Is the general consensus that Fisher is a good hire?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
X said:
RamFan503 said:
Username said:
X said:
he has experience and has had moderate success. I'm not going to go all in on fisher until I hear what his plan is and what he intends to do with the roster.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel. I'd like to see who he brings in as OC and GM as well. Still, I won't go all in on him until I see how the team preforms under him.

I'm ready to go all in on WHOEVER the next coach is. I would of course have preferences but I will blindly and loyally get behind whoever Stan and/or the new GM chooses. I just can't not go all in on my Rams. Doesn't mean I'm going to put a bullet in my head should they not make the playoffs but all in I will be.
I'm not suggesting that I'm set up to root AGAINST Fisher if he becomes the next head coach. Far from it. I'm just kind of worried about a wholesale destruction of what's already in place. RECORD ASIDE. I'm primarily talking about the foundation of character we have here, and the "family" that has been established on the team. I do expect "some" changes, but I'd hate to see it infused with an overabundance of douche nozzles. Like Haynesworth, Pac Man, Holmes... players like that. I'll back the next guy 100% unless he's a notorious douche himself, at which point it would be an uphill battle. Picture yourself rooting for a Linehan return to head coaching here. I just feel like thinking these things out instead of being all, "OMG!! Fisher! He's got experience! (swooooon)"

There is always a chance who ever comes in will junk most everyone that's here now to establish his identity. More of a chance with a exp. coach that still has some of his old players in the league. Even if Spags would have stayed there would have been a big turnover because of age and the 1 year contracts. So that's not a big deal for me. Other than the core most are just guys.

Fisher is the hot name this year. Wooo!!!!! I just don't want a rush to judgement because of his name. If Martz had never coached here before he might be the hot name here just because of his winning record and offensive rep.
As long as he was a HC, Fisher is his record.

I just want a fair interview for the other candidates. Use Dick V. and Faulk to provide insight and just pick the right guy otherwise 6-26 and were doing this again.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
RamFan503 said:
Ram Quixote said:
squeaky wheel said:
Faceplant said:
Good question. Do NOT agree with the squeaky one about it being as relevant as trading for Faulk OR winning the SB....

If the Rams hire him........YOU WILL. :sly:
Beware great expectations.

Oh the irony. RQ warning Squeak not to be too optimistic.

Personally, I think the base is decent and am expecting whoever Stan anoints to take us to the playoffs and beyond. Of course that is just how I'm wired when it comes to my Rams. Of course if Norv is brought in, that optimism might wain just a bit.
I save my optimism for July-January. Even then, I really don't make SB prognostications.

Someone can probably find it, but what is Fisher's playoff record? Outside of 99 (Miracle return against Buffalo, P.Manning's first playoff game, and the 3rd straight victory over JAX), I recall 2 one-and-dones (2000 & 2008 against the Ravens) when they had the top seed.

I'm not saying he's Martyball II or Ground Chuck, but I believe he only made one other AFC Championship game.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
I'm not suggesting that I'm set up to root AGAINST Fisher if he becomes the next head coach. Far from it. I'm just kind of worried about a wholesale destruction of what's already in place. RECORD ASIDE. I'm primarily talking about the foundation of character we have here, and the "family" that has been established on the team. I do expect "some" changes, but I'd hate to see it infused with an overabundance of douche nozzles. Like Haynesworth, Pac Man, Holmes... players like that. I'll back the next guy 100% unless he's a notorious douche himself, at which point it would be an uphill battle. Picture yourself rooting for a Linehan return to head coaching here. I just feel like thinking these things out instead of being all, "OMG!! Fisher! He's got experience! (swooooon)"

Yeah - I feel yuh man. I would hate to see the culture change - but the win/loss thingy - that could change for sure. I don't want a Rex Ryan coaching our team. And it is not that I put goody two shoes above winning. I do however, have little patience for those idiots who put themselves above the game and the fans. Those kinds of guys have a short shelf life and MAY have some success. Fuck that. I want to win but I don't want to have to listen to those jerk wads while doing it. Probably why I pulled for Spags so hard and still would have been cool with his return.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Too early to tell.

I'd rather have a guy like Bowles with DeCosta.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ram Quixote said:
RamFan503 said:
Ram Quixote said:
squeaky wheel said:
Faceplant said:
Good question. Do NOT agree with the squeaky one about it being as relevant as trading for Faulk OR winning the SB....

If the Rams hire him........YOU WILL. :sly:
Beware great expectations.

Oh the irony. RQ warning Squeak not to be too optimistic.

Personally, I think the base is decent and am expecting whoever Stan anoints to take us to the playoffs and beyond. Of course that is just how I'm wired when it comes to my Rams. Of course if Norv is brought in, that optimism might wain just a bit.
I save my optimism for July-January. Even then, I really don't make SB prognostications.

Someone can probably find it, but what is Fisher's playoff record? Outside of 99 (Miracle return against Buffalo, P.Manning's first playoff game, and the 3rd straight victory over JAX), I recall 2 one-and-dones (2000 & 2008 against the Ravens) when they had the top seed.

I'm not saying he's Martyball II or Ground Chuck, but I believe he only made one other AFC Championship game.

Yeah man. I wasn't ragging on you at all. You know I luv yuh RQ. I just thought it was funny. I also agree with what you are saying. I am not a huge Fisher fan but am willing to see what he can do if he is the anointed one.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I just can't get excited about Fisher. But, he may well be the best available at the moment. I guess we'll know soon enough.

Anonymous

squeaky wheel said:
Selassie I said:
I'm hesitant to say how much I want Fish to be our next HC because I don't want to jinx the process ....

Knocking on wood ---- ----- ----- :mrgreen:

He's by far the best candidate for the job as far as I'm concerned ,,,, FAR better than the TV posers even (including that bulldog jawed Cowher).

CROSSING FINGERS AND TOES.

Am I jinxing the process? :whoa: I will be silent on this until the decision has been made. IT'S THAT IMPORTANT! :lmao: :ww:

:sly:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
squeaky wheel said:
squeaky wheel said:
Selassie I said:
I'm hesitant to say how much I want Fish to be our next HC because I don't want to jinx the process ....

He's by far the best candidate for the job as far as I'm concerned ,,,, FAR better than the TV posers even (including that bulldog jawed Cowher).

Am I jinxing the process? :whoa: I will be silent on this until the decision has been made. IT'S THAT IMPORTANT! :lmao: :ww:

What's that shrill squeaking noise? :tooth:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamFan503 said:
squeaky wheel said:
squeaky wheel said:
Selassie I said:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwRQcyI2yCw[/youtube]

Anonymous

X said:
RamFan503 said:
squeaky wheel said:
squeaky wheel said:
Selassie I said:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwRQcyI2yCw[/youtube]

That's my DD boobies yell.....lower them puppies....mmmmmm :rofl: