Is Watson really that good?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamWoodie

Legend
This is why the Browns are where they are...they've been struggling to get a QB for years...and this is what they do???

Zodi

Hall of Fame
He honestly is. But I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He takes almost 24% of browns cap space in 2023
while Stafford will take up close to 9% in same year.
Ramsey will take 11.16 (highest on team) that year as well and were still not at 24%
Well actually, last year Goff accounted for 24.7 mill of cap space while Stafford accounted for 20 mill, so their combined 44.7 mill was 24% of the Cap. And they surely made out ok!

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
A couple of things about Watson…

1. He put up his best numbers on a 4-12 team.

2. He has a career sack % of 9.05. Among qualifying active QBs, only one QB (Tyrod Taylor) has a worse rate. Even when the Texans were winning, he took way too many sacks.

Does that mean he’s not a franchise QB? No. But it does provide a basis to question whether he should be getting the insane $ Cleveland is paying him.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
He is good, very good. I saw his career at Clemson, changed the narrative around the program, along with Dabo and got them over the hump, similar with #9 did here.

If we didnt have Stafford he would be my second choice.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
This one is tough because before all the alligations and before we got Stafford, I was one that thought he would be a great fit on this team. His mobility is an x factor. That said, like many, I wasn't thrilled giving up 2 first round picks for Stafford. Although we are all happy with how it's turned out of course. But if I woke up one morning and read we had to give THREE first rounders and pay someone $45M a year...IDK if I'd personally be on board with that.
The talent is there for sure. Only time will tell if it's worth it for the Browns. I think they had to give up too much for him.
Looking at his stats so far, they are decent in total. If you told me I'm getting 5-6 years of 2020, then he's absolutely worth it.
But that's the big "IF", isn't it?

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Way too high of a price to pay for a QB that still has questions about his availability.