Is Todd Gurley the next Marshawn Lynch?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If Gurley is going to Turn out like any other RB, I would rather it be Marshall Faulk!! He's much better than Lynch ever thought of being!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The notes on Pead demonstrate that Fish has been looking for a "Chris Johnson," i.e. a breakaway RB, for some time. Really hope Gurley can stay healthy because if so Fish has found his guy and as a backup option Mason is a downright ridiculous luxury.

Almost threw up reading the one on Jason Smith. Even typing the name I'm fighting nausea...

All those things aside though the most important one is probably Havenstein. Him solidifying the right side of the Rams' OL would be absolutely huge. Praying he comes right in and has a ROY type season locking it down.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Let's just hope Gurley recovers well with no setbacks then we can see what the man can do

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Gurley is faster. I dont know about their track comparables in the 40 and etc but just the eye test says he is. Was Lynch a kick returner?

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Ive never really understood the Gurley/Lynch comparison love-fest. I think their games differ quite a bit.
They dont seem a lot alike to me either except for their situation is juxtaposed as stud horses on smashmouth rival teams.

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
I have never been crazy about the Marshawn Lynch comparison to Todd. Marshawn runs very low to the ground with great balance---that's where he gets a lot of his leverage against defenders. Gurley looks to have more power, speed, vision, and perhaps even quickness over Marshawn. This is no knock against Marshawn---Todd is simply a better athlete.

Comparisons to Adrian, Marcus Dupree, and, in some respects, Eric "the Great" Dickerson are much more appropriate. If Todd resurrects and maintains his health, he may seriously challenge Eric's NFL seasonal rushing record of 2105 yards.

Gurley won't have the advantage of the offensive line Dickerson ran behind. If it were to happen though, I just might fly to wherever you live and plant a big wet kiss on your lips.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lynch isn't the guy I'd compare Gurley to. But I do think he'll be a Pro Bowl/All Pro caliber HB.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
he Kampman to Long comparison is quite nice.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They dont seem a lot alike to me either except for their situation is juxtaposed as stud horses on smashmouth rival teams.

that's the point mayock was making. not that their styles are similar.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Everyone knows Darren McFadden is going to be the best RB in the league next year. He's better than Marshal Faulk, Emmitt Smith, and Adrian Peterson combined. He'll have about 4,000 yards next season (untouched).

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Everyone knows Darren McFadden is going to be the best RB in the league next year. He's better than Marshal Faulk, Emmitt Smith, and Adrian Peterson combined. He'll have about 4,000 yards next season (untouched).
I expect DMC to kill it this year.