It just doesn't make any sense...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram4life11

Rookie
Zac Stacey will more than likely be our starting running back this week... I just don't understand how, or why he gets the keys to the bus this week. Only 1 carry on the season, hasn't shown much at all.. Maybe he will have a break out game, but I just don't understand what direction were going..

Richardson will back him up, Pead will be the 3rd back, and Cunningham will be strictly special teams...

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Ram4life11 said:
Zac Stacey will more than likely be our starting running back this week... I just don't understand how, or why he gets the keys to the bus this week. Only 1 carry on the season, hasn't shown much at all.. Maybe he will have a break out game, but I just don't understand what direction were going..

Richardson will back him up, Pead will be the 3rd back, and Cunningham will be strictly special teams...

The Rams are just throwing them out there until one takes the job. Richardson showed promise last year but has shown that he is nothing more than a change of pace back. The Rams are trying to find the best one. Youre not sure what you have until you play them.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
HitStick said:
Ram4life11 said:

The Rams are just throwing them out there until one takes the job. Richardson showed promise last year but has shown that he is nothing more than a change of pace back. The Rams are trying to find the best one. Youre not sure what you have until you play them.
why pay scouts and gm's big salaries if this is the approach?

iced

eh, i bet pead or cunningham initally starts,then it rotates by package

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stranger said:
HitStick said:
Ram4life11 said:

Isn't that always the approach? You can do all the scouting you want, you still don't know what a guy will be until he steps onto the field on Sunday.

As far as the OP's question, why are they throwing out Stacy? Because none of the others are getting the job done.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
jrry32 said:
Stranger said:
HitStick said:
Ram4life11 said:

Isn't that always the approach? You can do all the scouting you want, you still don't know what a guy will be until he steps onto the field on Sunday.

As far as the OP's question, why are they throwing out Stacy? Because none of the others are getting the job done.
I guess I would have thought that a coaching staff with this much experience would have figured it out no later than the end of the preseason, and certainly before SJ walked. Was this an unreasonable expectation?

Ram4life11

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
iced said:
eh, i bet pead or cunningham initally starts,then it rotates by package

No I'm certain Stacey will start. We may not see much of Cunningham in the run game this week...

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Stranger said:
jrry32 said:
Stranger said:
HitStick said:
Ram4life11 said:

I guess I would have thought that a coaching staff with this much experience would have figured it out no later than the end of the preseason, and certainly before SJ walked. Was this an unreasonable expectation?
Slightly but only because DRich and Pead played way better last season then they have thus far. They thought they had a decent stable unfortunately as it happens all to often in the NFL it didn't go the way it should have

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Fisher said he will go for a RB by committee approach this week. We will probably see at least 3 of our backs get some touches and I think this is the best method. We can keep them fresh and have a better understanding of their talent level.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Might as well see what you got. They traded 2 picks to move up and get him so use him.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Absolutely nothing regarding this team has made since all season long so far. Why start now?

fearsomefour

Legend
Stranger said:
HitStick said:
Ram4life11 said:

If that were true David Carr and Klingler would have been pro-bowl QBs.
Richardson played well last year. Pead barely played and is now in the dog house, so who knows with him.
With any draft pick there is a certain amount of projection. Where can you get the guy in a year or two or three. Pead, it seems, cannot get out of his own way. Im sure he has football skills but may not be a mature enough guy to allow himself a chance at this point. Richardson is a good player but may not be more than a chance of pace back. If that is the case, great, the Rams have a solid change of pace guy. I think all three get carries this week. I am looking forward to see if any of them do anything.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
The scouts are there to determine talent and skill sets they have no way of knowing how one player or another will pan out in the pros and all the pressures that come with it. See Ryan leaf David Carr and mark sanchez

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I told X i would stop posting for a while because I didn't feel i had anything positive to offer rith now, but i gotta interject here, and interrupt my sabbatical for a moment.

My point is that if you are a coaching staff who:

1)is about to modify the offense with speed weapons...
2) where use of said weapons critically depends on a good rushing attack, or the threat of one, to keep the D honest...
3) is about to let one of the best RB threats to depart for another team...

don't u think that this staff would be damn sure that they're proposed RB solution is going to work.... first.... before making all of the above said moves.... especially a staff probably being paid in excess of $10M per yr?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Stranger said:
I told X i would stop posting for a while because I didn't feel i had anything positive to offer rith now, but i gotta interject here, and interrupt my sabbatical for a moment.

2) where use of said weapons critically depends on a good rushing attack, or the threat of one, to keep the D honest...

don't u think that this staff would be damn sure that they're proposed RB solution is going to work.... first.... before making all of the above said moves.... especially a staff probably being paid in excess of $10M per yr?
How does one make sure something is going to work if the only way to determine that is in live game action?

They had no reason to believe it wouldn't work. And I'm fairly confident that it will when all is said and done. That's what they get paid to do afterall, so why don't we go ahead and let them do that....

sent via Tapatalk.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
And I ask what does their salary have to do with it?

The worst paid coach in the league should make good decisions, certainly you would hope there is some correlation that if you pay more you get better, but I fail to see how that is something a fan cares about, it's off cap

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Stranger said:

Based on last year DRich looked like he could do the job and Pead would be able to step in when needed. As well Jackson wanted out end of story kinda tired of hearing people make it sound like Fisher and Co just pushed him out the door.

So sjax wanted out and drich/Pead looked like they could get the job done. At the end of last season a good majority of the board concured the same feelings.

Now that it isn't working everyone wants off the train and to place blame on Fisher for believing in what he./we saw last year.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Rabid Ram said:
Stranger said:

Based on last year DRich looked like he could do the job and Pead would be able to step in when needed. As well Jackson wanted out end of story kinda tired of hearing people make it sound like Fisher and Co just pushed him out the door.

So sjax wanted out and drich/Pead looked like they could get the job done. At the end of last season a good majority of the board concured the same feelings.

Now that it isn't working everyone wants off the train and to place blame on Fisher for believing in what he./we saw last year.
for the record, i was always against SJ leaving. and from the interviews i watched, he would have stayed if Fish & co did not want to go to the committee approach.

furthermore, i am not against Fisher, I just think he screwed up and has not been upfront about it, deferring to media-coach-speak instead of manning-up. In short, I am super dissappointed.