Is Matt Ryan Better Than Sam Bradford?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Sam has the arm on him, and IMO Sam gets a ring ,Matt never does

Sum1

Hall of Fame
At this point I don't see Bradford being a future HOF type QB. But I see him no worse than Alex Smith and his ceiling is still in the Matt Ryan/Joe Flaaco/Eli Manning range.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Matt Ryan is the person I continue to say is most similar to Bradford. It's a toss up. But like X said, Matty Ice is a sweet nickname... something Sam needs.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Matt Ryan is the person I continue to say is most similar to Bradford. It's a toss up. But like X said, Matty Ice is a sweet nickname... something Sam needs.

Sammy Sno-cone?

Oh this could be fun........

jap

Legend

He has Sam the Ram and Sam I Am. What more does he need? :cool:

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Give me Bradford every day! Had he had the protection from his OL that Ryan has had from day one, except this past year, and even one Pro Bowl WR to throw to this would not even be a conversation.

As for the nicknames, I hate the "Matty Ice" stuff, probably as much because Ryan, to me, just has one of those smug faces that looks like it NEEDS to be punched! It also reminds me of a low cost, high alcohol content beer, Natural Ice.

Samtastic is all that needs to be said.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I would have said Ryan is a good decision maker until this year. Dude made some serious bad throws this year once his WR went down.
It's amazing just how much effect an offensive line can have on a quarterback's decision making.

jap

Legend
Have you ever heard an announcer/ESPN call him by a nickname? I don't recall it, if it's happened.

You need an announcer or one of the ESPN idiots to give a nickname legitimacy? I tend to hate most of their nicknames. The monikers members come up with here are usually cooler. :wink:

RamsFan14

Starter
I personally don't think this is close, I would take Matt Ryan over Bradford. Matt Ryan is proven and unfortunately, Bradford still has a lot to prove. I don't like the situation Bradford has had to deal with his first 3 years in the league, to me it was absolutely terrible, but the fact is Ryan has played well his whole career. Ryan has been around better talent and thus has developed into a pretty darn good QB. We can always say if Bradford had what Matt Ryan has then he'd be great too, but we really just don't know who'd be better with the talent, ya know? I want to believe Bradford can be better then Ryan, but at this point there isn't enough evidence for me to say Bradford is better then Ryan, and the sad part for me is it's not too close either. If Bradford rebounds this year, who knows. Anything can happen, he can flop, he can be great, who knows. But right now Ryan has at least proven himself even if his talent around him has been much better then Bradford's. That's enough for me to pick him RIGHT NOW over Bradford. I still hope Bradford can be as good as him, we'll see. Warner started balling when he was 27 or 28? I just go by the notion anything is possible with hard work, seems like Bradford wants it and he has talent imo, so I ain't counting him out yet.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Ryan. But it's close.
Ryan goes through his reads faster, and has better anticipation and pocket awareness.

ausmurp

Starter
I think Ryan is a better decision maker but Sam's got the arm. Give me Sam, Julio, an OL, and White and I'd have a pro bowler in Bradford, easy.

Disagree completely. Ryan has one of the best arms in the NFL. Sam does not. Even with WRs down and Harry Douglas as his starter, Ryan's completion pct was 67.9% and he avg 7 ypa. Bradford has never came close to either of those numbers and they are numbers of an ELITE QB. I'm not saying Bradford can't do it next season, just saying he hasn't yet.

Ram_of_Old

Ryan has had one bad OL year. Sam has had a few more. My biggest concern with Sam is that he not develop "happy feet." When he comes back next year, that is the first thing I will look at. I have been around long enough to remember Jim Everett. Please shore up our O line and bring in some depth Mister Snead! With a good OL in front of both Sam has the best accuracy.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
That helps for sure but still have to see them, figure out where they will be and get it out before you get trapped.
But the all pro ones you don't have to see them you KNOW they are there is what I was referring to

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Yeah, all things considered...I will KEEP, SAM. All things being equal, which is hard to equate, IMO, Sam has more talent, and a higher ceiling. This year, to me, he proved it, if you look at Matt's sitch.