Is Noteboom starting?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Rumor was Edwards is hurt.I’m not sure,but Whitworth is back at LT.The Rams started Noteboom game 1 in 2019 & 2020. I know most HATE him at guard.Just wondering if there is going to be a surprise upfront?

Maybe I’m out of my mind? Maybe both?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I will also add Jared Goff & Woods got credit for a win against Washington by Verizon just now during Bills/Colts game.— that might be a tell?
Watching the game makes me excited for Cam Aykers. (Moss & my guy Taylor)
making his rookie season special.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well the answer was no & Bobby Evans even took Edwards place.

This leaves The Rams depth chart wide open in the coming years.Booby played better than Big Rob last season imo.
Now Noteboom might just be the backup LT next season?Corbett made a couple good blocks.Was nad when Evans missed a block on the 3rd & 2.Then has really looked good sense.Actually better than David Edwards.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Evans has been absolutely solid for replacing Edwards. Honestly, if they move Corbett to center, Evans might be the answer for right guard.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Evans has been absolutely solid for replacing Edwards. Honestly, if they move Corbett to center, Evans might be the answer for right guard.
LMAO on Corbett at Center,but that is a thing around here. Respect you opinion though. I could be 100% wrong.

Bobby Evans I was wrong with. He Played his BUTT OFF.

Any word on David Edwards??

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Agreed. Evans should start for Edwards. Although, I'd move Edwards to RG to pair with Hav next year.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
On the ongoing Achilles injury the last few weeks by starting Left OG David Edwards.....normally nothing will help that injury but rest....so yes it Bobby Evans time in the spotlight just like last season. I thought Evans did a good overall job starting those 7 games for Hav. Evans not as good as a run blocker @ RT but Evans's pass blocking was better than Hav's.... Evans should be sharper this Saturday @ LG with a full week of practice under his belt with the #1 OL. Edwards was limping significantly before he exited the game last Saturday

I would imagine that Noteboom has been getting all the snaps in practice @ LT for Whitworth's knee most likely in great need of rest. I sure hope Whitworth did not strain his knee coming back so fast.

TexasRam

Legend
I rewatched the film on Evans play and while he has better push then Edwards he’s got a long way to go with technique and assignment.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What do you think about tremayne anchrum dude?

Rams seem very high on him. In college, I felt he needed a bit more power to his game if he was going to slide inside. He's a bit like Kelvin Beachum, a tweener. Might be too finesse for a starting OG and a bit short for OT. But he has the length, despite his lack of height, to arguably stay outside. It seems like the Rams like him at OT. Seems like a kid who will stick with us as a utility OL and swing OT. Might have starting potential somewhere.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams seem very high on him. In college, I felt he needed a bit more power to his game if he was going to slide inside. He's a bit like Kelvin Beachum, a tweener. Might be too finesse for a starting OG and a bit short for OT. But he has the length, despite his lack of height, to arguably stay outside. It seems like the Rams like him at OT. Seems like a kid who will stick with us as a utility OL and swing OT. Might have starting potential somewhere.
Interesting, I always assumed he was a road grader from the way he looked even if he was short. What gives you the indication Rams are high on him?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting, I always assumed he was a road grader from the way he looked even if he was short. What gives you the indication Rams are high on him?

Their comments about him to the media. I can't remember which articles they were, but they have spoken glowingly about his future, especially at OT.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Their comments about him to the media. I can't remember which articles they were, but they have spoken glowingly about his future, especially at OT.
Well height was always a deciding factor at the DT spot until that one guy on our team did that thing. Here's to hoping we have another position redefining player

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Anchrum was the starting right tackle for Clemson (I think Jackson Carman was their left tackle, and I'm quite intrigued by him.) in his senior year. I think he could be a super sub, as I think he can play anywhere on the line. He's certainly intelligent enough to play center.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
On the ongoing Achilles injury the last few weeks by starting Left OG David Edwards.....normally nothing will help that injury but rest....so yes it Bobby Evans time in the spotlight just like last season. I thought Evans did a good overall job starting those 7 games for Hav. Evans not as good as a run blocker @ RT but Evans's pass blocking was better than Hav's.... Evans should be sharper this Saturday @ LG with a full week of practice under his belt with the #1 OL. Edwards was limping significantly before he exited the game last Saturday

I would imagine that Noteboom has been getting all the snaps in practice @ LT for Whitworth's knee most likely in great need of rest. I sure hope Whitworth did not strain his knee coming back so fast.

Thanks for info Bonifay’d.Can always count on you.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Jrry is usually pretty good at player evaluation. I understand Anchrum has no nfl tape but I respect Jrry's opinon

Well he did get a few snaps at RT. I was not impressed & Bobby Evans was hurt.That was why I thought Noteboom was going to have a chance last week to start a LG.
Bobby Evans missed a couple plays ,but damn. He was squaring defenders up.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

My take on Anchrum is basically the same this season. I think his future might be different?
He is the 3rd youngest player in The Rams roster & for an Offensive Lineman it means a lot in filling out & strength.
My call is he will Play Center before Austin Corbett Will imo.Will see & I know there are a lot of people on Corbett playing Center.I just don’t see it.I think The Rams have a lot of depth & will have to just see what OTA’s look like after free agency.