Is the general consensus that Fisher is a good hire?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Reno_Ram

UDFA
I'm curious, because I'm really not sold on him, even though it looks apparent it's his job if he wants it.

Anonymous

He would be a fantastic hire. As a St. Louis Rams fan it's up there with trading for Faulk and winning the Super Bowl.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm hesitant to say how much I want Fish to be our next HC because I don't want to jinx the process ....

Knocking on wood ---- ----- ----- :mrgreen:

He's by far the best candidate for the job as far as I'm concerned ,,,, FAR better than the TV posers even (including that bulldog jawed Cowher).

CROSSING FINGERS AND TOES.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Good question. Do NOT agree with the squeaky one about it being as relevant as trading for Faulk OR winning the SB....

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
he has experience and has had moderate success. I'm not going to go all in on fisher until I hear what his plan is and what he intends to do with the roster.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
X said:
he has experience and has had moderate success. I'm not going to go all in on fisher until I hear what his plan is and what he intends to do with the roster.

Agreed

Best candidate on the market IMO

Anonymous

Faceplant said:
Good question. Do NOT agree with the squeaky one about it being as relevant as trading for Faulk OR winning the SB....

If the Rams hire him........YOU WILL. :sly:

Anonymous

Selassie I said:
I'm hesitant to say how much I want Fish to be our next HC because I don't want to jinx the process ....

Knocking on wood ---- ----- ----- :mrgreen:

He's by far the best candidate for the job as far as I'm concerned ,,,, FAR better than the TV posers even (including that bulldog jawed Cowher).

CROSSING FINGERS AND TOES.

Am I jinxing the process? :whoa: I will be silent on this until the decision has been made. IT'S THAT IMPORTANT! :lmao: :ww:

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
squeaky wheel said:
Faceplant said:

Beware great expectations.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Beware great expectations.[/quote]

Yes in deed, VERY well stated. In fact, I think most are under estimating this HC search and I'd only put Fisher's chances currently (at best) somewhere around 50-50. In fact, if the decision goes beyond this weekend, I'd put his chances lower than that. :hehe:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ram Quixote said:
squeaky wheel said:
Faceplant said:

Beware great expectations.

Oh the irony. RQ warning Squeak not to be too optimistic.

Personally, I think the base is decent and am expecting whoever Stan anoints to take us to the playoffs and beyond. Of course that is just how I'm wired when it comes to my Rams. Of course if Norv is brought in, that optimism might wain just a bit.

Reno_Ram

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't think that we would be a bad team, and I like that. But I don't know if hiring him equals Super Bowl championships. I'm not sold. I do agree with a lot of people that he will bring toughness to the team that we desperately need. And I would think he would have a better choice of assistant coaches. But I don't want a run first/tough defense team. That doesn't win in today's NFL.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Reno_Ram said:
That doesn't win in today's NFL.
I agree. It'll be interesting to see how far the 49ers advance with that philosophy. I don't know that Alex Smith is capable of mounting a 21 point comeback in the 4th quarter if it were to come to that.

bluecoconuts

Legend
X said:
Reno_Ram said:
That doesn't win in today's NFL.
I agree. It'll be interesting to see how far the 49ers advance with that philosophy. I don't know that Alex Smith is capable of mounting a 21 point comeback in the 4th quarter if it were to come to that.

It's probably going to happen. Strong defenses are key, and you need those. Have a respectable D and a high powered offense that can hang 30-40+ points easily an that's all you need. Hell, you don't even need a respectable D anymore.. Look at Green Bay, New England, and New Orleans... Those guys don't have strong defenses, but they're able to score at a rate that no hole is too large, and most offenses can't keep up.

If you have a top 5 offense, you can get by with a 20 ranked defense. If you have a top 15 and you're probably in real good shape.

Don't get me wrong I want a good defense, but looking at the teams that are winning, you see the patterns. Top level QB, good receivers, and an offense that scores and moves fast. I think the 49ers bounce their first game, unless it's against the Giants. Even if they beat the Lions earlier in the year, I bet they struggle to score and Alex Smith fails to keep up.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I would prefer an offensive minded coach, but obviously only if he fits all the Rams criteria. I think that Fisher is a good coach. I don't know if I want him to have all personnel decisions. We need a strong personnel guy that has a solid unwavering direction, and he must have cohesion with the new head coach.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i expect fisher will lead the rams to alot of 7 to 9 win seasons. not great but better than 1 to 3 win seasons.

there's a coach out there that can transform the rams into a superbowl contender. only problem is i don't know who he is.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
X said:

This is pretty much exactly how I feel. I'd like to see who he brings in as OC and GM as well. Still, I won't go all in on him until I see how the team preforms under him.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Username said:
X said:

This is pretty much exactly how I feel. I'd like to see who he brings in as OC and GM as well. Still, I won't go all in on him until I see how the team preforms under him.

I'm ready to go all in on WHOEVER the next coach is. I would of course have preferences but I will blindly and loyally get behind whoever Stan and/or the new GM chooses. I just can't not go all in on my Rams. Doesn't mean I'm going to put a bullet in my head should they not make the playoffs but all in I will be.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Haha. Yeah, I get what you're saying. I just have to see proof of success to believe anything after what we've gone though.

Doesn't mean I won't be horse every Mon morning after home games next season cheering my ass off.

One things for certain. The next HC will have a hell of a lot more talent to work with than Spags started with. Should be fun to see what happens.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamFan503 said:
Username said:
X said:

I'm ready to go all in on WHOEVER the next coach is. I would of course have preferences but I will blindly and loyally get behind whoever Stan and/or the new GM chooses. I just can't not go all in on my Rams. Doesn't mean I'm going to put a bullet in my head should they not make the playoffs but all in I will be.
I'm not suggesting that I'm set up to root AGAINST Fisher if he becomes the next head coach. Far from it. I'm just kind of worried about a wholesale destruction of what's already in place. RECORD ASIDE. I'm primarily talking about the foundation of character we have here, and the "family" that has been established on the team. I do expect "some" changes, but I'd hate to see it infused with an overabundance of douche nozzles. Like Haynesworth, Pac Man, Holmes... players like that. I'll back the next guy 100% unless he's a notorious douche himself, at which point it would be an uphill battle. Picture yourself rooting for a Linehan return to head coaching here. I just feel like thinking these things out instead of being all, "OMG!! Fisher! He's got experience! (swooooon)"