Is Fisher the answer?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I fully supported the Rams hiring Fisher. Last year it looked great

This year he looks stubborn and his two coordinators he hired look like they game plan against high school teams.

I am now seriously wondering if Fisher has the ability to turn this around.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I'm not ready to throw the towel in on Fisher. One thing I do not see this year that I did last year was his enthusiasm. So far this year I have not seen any emotion one way or another, yet last year he was pumping fists, running up and down the sidelines high-fiving players, etc. This year nothing.

V3

Hall of Fame
I'm giving him one more year but next year I'm not going to hold back the punches. He's made critical choices for this franchise and right now they are looking like they were all wrong.

The coordinators? Not looking so hot.

Many of the draft picks? Really not impressed with the exception of a few.

The RG3 trade? That might be backfiring on us.

Lack of discipline/penalties? That's on him.

He needs to put his pride aside and just admit that he's making mistakes and make the necessary adjustments. Some things can be salvaged but I'm not sure they will be because of his arrogance.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I was always leery about Fisher, people seem to gloss over his part in the Titans fiasco.

People forget that he was just as stubborn, unwilling to change and convinced of his way as Bud Adams. That's why Bud hadn't given him full say at the end of the day in Tennessee.

I think we're starting to see why he didn't.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
"Because I promise you this. We will not be picking second again."
--Jeff Fisher

Want to double down on that one Jeff?

Graphicker

Starter
No.. His teams are so undisciplined and his stupid defensive corner scheme kills us..

Fisher is not the answer. Fire everyone and keep Les and Demoff..

This whole staff is Linehan and Spags all over again, Same bull crap just different bull.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He and Snead are joined at the scrotum with "the trade." If they can't turn this thing around, it'll be the thing they're most known for in their careers, and that's a really shitty thing to happen to Fisher. He's been around a long time, and he has the respect of the entire NFL community. It would be a damn shame for him to leave that as his legacy.

I still think they can turn it around, but I'm stupid like that.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
How is his caching making this team better? Do the Rams look disciplined, polished, a propper scheme instilled, beleive in him, and control character issues??? I can say yes on the last two but a resounding no on the other three. I blame... SCHOTTY!!!

iced

I've lost 90% of my faith.. I almost see a lost next week..

If we lose to Jax, I think i'm calling it a season. You can't lose 4 weeks in a row especially to what is the collectively worst team in the league.

I hope fisher gets canned if he keeps being stubborn about the offense and defense...

and Sam needs to quit playing Alex Smith, or we need a quarterback.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
X said:
He and Snead are joined at the scrotum with "the trade." If they can't turn this thing around, it'll be the thing they're most known for in their careers, and that's a really shitty thing to happen to Fisher. He's been around a long time, and he has the respect of the entire NFL community. It would be a damn shame for him to leave that as his legacy.

I still think they can turn it around, but I'm stupid like that.

I really hope so X however we never exposed a fucking thing not ONE!

Stupid is as stupid does X I'm fuckin stupid!

moklerman

Warner-phile
I keep coming back to philosophy and playing not to lose is no way to win. If you have some truly great pieces at certain positions I suppose you can overcome such a conservative approach but I've never really believed in playing scared. I don't advocated playing recklessly or foolishly but you do have to play confidently.

Which I don't think Fisher does. From all the checkdowns on offense to playing off on defense. This team is just reacting to what the opposition is doing and they're losing what little confidence they had from last year. It's like a baseball pitcher trying to aim his pitches and make them "safe". You have to get loose and let it rip. Those aimed pitches are going to just miss the zone or get jacked.

SF played about the worst game of offense I've seen in a long time and still put up 35 points. Fisher says he doesn't want the offense to go up-temp/no-huddle too early because he fears falling behind. Well, this conservative, safe crap isn't working at all.

So, long answer long, I think all Rams fans were hopeful that Fisher's resume' was the real deal but I know for a fact that we're all desperate for any port in the storm. His teams haven't had success in a long time and his 13-3 dominant teams are a very distant memory. There have been a LOT of changes in the NFL since Fisher's teams were the best in the league and IMO, the game has passed him by.

No, he isn't the answer and the Rams will have to suffer through 2013 and 2014 before a change is made.

RamEERS

Pastor
this is exactly how he fell out of tennessee... his play calling got ridiculous and i saw it tonight as well... run short twice, throw an incompletion, punt... rinse and repeat.. like stated, the game has changed.. this is not a running game anymore... and he has failed to realize that.. the players got tired of it and stopped listening to his message which eventually got him fired/quit...if we continue to play like this, history will repeat itself

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
MTRamsFan said:
I'm not ready to throw the towel in on Fisher. One thing I do not see this year that I did last year was his enthusiasm. So far this year I have not seen any emotion one way or another, yet last year he was pumping fists, running up and down the sidelines high-fiving players, etc. This year nothing.

Would you be enthusiastic after looking at this football team.....it actually IS a football team, right? I don't care if Fisher sleeps through the game as long as they win, but at this point, it's mute....just like this team. :bummed:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I've been exchanging text messages with my brother-in-law who lives in St. Louis. He says the sports talk radio is blowing up today.

He also said something that I hadn't really heard before; "Fisher's practices are short and not very physical".

I am assuming he grabbed this bit from a media person who get's access to the team practices?

TexRamFan

Rookie
CGI_Ram said:
I've been exchanging text messages with my brother-in-law who lives in St. Louis. He says the sports talk radio is blowing up today.

He also said something that I hadn't really heard before; "Fisher's practices are short and not very physical".

I am assuming he grabbed this bit from a media person who get's access to the team practices?

Although I do not live in STL I listen to 101sports.com for most of the day. To say they were blowing up is a bit of an understatement. I remember hearing them mention that Fisher's practice hardly ever full speed and physical and often times they run short.

This shocked me as well, but then I think about last year. It didn't seem to be a problem then?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Well for whatever it's worth we got beatn last night by some of the "unimaginative playa" that people carped about Spags running

I'm not ready to trow in the towel on Fisher, both starting tackles are hurt as max said last night we need guards,if he doesn't concentrate on the oline in the draft I'll be asking this question again

I'd love. It if we hired Martz as OC

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Thordaddy said:
Well for whatever it's worth we got beatn last night by some of the "unimaginative playa" that people carped about Spags running

I'm not ready to trow in the towel on Fisher, both starting tackles are hurt as max said last night we need guards,if he doesn't concentrate on the oline in the draft I'll be asking this question again

I'd love. It if we hired Martz as OC

And Lovie as the DC.