Is Noteboom starting?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well height was always a deciding factor at the DT spot until that one guy on our team did that thing. Here's to hoping we have another position redefining player

What about Noteboom,Edwards’s,Brewer?
Big Rob still is getting paid bank.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Anchrum was the starting right tackle for Clemson (I think Jackson Carman was their left tackle, and I'm quite intrigued by him.) in his senior year. I think he could be a super sub, as I think he can play anywhere on the line. He's certainly intelligent enough to play center.

There it is .thumbs up!! He is very smart & mature for his age.He is a winner as well.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What about Noteboom,Edwards’s,Brewer?
Big Rob still is getting paid bank.
well noteboom is 6'5"
edwards is 6'6"
I literally dont know who brewer is
and havenstein is 6'8'

I was just asking another poster what he thought about a rams player and hoping he could overcome his height deficiency

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
LG & The Run Game will be Huge Saturday.I thought Bobby Evans playing next to Whitworth really helped Cam Akers start to get off.
—Malcom Brown started to bang off some good runs late in Seattle game.Like 4- carries 30 yards.
—Jared Goff I believe completed his last 5 passes? He was like 4-14.Then finished 9-19.The Rams Offense might surprise us.Starting from the LEFt side.I’ve been hard on Austin Corbett,but his run blocking looked good.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
well noteboom is 6'5"
edwards is 6'6"
I literally dont know who brewer is
and havenstein is 6'8'

I was just asking another poster what he thought about a rams player and hoping he could overcome his height deficiency

Right on. He did get in a few snaps as the first Sub off the bench.To me in means there is NFL game tape & The Rams like & trust him.
Sorry if I was rude,or out of place.I am fired up for this offensive line against Green Bay. I really don’t wanted to see him this weekend though.The Rams depth is pretty good I believe.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Right on. He did get in a few snaps as the first Sub off the bench.To me in means there is NFL game tape & The Rams like & trust him.
Sorry if I was rude,or out of place.I am fired up for this offensive line against Green Bay. I really don’t wanted to see him this weekend though.The Rams depth is pretty good I believe.
You’re good brotha. I can only speak for myself but all I want is a rams win . Fuck everything else

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Their comments about him to the media. I can't remember which articles they were, but they have spoken glowingly about his future, especially at OT.

So, once he gets NFL strength you think he can push for a starting spot then? Any chance he would be groomed for OC?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So, once he gets NFL strength you think he can push for a starting spot then? Any chance he would be groomed for OC?

Maybe. It's hard to say on either question. I know Kromer likes to train guys at as many OL spots as possible. Anchrum certainly has a skillset that would work at Center if he has the football IQ, leadership/communication skills, and ability to handle snapping the ball. The biggest issue with him coming out of college (for the Center position) was his tendency to be slow/late with his hands. You can't have that at Center. You need to have quick, precise hands to transition from snapping the ball to taking on the defender.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The issues with Tremayne Anchrum were pretty much what @jrry32 has covered......TA was generally average to good at most of the graded area & elements on playing OL'er but nothing outstanding was perceived in his profile. Thus thats why he was a last round pick.

TA's NCAA career was @ OT & on the right side. But all his coaches said he was fully capable of playing & starting any OL position. But for his Championship team, he was needed @ RT. He did very well playing there so he worked his body to be what a college OT is.
1610727643793.png

TA does have some upper body strength for his short stature {6-1 7/8} he did 26 reps before the draft on the bench even with those extra-long arms. As with most all OL'ers coming out of college is was a great amount of bodywork & technical brainwork that TA needs to build on. I am sure that TA's lower body power was far below what will be needed to play the interior! That's fine Kromer has the time.

The Rams 2021 OL will not suffer any FA'cy departures other than OC Austin Blythe as best I can see. So this current OL should remain much of the same. The new center (whoever that is) might cause a starting OG to pop open with a vacancy but this Ram OL reserve unit is one of the best in the NFL @ this moment in time. Many unknowns here as to how far all those Ram OC prospects have improved.

Thus far as best I can research is TA has been getting most of his work on the left side @ LG/LT posts. But I do not consider that to be where he works in the future. Early this TC ....With LT Whitworth having very little to do in practice & LG's Noteboom rehabbing from the knee surgery plus the loss of reserve LG/LT Chandler Brewer (Covid-19) who worked the left side most of the time in 2019 made Kromer have a need for TA to fill that side.

Tremayne Anchrum 2020 NFL Draft Profile - Last Word on Pro Football (lastwordonsports.com)
Tremayne Anchrum OT Clemson - Draft Player Profile | The Draft Network
2020 Draft Prospects: Tremayne Anchrum, OG, Clemson (patriots.com)
Tremayne Anchrum an interesting prospect | Rams ON DEMAND

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Maybe. It's hard to say on either question. I know Kromer likes to train guys at as many OL spots as possible. Anchrum certainly has a skillset that would work at Center if he has the football IQ, leadership/communication skills, and ability to handle snapping the ball. The biggest issue with him coming out of college (for the Center position) was his tendency to be slow/late with his hands. You can't have that at Center. You need to have quick, precise hands to transition from snapping the ball to taking on the defender.

Then I have the same question about Austin Corbett at Center.Hiw much has he been crisis-trained with Kromer?
Here he is the starting RG & moved from LG.The Rams have so much Center depth on the roster.How many snaps has he got? Plus he is going into a contract year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Then I have the same question about Austin Corbett at Center.Hiw much has he been crisis-trained with Kromer?
Here he is the starting RG & moved from LG.The Rams have so much Center depth on the roster.How many snaps has he got? Plus he is going into a contract year.

Corbett trained at Center during the draft process and during his time in Cleveland. I can't speak to what he has done here.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The issues with Tremayne Anchrum were pretty much what @jrry32 has covered......TA was generally average to good at most of the graded area & elements on playing OL'er but nothing outstanding was perceived in his profile. Thus thats why he was a last round pick.

TA's NCAA career was @ OT & on the right side. But all his coaches said he was fully capable of playing & starting any OL position. But for his Championship team, he was needed @ RT. He did very well playing there so he worked his body to be what a college OT is.
View attachment 42932

TA does have some upper body strength for his short stature {6-1 7/8} he did 26 reps before the draft on the bench even with those extra-long arms. As with most all OL'ers coming out of college is was a great amount of bodywork & technical brainwork that TA needs to build on. I am sure that TA's lower body power was far below what will be needed to play the interior! That's fine Kromer has the time.

The Rams 2021 OL will not suffer any FA'cy departures other than OC Austin Blythe as best I can see. So this current OL should remain much of the same. The new center (whoever that is) might cause a starting OG to pop open with a vacancy but this Ram OL reserve unit is one of the best in the NFL @ this moment in time. Many unknowns here as to how far all those Ram OC prospects have improved.

Thus far as best I can research is TA has been getting most of his work on the left side @ LG/LT posts. But I do not consider that to be where he works in the future. Early this TC ....With LT Whitworth having very little to do in practice & LG's Noteboom rehabbing from the knee surgery plus the loss of reserve LG/LT Chandler Brewer (Covid-19) who worked the left side most of the time in 2019 made Kromer have a need for TA to fill that side.

Tremayne Anchrum 2020 NFL Draft Profile - Last Word on Pro Football (lastwordonsports.com)
Tremayne Anchrum OT Clemson - Draft Player Profile | The Draft Network
2020 Draft Prospects: Tremayne Anchrum, OG, Clemson (patriots.com)
Tremayne Anchrum an interesting prospect | Rams ON DEMAND

Well he did play RT when Big Rob was hurt? I was very surprised because I thought Bobby Evans was active.When Noteboom didn’t come in for Edwards I was really SURPRISED again.
—Bobby Evans I would never had thought he would be LG with Noteboom healthy last week. That said

I SAW BOBBY EVANS really OPEN up some Holes. He made a few mistakes,but in all cases played with GREAT Effort.This is what Gives ME hope THE RAMS OFFENSE will MOVE the BALL against GB

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well he did play RT when Big Rob was hurt? I was very surprised because I thought Bobby Evans was active.When Noteboom didn’t come in for Edwards I was really SURPRISED again.
—Bobby Evans I would never had thought he would be LG with Noteboom healthy last week. That said

I SAW BOBBY EVANS really OPEN up some Holes. He made a few mistakes,but in all cases played with GREAT Effort.This is what Gives ME hope THE RAMS OFFENSE will MOVE the BALL against GB

Evans was on the COVID list that day and not active. I had the same question at the time, so I checked.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Corbett trained at Center during the draft process and during his time in Cleveland. I can't speak to what he has done here.

Yeah- if he was any good there he would still be a Brown. They have Probably the BEST Offensive Line in The NFL. Hope they beat KC

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Evans was on the COVID list that day and not active. I had the same question at the time, so I checked.

Thanks - I knew that. Not sure if your talking about during that game.

What is your view on Bobby Evans? I’m really high on him. He played his ASS off at RT in2019

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah- if he was any good there he would still be a Brown. They have Probably the BEST Offensive Line in The NFL. Hope they beat KC

The Browns were already set there when they traded him. Tretter is one of the best Centers in the NFL. Bitonio is one of the best LGs in the NFL. And Wyatt Teller has emerged as one of the NFL's best RGs. It wasn't about Corbett being any good. It was about him being blocked from starting by other players.

Thanks - I knew that. Not sure if your talking about during that game.

What is your view on Bobby Evans? I’m really high on him. He played his ASS off at RT in2019

I think he'll be a better OG than a RT, but I guess we'll see this weekend if he starts at LG.