Is Kyle Shanahan = Jeff Fisher?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Losing record, 3 losing seasons in 4 years and likely another losing season this season. Can Kyle parlay a super bowl appearance into many years of mediocrity?

The only thing that pisses me off is that the douchebag seems to game plan well against the Rams.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Shanny’s a genius, best play caller in the nfl. Except in the super bowl. When he gets fired he’ll have another job in no time.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
For all the flack Fisher got, he lost his starting QB every single year. I am glad we moved on. But never having a starting QB would handicap any coach. I suspect that Fisher would have had at least 1 or 2 winning seasons if Bradford's knees held up.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nope. He's nothing at all like Jeff Fisher. Shanahan is a stellar offensive mind, but his personnel decisions have been quite questionable.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Nah

Fisher played in the NFL. Got into coaching and earned his way through the coaching ranks the hard way. He has more NFL wins (and losses) than almost every NFL coach.

Rat Face boy Shanahan rode his father's coat tails into his coaching jobs. Born with a silver spoon as they say. His attitude alone exudes Silver Spoon syndrome.

Ellard80

Legend
Shanny’s a genius, best play caller in the nfl. Except in the super bowl. When he gets fired he’ll have another job in no time.
genius with one winning season in 5 seasons.

he is a competent OC - the head coaching gig has gotten shaky however.

Psycho_X

Legend
If Shanahan gets fired I'd love for McVay to hire him as his OC and hand play calling duties to him full time. I do NOT want McVay to hire Jeff Fisher as any kind of play caller ever. They do not equal each other in today's NFL.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The most wins Fisher ever got with the Rams was seven. He never took the Rams to the playoffs...Ever. I think Shanny took the Whiners to the Super Bowl.

EJFlrRr.gif

Tano

Legend
The most wins Fisher ever got with the Rams was seven. He never took the Rams to the playoffs...Ever. I think Shanny took the Whiners to the Super Bowl.

EJFlrRr.gif
Tennessee went to the Super Bowl with Fisher and Fishers record kept going downhill after that year

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Nope. He's nothing at all like Jeff Fisher. Shanahan is a stellar offensive mind, but his personnel decisions have been quite questionable.

I agree here, I also believe that if the 49ers made a change, they would fire Lynch first and Keep Shanahan. Also before commenting on Kyle Shanahan I would like my team to beat the 49ers a few times too. Here's hoping tonight is a beginning.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
not even close. hes still one of, if not the best, play callers in the league. His issues are more so off the field than on the field, like roster building, drafting, etc. I also think they have some issue with the medical staff or how they work their players or something cuz the amount of injuries they get per year is insane and i honestly put that on the HC

Ellard80

Legend
If Shanahan gets fired I'd love for McVay to hire him as his OC and hand play calling duties to him full time. I do NOT want McVay to hire Jeff Fisher as any kind of play caller ever. They do not equal each other in today's NFL.
in response to kyle calling the plays....

Shanahan ppg in 5 years 23.4
McVay ppg in 5 years 27.88

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Shanahan may be the offensive version of Fisher. IMO though Fisher is more likeable by the players. Fishers biggest fault was his unwillingness to field a real O. Shanahan like Fisher drafts questionable players in hopes athleticism will make up for lack of football intelligence.

Tano

Legend
I meant as a Rams HC....
Yeah but I think Shanahan is being compared to Fisher both Tennessee and LA even though Shanahan doesn't have the years that Fisher does.

I just think that Shanahan is on the same path as Fisher even though Fisher won a few more games in his early years than Shanahan has

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Shanahan has had 4 different teams with top 10 offense, (3 top 4) and I think the team failures rest at Lynch's feet not his.
Fisher on the other hand had only 6 winning seasons in 21 years and probably the main reason why Steve McNair isnt in the Hall of Fame

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Questionable personnel decisions and devastating injuries make for an impossible scenario in which to succeed.

I just hope Shanahan doesn't realize that half of his problem seems to be a subpar sports medicine and rehab department. I ABSOLUTELY don't wish for any player to get injured. That said, some orgs just don't have very good rehab departments and you can tell because players talk...openly...about it.

It's one of the first things DJax said... with this rehab department, he could see himself playing until he was 40... and that's all I have to say about that...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nah

Fisher played in the NFL. Got into coaching and earned his way through the coaching ranks the hard way. He has more NFL wins (and losses) than almost every NFL coach.

Rat Face boy Shanahan rode his father's coat tails into his coaching jobs. Born with a silver spoon as they say. His attitude alone exudes Silver Spoon syndrome.
That might be, but you can't deny that he's an absolutely brilliant offensive mind. McVay is a far better HC, but I'd take Kyle Shanahan over him as an offensive coordinator.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wasn't comparing them for their offensive prowess. Obviously Shanahan would be superior in that area.

What I was talking about was their overall record and being able to parlay a single super bowl appearance into many years of head coaching jobs. It doesn't look like Shanny is even on the hot seat even if he has his 4th losing season in 5 years.