Is McVay our McCarthy?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I feel the frustration, but to expect Kyren Williams to be able to handle 25-30 rush attempts in a game is not realistic. The man is 5'9, 195 lbs. He's a third-down back, not a bell cow. And we have NO ONE behind him. The pass-heavy game plan is a necessity, not a whim.
Pretty close to Ekeler size.

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
Ekeler only missed eight games in his first six seasons; and six of those missed games were in 2020.

Agree with the concern about Williams' durability.
Ekeler's career high for carries is 206, or about 13 a game. No bell cow, that. My point, with which you seem to agree, is that guys that little can't be expected to rush 25-30 times a game. Their bodies won't hold up.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
The rank McCarthyism in this thread...

"Have you no sense of decency? At long last, have you left no sense of decency?"

Just a joke for some old farts who are history buffs here...

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Ekeler's career high for carries is 206, or about 13 a game. No bell cow, that. My point, with which you seem to agree, is that guys that little can't be expected to rush 25-30 times a game. Their bodies won't hold up.
Yes, I just disagreed with your ... 'he's hurt all the time' comment.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, and he's hurt all the time. Exactly my point.
"Ekeler missed only nine games in his first six seasons and had not missed a game since 2021 when an ankle injury sidelined him for a game."

If he was bigger he wouldn't hurt his ankle? It seems a lot of players are out because of ankles and hamstrings.