I was freaked out that day, and as a 7th grader didn't understand the things that were said at me at the time. I've been to the memorial, countless people of ALL communities suffered.

Let's just be "truly" united. That's all I'm saying.

People were scared and it was very emotional time for all of us. I would be lying if I didn't say that anyone who looked
to be from the middle east didn't get a second look from me. Though I never said anything negative,
I did hold suspicious thoughts toward people from that area.
Is that an excuse? No. Was I wrong in feeling that way? yes. I apologize for any misgivings you encountered.
It was a terrible day, with a end of the world type feeling. We are all humans full of shortcomings and all we can do
is try to improve upon ourselves. God Bless and let's get ready for a Ram playoff run!!!

Last edited:

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
I was working in a factory in England.
We had the radio on and a report was read about a "plane accident".
Different reports came in through the rest of the afternoon.
Hard to imagine it through the radio.
Cycled home after work.
My mum was watching the news.
It was hard to take in.
Then dad came in after work and my uncle came over.
It was all surreal.
It was shocking to see and still is unbelievable to this day.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I was working at LAX as a shuttle van driver.

When we could finally get in to take people who’d landed out of the airport, I had a scared National Guardsman with an unsafetied, locked and loaded M16 with finger on the trigger aimed at my face while the other guy checked my ID.

I wasn’t phased at all, but a number of drivers quit as they were too freaked out.

The shock of that day will stick with me forever.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
One of those days where you remember exactly what you were doing. My work shift at the prison started at 12. But I was up at 6 getting ready to make a two hour drive to the Bay Area to pick up my son. I had the TV on. My wife saw it first so we watched it for a bit. I can remember when the second plane hit the studio guy asked the on site reporter if it was accidental or intentional. The on site reporter was clearly irritated by the dumb question. "Of course it was intentional!"

We then heard about the plane hitting the Pentagon. On the way to the Bay Area we heard on the radio about the plane going down in Pennsylvania. It was just an eerie feeling that morning on the highway. We kept looking at the sky wondering how many more.

The sad thing was the aftermath. Two convenience stores close to me were owned by the same family. I got to know them pretty well over the years being a daily customer for snacks, gas and lottery tickets. They weren't muslims they were from India. But they had the same look. They were absolutely terrified. Numerous death threats. They stayed open the whole time but it was a difficult time for them. They were Americans who were treated like hostile foreigners.

Memphis Ram

Legend

Hard to explain, but I find myself surprised and not surprised that this thread has lasted this long before being locked.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Ah, ok. So all those workers lives mean nothing to you. Like they're sub human. There were many more tragedies after that day. Hundreds of thousands innocent people died. No less tragic than that day.

1599926368001.png

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Mayor DeBlasio cancelled a reading of the victims names, if I remember correctly. He's a true POS.

That did not sound right.

I was watching the ceremony (mostly recorded due to NYC Covid restrictions), and names were being read.

So I did some quick research. Several articles state that it was the National 9/11 Memorial and Museum that cancelled the live reading (also due to Covid concerns), and a citizen group/organization organized the reading which I believe was recorded.

Lifetime New Yorker and Manhattan resident. Knew a number of the victims personally; and dozens of people who lost loved ones. Never been a Bill DeBlasio fan either but the truth is important to me.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Hard to explain, but I find myself surprised and not surprised that this thread has lasted this long before being locked.
Agreed Big Time.

Just like the Covid Thread,there is to much political race Bs going on .

And those trolls that are pushing it Need some REAL Fing help.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
People were scared and it was very emotional time for all of us. I would be lying if I didn't say that anyone who looked
to be from the middle east didn't get a second look from me. Though I never said anything negative,
I did hold suspicious thoughts toward people from that area.
Is that an excuse? No. Was I wrong in feeling that way? yes. I apologize for any misgivings you encountered.
It was a terrible day, with a end of the world type feeling. We are all humans full of shortcomings and all we can do
is try to improve upon ourselves. God Bless and let's get ready for a Ram playoff run!!!

Being human is one thing, I just can't fathom someone looking at a family with a Chevy in the driveway, getting their windows busted open because the dad had a beard. Again, I was lucky what I experienced was relatively minor. Was just sharing a different POV more people should be aware of every year.

The sad thing was the aftermath. Two convenience stores close to me were owned by the same family. I got to know them pretty well over the years being a daily customer for snacks, gas and lottery tickets. They weren't muslims they were from India. But they had the same look. They were absolutely terrified. Numerous death threats. They stayed open the whole time but it was a difficult time for them. They were Americans who were treated like hostile foreigners.

Exactly. Americans that weren't given a second thought on 9/10 have been scrutinized since. Granted, it's eased quite a bit recently but still exists.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I was holding my new born daughter in the hospital when I saw the 2nd plane hit the towers on TV. In that instant, you knew we were under attack. Wife was freaking out, of course, and the hospital was silent in shock. Today, my daughter, now 19, plays for the first time in her college band, well half of the band. They won't let the entire band into the game. Watch on ESPNU at 3:30 today, Campbell at Georgia Southern. We survived as a nation, as a people, and as a family. I'll always know exactly how many years ago 9/11 happened.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That did not sound right.

I was watching the ceremony (mostly recorded due to NYC Covid restrictions), and names were being read.

So I did some quick research. Several articles state that it was the National 9/11 Memorial and Museum that cancelled the live reading (also due to Covid concerns), and a citizen group/organization organized the reading which I believe was recorded.

Lifetime New Yorker and Manhattan resident. Knew a number of the victims personally; and dozens of people who lost loved ones. Never been a Bill DeBlasio fan either but the truth is important to me.
Well, I’ll believe you about that. I don’t get local NY news since I live in Kansas now and I remember the outrage about the live reading being cancelled. What I do know is that he seems to be killing the city I remember,. The one that Guliani cleaned up after Dinkins, and it’s a damn shame. Are they still doing that insane quarantine for 14 days after arrival in the City?

1maGoh

Hall of Fame

This isn't how adults or reasonable people discuss/argue/debate. Maybe what you're trying to do here browbeats the people around into silence where you're at, but it looks silly here. I'm not going to fully address the bullshit views you're trying to assign to me without reason. It's a grade school tactic for those who don't have a real point to make.

9/11 is a tragedy with specific emotional significance for Americans and we choose to remember it every year. There are thousands upon thousands of other tragedies every day. It's unfortunate that we can't take a day or for each one. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do about that, but given the previous few days we do decide to collectively mourn and remember specific tragedies makes it that much more awful that you felt the need to inject a conspiracy theory into this thread.

In any case, in an effort to not be drawn back into this again, I'm going to put you on ignore for a bit (just an FYI so if you respond you can at least not be expecting a response from me). You occasionally have relevant or insightful football things to say and I don't want to miss that, but I really don't want to be tempted to come back here and say anything else.

I'll see you in a few weeks. I hope you have a good weekend.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Well, I’ll believe you about that. I don’t get local NY news since I live in Kansas now and I remember the outrage about the live reading being cancelled. What I do know is that he seems to be killing the city I remember,. The one that Guliani cleaned up after Dinkins, and it’s a damn shame. Are they still doing that insane quarantine for 14 days after arrival in the City?
Quarantine depends upon where people are coming-back from.

Again, not a fan of DeBlasio. However, NYS and NYC COVID numbers have been outstanding for more than two months now.

Very low positivity rates (often 1% and lower) despite high testing, with excellent contact tracing. Most importantly, daily deaths are usually in the single digits. Considering NYS daily deaths were as high as 600-800 per-day in the Spring, THAT is outstanding.

Most people continue to wear masks and social distance. Still have issues and isolated cases of citizens and businesses acting stupid and irresponsibly.

The State and City have opened-up but in detailed and well thought-out phases, and by region. All based on numbers. When infections, hospitalizations, incubations and deaths decline for two weeks, the openings are expanded. If the numbers go in the wrong direction, the valve is turned in the opposite direction.

No victory laps because things could go bad again; and it could happen quickly in such a dense environment.

After the horrible period in March and April, I have no complaints with Leadership and how things have been handled over the past 3-4 months. Consistent messaging, and following the science.