Is Foles the main problem?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Do you think Foles will be a solid QB if the line protects him and the WRs lower their drops?

• Yes, most of the problem is not him.

Votes: 53 58.2%
  • Maybe, we won't know until he is protected and supported by the WRs.

Votes: 36 39.6%
  • No, Foles is responsible so he probably won't improve.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Other, see my comment below.

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think Foles has some things to work on, mostly decision making; don't hold the ball too long and don't force things in certain situations

That said; he's by all accounts a great leader and has the physical tools.

I think he can be a top 13 QB, maybe top 10, once he gains a little more experience.

Regardless his ranking; we can win with him.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That he was. But when he did have a clean pocket, he didn't make the plays that needed to be made.(the Bailey throw aside)

Protection is great but a top 10 QB isn't a guy who needs the circumstances around him to be awesome for him to be quality. I hope to see better from Foles. He definitely is capable of making great throws but he also makes a lot of bad decisions and loses his composure a little too often for me.

I think you are inflating what we are meaning. No one is saying perfect conditions, just not those conditions. I can't recall seeing a beat down on a QB like that.

4 INTs is DOUBLE his next highest int game. It's an outlier and, because of that, the fact that he was so pressured, the unacceptable drops, I refuse to make the assumptions that he was just bad. They aren't shopping Cook for nothing.

Like I said, and I truly believe, top 10 QBs, outside of the rare super QB, are made by circumstances and talent around them. Warner had great seasons and terrible seasons. Was he top 10? Of course. A typical good QB isn't judged by one game or even one season. You could give hem at least that.

HALF the pressure, not 2nd most, and HALF the drops, not the most, and he'll be top 10 this season going forward, IMHO.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Their pass rush really rattled him, and he made mistakes because of it. I'll give him a pass on that one game, if he plays like he did the first 4 games more often. And we don't need him to be a top 10 QB, just a middle of the road guy with our defense and now that our monster RB has emerged.

Eh, he also threw away the Pittsburgh game late with that awful INT.(although, to be fair to him, Kendricks dropped a TD that would have won it)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think you are inflating what we are meaning. No one is saying perfect conditions, just not those conditions. I can't recall seeing a beat down on a QB like that.

4 INTs is DOUBLE his next highest int game. It's an outlier and, because of that, the fact that he was so pressured, the unacceptable drops, I refuse to make the assumptions that he was just bad. They aren't shopping Cook for nothing.

Like I said, and I truly believe, top 10 QBs, outside of the rare super QB, are made by circumstances and talent around them. Warner had great seasons and terrible seasons. Was he top 10? Of course. A typical good QB isn't judged by one game or even one season. You could give hem at least that.

HALF the pressure, not 2nd most, and HALF the drops, not the most, and he'll be top 10 this season going forward, IMHO.

Warner had terrible seasons due to injuries.

Give me your list of top 10 QBs. I think you're mistaking team success for individual success. Yes, their team success is made by circumstances and overall talent. But those guys have individual success even when things aren't ideal. The only two possible exceptions are Eli and Flacco...and they're more highly thought of because of their post-season heroics.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Warner had terrible seasons due to injuries.

Give me your list of top 10 QBs. I think you're mistaking team success for individual success. Yes, their team success is made by circumstances and overall talent. But those guys have individual success even when things aren't ideal. The only two possible exceptions are Eli and Flacco...and they're more highly thought of because of their post-season heroics.

I don't mean top 10 all time. I mean this season. You can have my list midseason and Foles will be on it if the line and drops improve.

Many solid QBs have bad production in bad circumstances. That's not an assumption that he will get better, although I think he will, it's an acknowledgment that other QBs, good QBs, would perform the same in these situations.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't mean top 10 all time. I mean this season. You can have my list midseason and Foles will be on it if the line and drops improve.

Many solid QBs have bad production in bad circumstances. That's not an assumption that he will get better, although I think he will, it's an acknowledgment that other QBs, good QBs, would perform the same in these situations.

Yea, I know. Top 10 this year...give me your current top 10 QBs.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
How good is 1.1%? Well, it's as good as Stedman Bailey's entire career with three seasons of zero drops including this one so far.
Yet Bailey does not start and hardly gets any targets. Un-f'n-believable.

Of course Foles is not the main problem. He is getting beat to a pulp every game and no time. The main problem is the OL, then Wr's that can't catch, then game preparation.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Yet Bailey does not start and hardly gets any targets. Un-f'n-believable.

Of course Foles is not the main problem. He is getting beat to a pulp every game and no time. The main problem is the OL, then Wr's that can't catch, then game preparation.

I can't help but believe that even Fisher sees this now and replaces Cook's targets with TA and Bailey. They did it a couple of games lately when Cook crapped the bed.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
The o-line has been bad overall, but not every play. Foles seems to get zero credit for the many times he's avoided the pressure and made plays. Many plays he has made them look better than they are.

The part that kills me is Bailey and TA have no drops and have almost never looked clueless this season and they just won't pass to them. It blows my mind that it takes this long to see the obvious.

I will be shocked and dismayed if they come out of the bye not involving TA and Bailey a lot more.

Wait...they catch the ball AND make plays? Pass it to Cook!

This is what cracks me up - you have 2 receivers that seem to be on top of their game - TA is MAKING plays - and Bailey is CATCHING everything that's thrown towards him... ohh wait, I remember now, they're shorter than the archetypal receiver so we must keep plugging away with the guys that look the part but have buttered fingers and flailing arms...

If you're not going to go with these guys, then why draft them? My wife keeps telling me size doesn't matter ;)