Is it Tavon time ... finally?/Mort-Schefter

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Whats funny is the shecocks onside/mis hit kick was done to avoid kicking to Tavon, lol, he hasnt reutrned kick offs in quite some time. Pete looks dumber everytime he opens his mouth.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I think that sometimes it takes a QB a bit of time to fully believe that he almost can't overthrow a burner like Austin on a deep throw...Even though he knows how fast he is, he still has to make himself believe it...I think that's even more true on field turf ...Speaking of his speed, I'm not sure I've enough seen a burst like the one he suddenly put on during the punt return...It seems like when you think he's full out, he suddenly shows one more gear...The guy's speed is just amazing once he really flips on the nitro switch..Especially when he uses it and dumps that dumbass high-stepping shit that jukes nobody...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The TDs were great, but he also had a nice conversion on the game tying drive, right before Kendricks caught that TD. Helped us win that game.

SimpleBabyishBlackfly.gif

Great point! That was an insanely HUGE play at the time.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is what I'm waiting to see. It's great that the Rams are getting production out of him by using him as a RB but that's not what I want to see from Tavon. He was drafted as a WR. I want to see a productive WR. -2 yards receiving is not good production as a WR.

I hate to put the blame on others but the plays were there and Foles didn't execute (except on the third down spot route). Austin torched Sherman deep and the ball was under-thrown.(he was also interfered with) Austin also embarrassed the CB and was wide open on a deep out but Foles didn't pull the trigger in time and the throw was too far out of bounds.

If he makes those two throws, not counting the screen, Austin would have had something like 3 catches for ~70 yards and a TD with most (or all...I'm not sure who the CB was on the deep out) coming off Richard Sherman.

I realize that's "woulda coulda shoulda" but they also weren't Austin's mistakes.(and don't take this as me saying Foles didn't have a great game...he did)

It looks like he's starting to "get it." You're starting to see the nuances in his game as a WR when you watch him.