Isn't it time to think about a backup at MLB?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Because, you know, there isn't one right now.

A55VA6

Legend
I definitely wouldn't reach for one but if a guy they really liked is there around maybe the 4th or later, it'd be a good move.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Borland! It's a shame he'd go to high to warrant the pick, though.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I definitely wouldn't reach for one but if a guy they really liked is there around maybe the 4th or later, it'd be a good move.
I was thinking more along the lines of a veteran. We don't have anyone with any experience to back up the most important position on the field right now - since they let Witherspoon become a free agent and all.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod

Shane Skov should be available in 4th

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Absofrikkenlutely. Not too early though.

A55VA6

Legend
I was thinking more along the lines of a veteran. We don't have anyone with any experience to back up the most important position on the field right now - since they let Witherspoon become a free agent and all.
Gotcha. Yeah, not sure what guys are out there right now but I suppose bringing in a solid veteran wouldn't hurt.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
We could probably find one reasonably cheap.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Lets just draft Mack!! He can start at SOLB and if JLau gets injured he can fill in.

That obviously would work, and hell, it could very well happen. Wouldnt prefer it that way though.

I'd like to grab a SOLB somewhat early to compete with Dunbar, and draft a MLB for depth, or hope the guy can play both.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I see three other Ram Lb'ers who have some experience as a MLB on this 2014 roster.

Snead just resently resigned Lb'er Jo-Lonn Dunbar to a two yr deal. Dunabr has played MLB'er in the NFL before for our new DC in 2011 in place of an injured Jon Vilma for about 4 games. Dunbar as a MLB played so well that when Vilma returned to health they kept Dunbar in thr lineup & inserted Dunbar into the SSLB post for the rest of the season.

Fisher signed and brought in a 6-1 240 UDFA Caleb McSurdy late last season and then recently signed a Etienne Sabino who is a well-built, athletic linebacker who plays the middle & strong side.

It would be nice to have a talented young MLB'er come in now and learn this defense but it does not seem a priority at this time over many other areas.

FRO

Legend
I assume Dunbar is the backup MLB. Borland would be a nice guy to have, but we would have to use a pretty nice pick on him. I wonder if they will groom Ogletree to replace Laurnaitis.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Lets just draft Mack!! He can start at SOLB and if JLau gets injured he can fill in.

That obviously would work, and hell, it could very well happen. Wouldnt prefer it that way though.

I'd like to grab a SOLB somewhat early to compete with Dunbar, and draft a MLB for depth, or hope the guy can play both.
Obviously, we should draft Manziel to play MLB and then he'll be ready if Bradford goes down.

MLB is called the QB of the defense, right?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Obviously, we should draft Manziel to play MLB and then he'll be ready if Bradford goes down.

MLB is called the QB of the defense, right?

We could also draft Mosley at #13 and have him be our new QB!!!

This draft thing is easy!!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I am not sure about Ogletree being the field general. They definitely could pick a guy like Mosley to play SLB and teach him the ropes so he can move over to he middle. If JL goes down there will be a big void. Consider the difference when Dunbar returned to the defense.

Memphis Ram

Legend
No one wants to hear it but there's a chance the C.J. Mosley could very well be the BPA on the Rams draft board at #13.

Last edited: