Is McVay a Liar?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Don’t care about Curley and don’t care about his job being made harder.
McVay was not honest about the injury situation with Gurley. That’s his choice to make with the press.
You know forgives all? Winning.
Sean keeps winning he do what he wants.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I bumped into McVay the other day, I said; “Hey Sean, what’s up?”

He said “not much”.

Yeah, I call BS on that too. He lives in LA. Just got engaged. Something is definitely up.

Liar.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McVay's Job is to win games. If that means lying to a reporter so be it. What a self-important idiot, that reporter is.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The media are only friends to a head coach when he is winning. I will never blame a coach for controlling what he gives them in order to maintain an informational edge.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Coach didn't sit there and yap about a potentially injured player's potential injury before the Super Bowl?

He should be strung up for that, obviously, I mean what's next? He's going to keep the playbook a secret?

oldnotdead

Legend
Dude why would McVay help the Pat's gameplan against his team. It was a very stupid question to ask any coach heading into the Super Bowl. Of course he's going to say Gurley is 100%. What else could he say. "Oh he's hurting and will do his best?" Duuuuhhhhh :neener:

Reporters simply don't get it. Do they really expect people to tell the unvarnished truth every time regardless of context or situation? Thats beyond being naive.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It didn't take too long to figure out that McVay doesn't give out complete information on players injures etc... He talks about things very well without really saying much. He has a gift for this. This is what NFL Head Coaches do.

Curley should have tried to get information elsewhere which may have been hard to find but, that's his job. He also could have speculated that Gurley wasn't completely healthy from his play and lack of play late in season. We all wanted Gurley to be healthy for the SB. I was fooled into thinking he was. Going into this season my eyes are wide open that Gurley's health is a question mark.

Than what happened in the Dallas game ??

My biggest question mark in the Super Bowl was what would have happened if John Sullivan does not get called for holding on Gurleys 14 yard run ??
I have to believe Gurley goes off & The Rams finish that game strong !! Go back and look at the tape. That call on Coleman for an unprotected player. What a joke 5 yards behind the line in such close quarters ???
I still think Gurley goes off. As post above stat the Gurley situation, I think Gurley is fine & just being patient leading into 2019.

He is in better shape & has lost a little weight. I think he will show more sped.

As far as McVay. I think he is not 100% sure about Gurleys knee. He gets his reports. There was something wrong , but what ??
The Rams & Snead made an excellent move in claiming Anderson.
When your not sure about Gurleys knee & you have a RB running like That. Why not fall in love.Why risk Gurley ?? For what ???

I think it was a good decision except he let things get away from him in the Super Bowl ??

Riddle me that

Ram65

Legend

My biggest question mark in the Super Bowl was what would have happened if John Sullivan does not get called for holding on Gurleys 14 yard run ??
I have to believe Gurley goes off & The Rams finish that game strong !! Go back and look at the tape. That call on Coleman for an unprotected player. What a joke 5 yards behind the line in such close quarters ???
I still think Gurley goes off. As post above stat the Gurley situation, I think Gurley is fine & just being patient leading into 2019.

He is in better shape & has lost a little weight. I think he will show more sped.

As far as McVay. I think he is not 100% sure about Gurleys knee. He gets his reports. There was something wrong , but what ??
When your not sure about Gurleys knee & you have a RB running like That. Why not fall in love.Why risk Gurley ?? For what ???

I think it was a good decision except he let things get away from him in the Super Bowl ??

Riddle me that

Let's hope Gurley is healthy and ready to go in 2019.

CJ Anderson wouldn't have played much had Gurley been himself in the SB. It's that simple. McVay knew it. Don't blame McVay for not saying something was wrong with Gurley before the game.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
C6A05896-1653-40F1-916F-129138F9A24C.gif

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Oh great, now Sean created the third greatest lie.
#1 check is in the mail.
#2 I promise I won't *** in your mouth.
#3 Todd is 100%.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
It has always baffled me when anybody gets surprised by any coach not being truthful when asked questions that the person asking has no reasonable expectation of receiving a truthful answer. A coach is always going to hedge against giving info out that can help his opponent. McVay hedges by saying a lot of words without telling you anything. He always has. It looks like he is being accommodating and transparent. Belicheat is way more blatant about it. He is more, Fuck You. It is still the same.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Nobody knows what Gurley might be going through--this seems like the kind of thing where even Gurley himself (much less trainers, the team, etc.) doesn't know when/if he's going to encounter pain, worsening of pain, an impact on his performance, etc. Not everything is black and white and fixed, etc. That's not something anybody could lie about--it's just a lot can't be known or predicted. Not sure how that's McVay's fault.

bluecoconuts

Legend

Riddle me that

I think the Rams win if the refs called a good game. It's not that the refs did anything so blatant, but there were a number of iffy calls that they called on the Rams and a number of good calls they let go. The Sullivan "hold" was one of those bad calls.

It's why I'm extra salty about all the fucking crying the Saints fans did, I think the refs listened to the noise and were a little quicker to throw a flag against the Rams and a little more hesitant to throw one against the Pats. NFL needs to be better with their officiating, not just in terms of making the correct call, but also in terms of blocking out fan and press noise.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
in terms of blocking out fan and press noise.

Btw, this has got to be a dumb question, but was screaming throughout our entire offensive possessions (as opposed to prior to the snap) something new, or does that happen all the time?

P.S. I do know it's something Asshole Face requested, but does it go on all the time and I just never noticed?