It's 9/11...Remember.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1599848501159.png

1599848558209.png

1599848640393.png

1599848721735.png

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
I thought it was weird that I haven't seen a lot of mention about remembering it this year

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Thanks for putting that up @Loyal. Every year I feel this one. One of those moments you just don't forget. :cheers2:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It was the last time in my memory, when all poitical sides unified and it may be the last time we ever do that again. Time will tell.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Flight 93 went down about 60 minutes from my home. True heroes that probably saves countless lives.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Flight 93 went down about 60 minutes from my home. True heroes that probably saves countless lives.
Yes, I visited the site a few years later when there was a mobile home center and little else as far as a Memorial....Those people were amazing.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'll never forget. Ever. I may have been young at the time, but this is a day that will forever live in infamy.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
So this year I will finally say it. It was personally a hard time, and to this day the events have affect to me. No I wasn't anywhere near NY when it happened.

That same week, I was asked where I was from and to go back to my country. In the years since, I've been asked "what's it like living in the desert", my religion, if I was born in this country, etc. How am I supposed to respond to anything without throwing another group of people under the bus? The thought of "oh shit I hope they don't pull me aside" in airports goes through my head every time. It shouldn't have to, but it does.

And I'm lucky that's the extent of what I experienced. Other brown people have gotten much more verbal and physical abuse, sometimes fatal. So it's a little difficult to understand being "united" when an entire sector of American citizens were shunned based off a few evil people whose images were shown all over tv.

I was freaked out that day, and as a 7th grader didn't understand the things that were said at me at the time. I've been to the memorial, countless people of ALL communities suffered.

Let's just be "truly" united. That's all I'm saying.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I'm twenty-nine, and I can remember every detail of the day.
Some do, some don't.
Many kids 10 and under, only know what they are told by others.

You're a very aware and empathetic individual Memento. Everybody digs you

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
So this year I will finally say it. It was personally a hard time, and to this day the events have affect to me. No I wasn't anywhere near NY when it happened.

That same week, I was asked where I was from and to go back to my country. In the years since, I've been asked "what's it like living in the desert", my religion, if I was born in this country, etc. How am I supposed to respond to anything without throwing another group of people under the bus? The thought of "oh shit I hope they don't pull me aside" in airports goes through my head every time. It shouldn't have to, but it does.

And I'm lucky that's the extent of what I experienced. Other brown people have gotten much more verbal and physical abuse, sometimes fatal. So it's a little difficult to understand being "united" when an entire sector of American citizens were shunned based off a few evil people whose images were shown all over tv.

I was freaked out that day, and as a 7th grader didn't understand the things that were said at me at the time. I've been to the memorial, countless people of ALL communities suffered.

Let's just be "truly" united. That's all I'm saying.

Couldn't say it any better myself, Angry. I'm sorry for what you went through; it's undeserving to a good person like yourself, especially when you were so young.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought it was weird that I haven't seen a lot of mention about remembering it this year
Mayor DeBlasio cancelled a reading of the victims names, if I remember correctly. He shut down 9/11 observances, but then allowed other demonstrations. He's a true POS.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Who can ever forget???

All I can post is R.I.P to the innocents that were killed and wish more would have been done for the Survivor's.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

what about these poor suckers? sent into a contaminated site with no protection whatsoever because the people in power wanted to get rid of the evidence quickly.

1599875123173.png

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A truly harrowing day that will live in my memory forever.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame

why the chill @1maGoh ? don't those people's live matter?

Cut the bullshit.

Your implication that 9/11 needed evidence covered up, in my opinion, attempts to take this thread to a place that it shouldn't go. Take your conspiracy theory outrage somewhere else and let the people who are here to mourn and discuss a tragedy do that.