It felt like a loss

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I know the Rams won, but struggling against an inferior Seattle team, that was maybe more motivated by revenge, made that game feel like a loss. I expected an easier, maybe two touchdown win.

Sure the refs sucked and Pete cheated with the radios, but the rosters are not closely matched, neither is the coaching staff IMO.

Psycho_X

Legend
Division game in one of the toughest places to play. We had a lot of things go bad in the first half that gave them all the momentum in the world but we kept fighting and did not lose. That's what winners do. Yeah, its disappointing not to embarrass them again like we did last year in their home but this is the NFL. That rarely happens anyway. And the Seahawks are not a terrible team. Not a great team but not terrible. I'm ok with this WIN.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Any given Sunday.

Lord knows an inferior Rams team put enough beat-downs on Seattle the past few years to validate that point.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Not me!!!!!

Seeing Jared Goff trot out there like Optimus Prime ready to TAKE that win got me all giddy. #leader

source.gif

Ramzheart

Rookie
I know the Rams won, but struggling against an inferior Seattle team, that was maybe more motivated by revenge, made that game feel like a loss. I expected an easier, maybe two touchdown win.

Sure the refs sucked and Pete cheated with the radios, but the rosters are not closely matched, neither is the coaching staff IMO.
Division games are always a different animal! Last year's une uneven battle was the exception. Not that they didn't see us coming, I just think they never anticipated being dominated like that and Pete was going to do anything in his power to prevent getting embarrassed again!

Big Game

Living The Dream

Yeah on paper this should have been an easy win. Gotta give the Seahawks credit the game plan was to run and beat us with play action knowing that the Rams play aggressive on defense. We couldn't stop the run and when the play action plays happened we bit and bit big. Also they went to a guy i don't even think they have featured all season in Moore so we got caught with our pants down on those plays.

Than you lose your two starting WR's. Seattle got away with a lot of holding calls. The refs and the spots of the ball, the Gurley TD that was overturned. I mean we had a lot not go our way, but still or offense saved us and the defense made enough plays.

We actually needed a test like this to keep these guys humble and realize that "any given sunday" you can be beat even if your the better team.

We 5-0 sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo #VictoryMonday

F4c_4tUf.jpg

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
The way I look at is that when the Seahawks were at their peak, the Rams were average at best. Yet they always gave the Seahawks a tough game.

Now the roles are reversed.

Divisional games are weird.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I want to be clear; I’m not talking about anyone in this thread, or anyone in particular...

As a fan base we need to act like winners. Ability to handle some adversity.

Some days the GDT really exposes that.

We don’t want the reputation of being that fan base that folds like a cheap suit the minute something goes wrong. That reputation is reserved for the 12th man in Seattle.

Yesterday felt like a win to me. A hard fought not-everything-went-our-way kind of day.

AllGasNoBrakes

Air Traffic Controller
Think of those times whena terribly coached, talent depleted Rams team would whoop on the Seahawks during their recent glory days.

Rosters weren’t even close but goes to show anything can happen in divisional games.

A wins a win, only halfway through the 2nd season of success and we’re already acting spoiled ;)

KayJay

Starter
I don't know what you watched, but I saw a Seattle team desperate to end our streak. I saw a team on a two game win streak; inside one of the loudest places to play. We humiliated them last year. But we aren't the same team and neither are they.

We lost two receivers to add to a list of injured players; our kicker, pro bowl Punt retuner, and starting cornerback. We weren't as sharp, we looked like crap. But despite all of that, we won. And we did it under our own power.

Its only going to get tougher from here. Tom Brady once said it's hard to win games, and he's not lying. We won ugly, but we still won. Sean McVay decided to take matters into his own hands and trust his offensive line. And it paid off. Goff said they are building something special and I agree. That was adversity, and we came out on top.

I feel more comfortable keeping a streak alive that way, than blowing teams out. Because now we've proven, we can come from behind and still wax that ass. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Well there's been some upsets this year, thankfully the Rams just didn't fall for it yesterday.

For every close game you have a player, players and/or team that steps up and succeeds when they have to. Winning close games is where character is built, where some key players stand up, when your coach makes the right call or calls when he needs to.

I'd much rather win a game that we could've lost than lose a game that we could've won.

Ellard80

Legend
In the NFL there are no guaranteed wins.

For sure as shit no guaranteed blowouts...

Last edited:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I respectfully disagree. That was one of the most satisfying wins in recent memory for me. That was a team/season defining win. That was a tractor like performance by our young QB. That was awesome.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
It felt like a nail biting, gut wrenching thrilling win for me. I expected a double digit victory but the reality of this league reminded me of how hard it is to go 5-0. Especially against division teams that look like a cupcake on paper.

I'm sure the Ravens are scratching their heads today after losing a division game to the Browns.

Seattle wanted to win yesterdays game at all costs. They heard all off-season how superior the Rams are since their 42-7 beat-down. They came to play and were never going to quit no matter what the Rams did to them.

"Hats off to them." The Seahawks were mentally and physically prepared for this contest and fought their tails off.

They brought their A game and Los Angeles brought their C+ game.

We all know that if a SB caliber roster doesn't play well in all three phases of the game, the most inferior NFL rosters will sometimes have a chance to upset them.

For the Rams to achieve 6-0, 7-0 and 8-0, it will require them to play better then they did yesterday. Wade has some film work (tinkering) to do this week and needs to get his defense out of their mini slump.

Peters calf injury is no longer an excuse. He's better than what he's been showing the last 2 games. I doubt we see Peters get toasted so easily next Sunday in Denver. I also expect Denver to player better than they did at the Jets. I'm elated to wake up this morning and our Rams sporting a 5-0 record.

Rams-Seahawks-Football_27093883_3474742.jpg

RESPECT!
Rams-Seahawks-Football_27093855_703416.jpg

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Felt like a win to me! Good win in a tough place to play with a division rival that was right behind us in the standings. Overcame mistakes, injuries, some problems on defense and some horrible officiating. I'll take this win on the road any day of the year.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Lot of adversity yesterday... CLink field . Wet. .Division game . In times past, this would have been a loss .... Real character test yesterday

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Come on @Elmgrovegnome I've might have forgotten how to win, but I have not forgotten how to lose. A win on the road in a hostile environment facing adversity and when the calls aren't going your way and losing two prominent members of your offense, I'm proud as hell today and it was a great win.

I'm on board with @Florida_Ram & @OldSchool you need to face adversity from time to time on the road and it will prepare this team next week at mile high. I was very pleased going for it on 4th down and Goff running the sneak to close out the game and our Field General grew in this game as well. Others stepped up when the chips were down like Josh Reynolds and Gerald Everett, plus Cairo Santos, who was looking good, totally mishit the Extra Point and came back to drill a 39 yard FG to provide the difference.

Again a win is a win, especially on the road and the Vikings got crushed at home against the Bills, but then defeated the Eagles on the road, so you never know....I don't like losing and IMHO, when you win, it never feels like a loss, until it is.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I felt the sting of too many losses in the past to compare this to a loss . I'm still mad about Hakim's fumble, and Martz settling for a regulation tie in the playoffs. A win is a win , and they will lose a couple on the way . They aren't going 16-0

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
I only caught the highlights for this one.
We shouldnt be negative.
We are 5-0.
Its a long season and it sounds ike we need to regroup.
Perhaps all credit to Seattle for making a game of it, but we still grinded out a highly important and satisfying win.