Is Kyle Shanahan = Jeff Fisher?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah it's a bad comp. But Shanny's mediocre as fuck as an organizational leader. Might even be bad there.

That might be, but you can't deny that he's an absolutely brilliant offensive mind. McVay is a far better HC, but I'd take Kyle Shanahan over him as an offensive coordinator.

Maybe McVay will add him as OC when he gets his ass fired for losing games. And as to the sperging over Shanny's admittedly excellent OC abilities...

qcyZbwZ.gif

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yeah it's a bad comp. But Shanny's mediocre as fuck as an organizational leader. Might even be bad there.

Maybe McVay will add him as OC when he gets his ass fired for losing games. And as to the sperging over Shanny's admittedly excellent OC abilities...

qcyZbwZ.gif

I 100% guarantee that if the 9ers fire Kyle Shanahan, the Denver Broncos will fire Fangio and hire Shanahan... That's not just my assessment, but also one of my best friends who's as much a Broncos fan as we are Rams fans and even was contemplating going into coaching and was doing some school for that before he had to provide for kids and is now doing super well at Dell Enterprise.

That said, if the Broncos miss that opportunity, then heck yeah, I'd take Kyle in a minute as OC, but you'd have to know it'd only be one year because we'd lose him after the Super Bowl, anyway, so...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I 100% guarantee that if the 9ers fire Kyle Shanahan, the Denver Broncos will fire Fangio and hire Shanahan... That's not just my assessment, but also one of my best friends who's as much a Broncos fan as we are Rams fans and even was contemplating going into coaching and was doing some school for that before he had to provide for kids and is now doing super well at Dell Enterprise.

That said, if the Broncos miss that opportunity, then heck yeah, I'd take Kyle in a minute as OC, but you'd have to know it'd only be one year because we'd lose him after the Super Bowl, anyway, so...
Yeah he'd get a head coach gig immediately. Was kidding around there re: him being McVay's OC.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
That might be, but you can't deny that he's an absolutely brilliant offensive mind. McVay is a far better HC, but I'd take Kyle Shanahan over him as an offensive coordinator.

He reminds me of a streaky shooter in the NBA. There are times when it seems like everything they throw up at the basket goes in... then, something happens and everything they throw up bricks off the rim. Shooters like that never think they're gonna miss so they have no shame/fear of missing. They just keep chucking the ball up. When they're on a hot steak they seem unstoppable... but the hot streak can completely turn off at any time.

I get the impression that he believes that he is always the smartest person on either sideline during games. He believes he'll never miss... and there are times when it seems like everything he calls works like a Swiss timepiece. And then, everything crashes into shit with his plays seemingly without reason. Like with ATL's Superbowl. He's streaky.

Jeff gets a lot of shit and it's deservedly so. But the fact is... he does have more NFL wins under his coaching belt than K Shanahan will ever see. Jeff was extremely talented as a coach too. During his coaching career... he could only reach an average outcome with his teams. He was able to reach the Super Bowl though as a head coach... but just like Shanahan... he came up short in the end.

They both have their strengths... but I think both will be known for never getting their teams a ring. That's my prediction. Maybe Shanahan will be able to compensate for his weaknesses better than Fisher was able to do... but I don't believe his arrogance will ever allow him to. We'll see.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
This JMHO and i havn't watched him as much as McVay, but
Difference in him and McVay is personality. Do not think he has ability to bond with his team
as well as some coaches. Which could affect teams ability to be a family type unit. Again JMO

DVontel

Rookie
Shanahan has had 4 different teams with top 10 offense, (3 top 4) and I think the team failures rest at Lynch's feet not his.
Fisher on the other hand had only 6 winning seasons in 21 years and probably the main reason why Steve McNair isnt in the Hall of Fame
Lynch is just there for show. Shanahan is in control of personnel decisions. Great offensive mind, but horrific figuring out talent.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lynch is just there for show. Shanahan is in control of personnel decisions. Great offensive mind, but horrific figuring out talent.
I dont believe that for 1 second. Shanahan wanted Mac Jones. The front office wanted "their guy"

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Mahomes stole his ring. Otherwise people would view him differently.

He has shown he can build a truly great team. Niners are not the same without Mostert.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Was there one team Fisher owned the way Shanahan owns the Rams?

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
If Kyle Shanahan becomes Fisher and he's the guy who beats us 1-2 times a year and we're in the Super Bowl or NFC championship game every year... yeah, I'll take that even if it means losing to the damn 9ers.

I know owning the 9ers and finishing 6-10 sucked dirty, hairy, smelly ass.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This JMHO and i havn't watched him as much as McVay, but
Difference in him and McVay is personality. Do not think he has ability to bond with his team
as well as some coaches. Which could affect teams ability to be a family type unit. Again JMO
Agreed. But by God he can anticipate and beat McVay. Shit if he could do what he does vs McVay to every other coach out there he'd win 15 fuckin games a year.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Agreed. But by God he can anticipate and beat McVay. Shit if he could do what he does vs McVay to every other coach out there he'd win 15 fuckin games a year.
McVay is 3-6 against Shanahan. One of those games we sat all our starters because we had nothing to gain. That was the super bowl year. If not for that, McVay would be 4-5 against the whiners with a chance to even the record later this season.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack

Morris made this an easy game for Kyle.

It was like Madden on easy mode where you call the same play over and over because it works. You just switch sides for the run and run the same play and win.

I hate that we just fed Deebo Samuel's version of SOSAR. That hurts.