Is Foles doomed to fail? Two random dudes discuss.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The metamorphosis has been amazing here in Philly. When the news of the trade broke, the fans and local talking heads assumed it was for the #10 pick, then they assumed it was for a swap of 1sts. They also assumed the Eagles would gain other picks because certainly Foles was the better player. When they discovered the Eagles gave up a 2 and swapped a 4 for a 5, they were stunned. No way was Bradford worth all that.

Then they immediately jumped to the conclusion that this was all about trading up for Marriota, because again Bradford stinks and can't stay healthy. So leading up to the draft it was all about Marriota and Bradford was an afterthought. Once Marriota went off the board on Draft Night, it began to settle in that Bradford was their guy and now the fans and radio/tv guys are convincing themselves that Bradford is so much better than Foles and Foles' past succes was all Chip Kelly.

So it has been an interesting social experiment in watching a fanbase change their view without either of these players stepping on the field. Seeing biases make that big of a difference in a view of a situation, even affecting analysts that should be more objective. Kind of funny.

Yeah, you have a front row seat for that.

If Sam gets hurt, that city is going to freak out.

FRO

Legend
Our receiving core isn't in the top 50% of the league, but they are good enough. What concerns me is the line in front of Foles. It could be a tough year up front for him.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The metamorphosis has been amazing here in Philly. When the news of the trade broke, the fans and local talking heads assumed it was for the #10 pick, then they assumed it was for a swap of 1sts. They also assumed the Eagles would gain other picks because certainly Foles was the better player. When they discovered the Eagles gave up a 2 and swapped a 4 for a 5, they were stunned. No way was Bradford worth all that.

Then they immediately jumped to the conclusion that this was all about trading up for Marriota, because again Bradford stinks and can't stay healthy. So leading up to the draft it was all about Marriota and Bradford was an afterthought. Once Marriota went off the board on Draft Night, it began to settle in that Bradford was their guy and now the fans and radio/tv guys are convincing themselves that Bradford is so much better than Foles and Foles' past succes was all Chip Kelly.

So it has been an interesting social experiment in watching a fanbase change their view without either of these players stepping on the field. Seeing biases make that big of a difference in a view of a situation, even affecting analysts that should be more objective. Kind of funny.

LOL, thanks for sharing. That's the fan mentality in a nutshell.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I think he's in a better position than Bradford was regarding his receivers. When he had Amendola, dink and dunk was the order of the day. Brandon Gibson, Austin Pettis, Mardy Gilyard and Greg Salas were not exactly household names. Britt and Quick are fully capable of making big plays. As is Cook and Austin. Throw in a couple pretty good backs in Mason and Gurley and Foles is in better shape. Plus, he won't have to do too much. Just figure out more creative ways to hand off.

I believe Quick and Britt are solid WRs. Just as I believe Cook and Austin are solid pieces too. I'll take it further and submit, Bailey and Kendricks are better than most give them credit. We'll be fine with WRs.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I sure hope, you are wright! I think you are!!(y)

Reverend Jeremiah Wright?

jeremiah-wright-trick.jpg

RamzFanz

Damnit
Our receiving core isn't in the top 50% of the league, but they are good enough. What concerns me is the line in front of Foles. It could be a tough year up front for him.

*EDIT

With a line that leaks like a siv and a third string QB, our receiving core isn't in the top 50% of the league.

Fortunately, it's all coming together at the same time. Gladiators on the line, a mature receiving corps, and a QB who stays healthy more than not and has proven he can be elite in the past under the right conditions.

giphy.gif

FRO

Legend
*EDIT

With a line that leaks like a siv and a third string QB, our receiving core isn't in the top 50% of the league.

Fortunately, it's all coming together at the same time. Gladiators on the line, a mature receiving corps, and a QB who stays healthy more than not and has proven he can be elite in the past under the right conditions.

giphy.gif
4/5ths of our line hasn't started a full 16 game season, so while the could be the best line in the league they could just as easily be the worst. With that much inexperience there is bound to be a bumpy road to start the season.

Foles didn't finish 2014 due to injury as well, so my fingers will be crossed.

I think I could find 16 teams with better receiving cores.

RamzFanz

Damnit
4/5ths of our line hasn't started a full 16 game season, so while the could be the best line in the league they could just as easily be the worst. With that much inexperience there is bound to be a bumpy road to start the season.

Foles didn't finish 2014 due to injury as well, so my fingers will be crossed.

I think I could find 16 teams with better receiving cores.

I don't think you could find 16 teams with better receiving cores (it's corps, weird, I know).

I'll take a collar bone over an ACL all day long.

Anyways, my point isn't that the line will be better, just that the receivers shouldn't be judged by past performance with so many other weaknesses. I can't count how many open receivers Hill and Davis missed or how many times they were rattled by the line failures. I feel bad for them both.