Is Foles doomed to fail? Two random dudes discuss.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
If we were depending on him to throw the ball 35 times a game, then yes, I might think so. But we will be a power running team, so I don't think he can do wrong.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

they nailed it. the rams don't need a "#1wr". they just need them to make plays when required, which they can do.

there were many tds and huge play opportunities lost last season because of poor qb play. if foles can't play better than career backups then that will be on foles, not the receivers.

Last edited:

NateTheRam

Rookie
Name
Nathan
I'm tired of people saying u need a #1 WR to be successful!! No you don't look at the Seahawks. Running the rock and playing good D wins games.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
X, you set us up to think we would witness yet another bashing of Ram receivers, then deliver us this?

Well done, my man.

Time for pudding...

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Are the St. Louis Rams setting up newly acquired quarterback Nick Foles for failure due to the wide receivers that they've surrounded him with?
The guys weigh in. From 120sports.com

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nHmaCMzb7s

Double tight end sets with Cook and Kendricks, now I love the sound of that, been wondering why we haven't been using them in a tag team like the Pats did with Gronk & Hernandez, I really think that could work for us...

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Double tight end sets with Cook and Kendricks, now I love the sound of that, been wondering why we haven't been using them in a tag team like the Pats did with Gronk & Hernandez, I really think that could work for us...

Especially since that was said to be the plan when Cook was signed. I have to think that one of the reasons they gave Kendricks so much money is that they feel he will be a big part of the offense that way, and with a new OC they are actually going to do it.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
so sick of this stupid conversation. tell me which team this past Super Bowl had a "number one" receiver. suck my dick talking heads.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We may not *need* a #1 receiver, but I'll take one over a committee of 2's and 3's every single time.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I feel really enlightened, after listening to this .. or is it I've been .. UH!
drunk-smiley-emoticon.gif

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Especially since that was said to be the plan when Cook was signed. I have to think that one of the reasons they gave Kendricks so much money is that they feel he will be a big part of the offense that way, and with a new OC they are actually going to do it.
Kendricks has been underused since Cook was signed, the more targets we get on the field for Foles the better I say :)

RamzFanz

Damnit
The Rams are deep in talented pass catchers. All they need is an O line and an accurate arm to be dangerous every down, IMHO.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
We may not *need* a #1 receiver, but I'll take one over a committee of 2's and 3's every single time.

We had one last year until he hurt his shoulder, that's why you better have more than one person capable of doing the job at every position!

I think that Fisher has learned his lesson about having to rely on just a few key people and he is now raising the level of the entire team so when injuries hit they won't be so devastating.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I think he's in a better position than Bradford was regarding his receivers. When he had Amendola, dink and dunk was the order of the day. Brandon Gibson, Austin Pettis, Mardy Gilyard and Greg Salas were not exactly household names. Britt and Quick are fully capable of making big plays. As is Cook and Austin. Throw in a couple pretty good backs in Mason and Gurley and Foles is in better shape. Plus, he won't have to do too much. Just figure out more creative ways to hand off.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Well.....Doesn't it seem that the Rams are balancing across the board. It's better to have variety instead of repetitiveness. You need a QB who can adapt to the receiving and running players equally. I'm looking forward to this season.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm betting that our group of mostly young WRs has now accumulated just enough experience to start really kicking some ass. Look at how Quick was producing prior to the injury... Austin and Bailey are going to be at that experience level now.

Most young WR take 2 - 3 years to make the transition into the NFL... and that's with their starting QBs chucking the rock.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
The metamorphosis has been amazing here in Philly. When the news of the trade broke, the fans and local talking heads assumed it was for the #10 pick, then they assumed it was for a swap of 1sts. They also assumed the Eagles would gain other picks because certainly Foles was the better player. When they discovered the Eagles gave up a 2 and swapped a 4 for a 5, they were stunned. No way was Bradford worth all that.

Then they immediately jumped to the conclusion that this was all about trading up for Marriota, because again Bradford stinks and can't stay healthy. So leading up to the draft it was all about Marriota and Bradford was an afterthought. Once Marriota went off the board on Draft Night, it began to settle in that Bradford was their guy and now the fans and radio/tv guys are convincing themselves that Bradford is so much better than Foles and Foles' past succes was all Chip Kelly.

So it has been an interesting social experiment in watching a fanbase change their view without either of these players stepping on the field. Seeing biases make that big of a difference in a view of a situation, even affecting analysts that should be more objective. Kind of funny.