It Seems Certain There Will Be A Second Team In LA

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After listening to Mark Davis speak it seems almost certain either the Chargers or Raiders will be joining the Rams in LA. He expressed that if the Chargers turn down the LA move he would jump at the opportunity.

That being said, who would you prefer to share a home with? The Chargers? Or the Raiders?

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
After listening to Mark Davis speak it seems almost certain either the Chargers or Raiders will be joining the Rams in LA. He expressed that if the Chargers turn down the LA move he would jump at the opportunity.

That being said, who would you prefer to share a home with? The Chargers? Or the Raiders?
Neither! I loathe the concept of a shared stadium.

But if I had to chose it would be the Chargers for me. They seem like better neighbors/roommates than the Raiders.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
The option for the Chargers/Raiders to join the Rams is just leverage to get things done in SD&OAK.

It's going to be the Rams only for at least the next decade.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

But if I had to chose it would be the Chargers for me. They seem like better neighbors/roommates than the Raiders.
Agreed 100%.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
The option for the Chargers/Raiders to join the Rams is just leverage to get things done in SD&OAK.

I can see this being the case, and I truly hope you are right!

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Chargers. Raiders fan have a bad reputation of being thugs. Would rather avoid that group coming to the stadium on a regular basis.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor

While I hope you're right I disagree. what are you basing that off of? they both were clearly very serious about moving to LA as recently as yesterday. I mean hell, they put together entire presentations and appealed to the nfl. Mark Davis confirmed he's still interested in joining the Rams.
what makes you think they all of a sudden are only using LA for leverage?

FiftyFive

UDFA
As a Chargers fan: our owner is a pathetic moron who is incapable of making the right decision. I firmly believe that the Chargers will be joining the Rams in Inglewood soon.

A smart owner would realize that they just got their ass handed to them and cut a deal with San Diego. But this is Dean Spanos. The guy who chose Bobby Beathard over Bobby Ross, who hired Norv Turner and kept him for years past his sell-by date, who just managed to go 4-12 with one of the handful of elite franchise quarterbacks in the NFL. He is not a smart owner.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Can they force Stan to do a deal? I can't imagine Jerry agreeing to share Jerryworld with the Texans for example if something happened to Reliant stadium.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can they force Stan to do a deal? I can't imagine Jerry agreeing to share Jerryworld with the Texans for example if something happened to Reliant stadium.
Different situation. part of the deal they agreed on yesterday was contingent upon the chargers having the option to follow

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Different situation. part of the deal they agreed on yesterday was contingent upon the chargers having the option to follow
Ok. I read it as having approval to move - I.e the league saying you can leave and go to LA but you can't have Carson. I didn't know it had forced Stan to work out a deal with them.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok. I read it as having approval to move - I.e the league saying you can leave and go to LA but you can't have Carson. I didn't know it had forced Stan to work out a deal with them.
from everything i read stan welcomed/wanted to work with a second team

tahoe

Pro Bowler
QUITE FRANKLY I DONT GIVE A DAMN! How many damn teams do you need to steal?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Chargers will stay in San Diego public vote in June and if they agree to the tax Spanos will have his stadium in the city he truly never wanted to leave and I also believe that Mark Davis and the Raiders will stay in Oakland and will get plenty of assistance from the NFL to do do.

As always JMHO.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

I'm with you BigRam, I don't like the idea of a shared stadium one little bit!!!
And I also agree Chargers would be the best fit, IF we had to!! But the Rams have all the power in this situation so we'll see what happens!!:shades:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
QUITE FRANKLY I DONT GIVE A DAMN! How many damn teams do you need to steal?
original.jpg

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
From what I heard, and saw, on TV last nite, both the Chargers and Raider's have an option. But that doesn't mean either one will actually pick-up that option
I'M HOPING THEY DON'T!! I don't lie idea of a shared stadium!!!!

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Geeze I hope it's not the Chargers. They truly have great fans who don't deserve that, hell the attendance was excellent this year. Most of my friends bleed powder blue and it would just be weird here in SD with no Chargers. Selfishly, I want the Rams to share that beautiful market with no one. Let them get back to being a top five franchise.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
From what I heard, and saw, on TV last nite, both the Chargers and Raider's have an option. But that doesn't mean either one will actually pick-up that option
I'M HOPING THEY DON'T!! I don't lie idea of a shared stadium!!!!
I agree don't want to share the stadium at all. from what i understand the raiders option only exists if the chargers turn down the move to LA at which point they would get the option to go. Mark Davis seemed interested in this option if it presents itself. no idea what the chargers are thinking