It Seems Certain There Will Be A Second Team In LA

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Both have the shittiest stadiums in the NFL. Qualcomm is a shithole. I haven't been to the black hole, but I hear the same. The thing about LA is there are almost as many Cowboys fans as Raiders or Rams. When we play there, it'll almost certainly be a home game every time.
I go to Oakland a couple of times a summer for baseball and indeed, that stadium is in bad shape. I sat behind home plate, up a couple of rows last time, part of the hand rail base was rusted through....kind of like that through the whole stadium.

fearsomefour

Legend
Both have the shittiest stadiums in the NFL. Qualcomm is a shithole. I haven't been to the black hole, but I hear the same. The thing about LA is there are almost as many Cowboys fans as Raiders or Rams. When we play there, it'll almost certainly be a home game every time.
The LA area has 10 million people if you count the outlying areas....there are tons of fans for every team there. When I had season tickets before, if the Rams were winning it was full of Ram fans, if they were not (and mostly they were not when I had tickets) they would sell them off to fans of the visiting team. Just like what happens everywhere else.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just heard a San Diego reporter say that he doesn't think the Chargers will play in LA in 2016. Why? Spanos doesn't have the money to pay the relocation fee..And he made a great point. If Spanos moves the Chargers to Inglewood, he will have to pay $550 million relocation fee. Then, will he be able to pay another $900 million to be a partner in Inglewood? He said he'd never want to be a Kroenke tenant and will be second team no matter what...Kroenke will try to make it hard for any team to share in his Inglewood pie....

and why?

If he stays, he gets the $200 million loan, plus the $100 million gift from the last meeting..PLUS, instead of paying $550 milion to relocate, why not just plow that into a new San Diego stadium where his team is the boss? If he build a great stadium, (not Inglewood, mind you) they will get Super Bowls down there......It's just crazy to move to LA in my book, the Chargers will never be anything other than a second bannana in LA

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Chargers will stay in San Diego, Raiders will stay in Oakland and Kroenke will have Tinsel Town all to himself as the rich get richer!

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
If the Chargers move in with the Rams , their lease would be $1.00 a year ?

10:20 mark of the video

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Spanos has three options , pay Kroenke 1.25 Billion dollars to be equal partners with Kroenke , because you know that new stadium will end up costing 2.50 Billion by the time it's done

Sign a lease and pay rent to Kroenke and be always known as the 2nd team in Los Angeles

or try and work something out in San Diego , but time is running out there , they have to make up their mind where their playing in 2016 , which gives them about two months , because if they wait till the June vote , it will be to late and will open up the door for Davis

I don't want either one of them to be in Los Angeles ,

Spanos battle for Los Angeles had less to do with a new stadium , and more to do with the Rams moving to Los Angeles and taking away a good part of his fan base , but he lost that battle , does he return to San Diego with his tail between his leg and be the big fish in a little pond or move to Los Angeles and be the little fish in a big pond

will be interesting to watch

There's nothing that says Spanos has to be an equal partner. That may be what they're working out.

I HIGHLY doubt that Spanos wants to be on the hook for that much jack as well as writing the $550M check to the NFL.

If Spanos had that much money liquid or leverageable, he likely would have just built his own stadium, either in San Diego or LA.

I mean, if he had $1.75B, he could basically underwrite something close to what is going to be built in LA in San Diego on his own dime and we all KNOW he doesn't have that.

No... my wager in this is that they are hashing out the details on what percentage equity he will buy in. My guess is somewhere between 20-40.

I SERIOUSLY doubt that Kroenke goes even partners with ANYONE on this. No way.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
There's nothing that says Spanos has to be an equal partner. That may be what they're working out.

I HIGHLY doubt that Spanos wants to be on the hook for that much jack as well as writing the $550M check to the NFL.

If Spanos had that much money liquid or leverageable, he likely would have just built his own stadium, either in San Diego or LA.

I mean, if he had $1.75B, he could basically underwrite something close to what is going to be built in LA in San Diego on his own dime and we all KNOW he doesn't have that.

No... my wager in this is that they are hashing out the details on what percentage equity he will buy in. My guess is somewhere between 20-40.

I SERIOUSLY doubt that Kroenke goes even partners with ANYONE on this. No way.
True , because I'm not really sure Stan is paying for it all himself anyways , because I've heard mention of partners and investors as well , just have no idea at to what exent

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yeah, and I think the huge bill is the cost of the entire complex, not the stadium proper. Rememer, the Stansbridge Capital Group or whoever that owned most of the land adjacent to where the stadium will be built may well be a very big partner in developing the land adjacent to the stadium. As in, they may co-own the hotels/restaraunts, etc in varying ratios with Kroenke.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just so you know, Goldman Sacks has pulled out of funding the Chargers (& Raiders)...It was for Carson, or nothing.