Is this the NEW Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'm looking back at the Rams since ZS was finally inserted into the starting lineup.

Win - Jaguars, Win - Texans, SB knocked out of game - L to Panthers, Almost beat Seahawks in final seconds, Almost beat Titans in final seconds, Stomp the life out of Colts.

The almost win against the Hawks, win against the Colts, coming out of TA, intensity and effectiveness of the ST against the Colts, the Amazing Quinn and the Zac Attack have me rethinking the Rams season.

If the secondary can play at a higher level, is this team is a serious threat to win every week?

Yes?

Have the young guys gotten it together to a point that they are now able to play at that level every week or was the Colts game an aberration?

I think they may just be breaking out and making a run that will impress.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I think the colts game was a great result, but i don't expect us to do that everyweek.... Not yet anyway. Next season we should/could be playing at that sort of level....with sam coming back and some good draft additions (cheers washington)

But yea, like you said, ZS has improved us big time. Teams now need to stop the run so the play action is way more effective.. The kid is straight up beast mode

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
With Zac Stacy & back up'd by Benny Cunningham will demand those LB'ers & safeties to think run first. I am looking forward to see if Right OG Saffold can re-deliver on those pull out blocks to spring them... Plus when Harvey Dahl is healthy seeing what Boudreau will do with Saffold & that weak link @ Left OG???

I have to say there is something special about Zac & Benny combo for this team. Its nice to have finally found some real good RB's on this Ram roster. If I were Fisher & Shotty I would be trying to get Pead in a position to develop as a excellent third down back to go with Zac & Benny. That should not be too hard for Pead to handle as the third back. I am not all that high on DR. Looks like we are set @ RB for a while with these five.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
With Zac Stacy & back up'd by Benny Cunningham will demand those LB'ers & safeties to think run first. I am looking forward to see if Right OG Saffold can re-deliver on those pull out blocks to spring them... Plus when Harvey Dahl is healthy seeing what Boudreau will do with Saffold & that weak link @ Left OG???

I have to say there is something special about Zac & Benny combo for this team. Its nice to have finally found some real good RB's on this Ram roster. If I were Fisher & Shotty I would be trying to get Pead in a position to develop as a excellent third down back to go with Zac & Benny. That should not be too hard for Pead to handle as the third back. I am not all that high on DR. Looks like we are set @ RB for a while with these five.

I expect DR will be back and in last season's form if they use him correctly. He's a real threat outside. I wouldn't write him off.

Cunningham is running a 4.8 average. It's heavily weighted from the 10.3 average against the Colts, but still.

I don't want to hang everything on that one game but with the close ones against good teams preceding it, it COULD have been a turning point IMO.

I think Sunday will be a solid indicator one way or the other. The Bears' passing game and secondary are the real deal. Rams HAVE to keep McClown shaken and get turnovers like they did to the Colts if they want to stop them I think.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I've known this team has what it takes all year but had no idea it was such a mess in terms of getting it together. Bradford got hurt just before this team started to make a turn.

Therefore, it feels like another Rams season. Lots of excitement early and no Playoffs.

I do think we're on the brink, though.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I've known this team has what it takes all year but had no idea it was such a mess in terms of getting it together. Bradford got hurt just before this team started to make a turn.

Therefore, it feels like another Rams season. Lots of excitement early and no Playoffs.

I do think we're on the brink, though.
Yeah pretty much how I've seen it, the Indy game was not a mirage ,they could lose one just as big yet this year, and then explode on someone else .
The talent is obvious and IMO coming together ,sad our franchise QB isn't with us ,with him I truly believe this team could win out.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Yeah pretty much how I've seen it, the Indy game was not a mirage ,they could lose one just as big yet this year, and then explode on someone else .
The talent is obvious and IMO coming together ,sad our franchise QB isn't with us ,with him I truly believe this team could win out.

I think we're 6-4 with Sam in there and wouldn't have to win out.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I think we are staring to stack so much talent from great drafts and FA pick ups in recent years that we are starting to gel enough where a horrible loss to a key player (Sam) isn't season ending, we still have life even with a Clemons at QB. Next season after draft we are going to have so much talent it isn't even going to be funny! Those horrible years might bring us something positive overall....

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I think we are staring to stack so much talent from great drafts and FA pick ups in recent years that we are starting to gel enough where a horrible loss to a key player (Sam) isn't season ending, we still have life even with a Clemens at QB.

I agree, and not only that, if our wr's didnt drop the passes so much too.
it's shocking how much drops Sam has had since he's been in the league. If you even half them Sam's WR drops we would probably be in the top 15-20 in the league still. So sad...

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
it's shocking how much drops Sam has had since he's been in the league. If you even half them Sam's WR drops we would probably be in the top 15-20 in the league still. So sad...

yup, it sucks big time.

Sgt. Ram

the present moment is all you will ever have
I want to believe the colts game was the team finally coming together. I want all the Shyte we all probably take from buddies and co workers to stop. Last time rams were good, I did not gloat or give them grief. When we finally get back, I am going to be an arse about it. Nah, probably not, but I wish I could be.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
To me,,, it just serves as a reminder that there is no magic way to "reinvent the wheel" in Pro football.

The new fangled offenses we see "taking-over" the game in college and trying to find their way into the NFL... they all seem like the new answer at first. Read this read-option.

Earlier in the year I saw people saying things like the game had passed Fish by,,, he's not evolving like football requires. All knee jerk reactions.

Being a sound Pro football team that can consistently win will always rely on being able to run the ball successfully against your opponent, and stopping them from doing the same to you. There's the magic if you want it.

Fish knows that you can't reinvent the wheel in Pro ball. Thank Jah we have him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Yup those who win consistently do all things well.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The loss of Sam Bradford was such a major blow to this team is so many ways but as in life when bad things happen some times you get stronger and build on the negative situation to be better. Is this the new Rams??? well we will see after nearly two weeks since the big Colts victory. But its possible after loosing to the Panthers, Seahawks & Titans without Sam the team could have taken up the Ram leader mantle that Sam Bradford has been wearing & each one put it on their shoulders & matured up some.

Today the new Rams have :
*Two rookie RB's leading the way the old Rams had an unknown Pead & hurt DR.
*Two rookie WR's were on the field against the Colts and one exploded with an eye opening game. The enitre WR cadre is in much better strength position that where we were in September. Teams must be worried sick about TA now:omg:.
*Our FB/H-Back Lance Kendrick has been injured most of the yr but now we have a bruising two headed monster & blocking reserve in Cory Harkey who has held up well even after fracturing his leg earlier. Now the Rams have two excellent run blockers for the Rb's to follow.
*The OL started of shaking with the Saffold injury but the next man up (Barksdale)has matured & developed to the point where he has secured the ORT post soundly from a very talented OL'er. Wells & Jake Long have moved away & put major distance from their past nagging surgical injuries and are producing very strong game day run blocking consistent proficiency. Even Harvey's injury has brought positives to this new Ram team where Saffold who was moved from his OLT post to the ORT post now inserted to the ORG post and produced some of the best interior run & pass blocking since the heyday of Timmerman.
*The new entire DL rose to dominate like never seen in over a decade where Quinn & Chris Long looked like a youthful reincarnation of 2001 of Little & Wistrom duo. Langford & Brockers looked like the best Agnew & Farr days.
*The new music quartet sung by JL,Tree, Spoon & Dunbar should of been burned into a new CD.

These New Rams (even in this loosing season thus far) has traveled slowly but surely into improvement that we may not see fully until the new horizon in 2014 season but the road this very young team is experiencing will bring dividends for the future I can not wait.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I don't know. I don't think the loss of SB was a death blow after all.

Clemons has held his own after a rough start. So much so that I can't help but think the Rams are paying SB a boat load to much money. I don't know if this team is better with SB or with another 15-20 million dollars worth of blue chip players on the field.

RamzFanz

Damnit
The loss of Sam Bradford was such a major blow to this team is so many ways but as in life when bad things happen some times you get stronger and build on the negative situation to be better. Is this the new Rams??? well we will see after nearly two weeks since the big Colts victory. But its possible after loosing to the Panthers, Seahawks & Titans without Sam the team could have taken up the Ram leader mantle that Sam Bradford has been wearing & each one put it on their shoulders & matured up some.

Today the new Rams have :
*Two rookie RB's leading the way the old Rams had an unknown Pead & hurt DR.
*Two rookie WR's were on the field against the Colts and one exploded with an eye opening game. The enitre WR cadre is in much better strength position that where we were in September. Teams must be worried sick about TA now:omg:.
*Our FB/H-Back Lance Kendrick has been injured most of the yr but now we have a bruising two headed monster & blocking reserve in Cory Harkey who has held up well even after fracturing his leg earlier. Now the Rams have two excellent run blockers for the Rb's to follow.
*The OL started of shaking with the Saffold injury but the next man up (Barksdale)has matured & developed to the point where he has secured the ORT post soundly from a very talented OL'er. Wells & Jake Long have moved away & put major distance from their past nagging surgical injuries and are producing very strong game day run blocking consistent proficiency. Even Harvey's injury has brought positives to this new Ram team where Saffold who was moved from his OLT post to the ORT post now inserted to the ORG post and produced some of the best interior run & pass blocking since the heyday of Timmerman.
*The new entire DL rose to dominate like never seen in over a decade where Quinn & Chris Long looked like a youthful reincarnation of 2001 of Little & Wistrom duo. Langford & Brockers looked like the best Agnew & Farr days.
*The new music quartet sung by JL,Tree, Spoon & Dunbar should of been burned into a new CD.

These New Rams (even in this loosing season thus far) has traveled slowly but surely into improvement that we may not see fully until the new horizon in 2014 season but the road this very young team is experiencing will bring dividends for the future I can not wait.

:bigup:

In addition, it would seem that all the kids on Special Teams are gelling. Some, like Bailey, are playing top level. With TA returning, Hecker, Greg the Leg, this could be the hidden gem of the team. MAN did they give the Colts the business. POW! Field position NIGHTMARE. We know what that's like, brutal.

When you get the opposing fans to boo return attempts and cheer kneeling, you have arrived.

Last edited by a moderator:

nighttrain

Legend
I don't know. I don't think the loss of SB was a death blow after all.

Clemens has held his own after a rough start. So much so that I can't help but think the Rams are paying SB a boat load to much money. I don't know if this team is better with SB or with another 15-20 million dollars worth of blue chip players on the field.
quit it, Clemens is not and will never be the Rams #1 QB. He's managing the game, and hit 9 of 16, that stat wont win many games, Tavon won the Colt's game with some help from his mates
train

RamzFanz

Damnit
quit it, Clemens is not and will never be the Rams #1 QB. He's managing the game, and hit 9 of 16, that stat wont win many games, Tavon won the Colt's game with some help from his mates
train

Yeah, you insert SB into these last games and Rams may be making a serious playoff run. KC may be adequate if they are able to game plan around his weaknesses. Is SB the answer? We won't know till next season but he was playing outstanding football on a very young team.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
train

I'm not saying Clemons is the guy. I'm saying SB doesn't bring that much more to the table to justify his salary. Unless he comes back and tears it up the Rams shouldn't resign him anywhere near what he currently makes. Take the money and upgrade other positions IMO.