iOS7 unveiled

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
LesBaker said:
I do have a gmail account but I don't know if I have Drive....or is it automatically in your account. I'm gonna play with it tonight to see if I can get it all done. If X has to delete any of my posts in this thread you'll know I'm having trouble LOL.

Once I get the events on my phone calendar I'm good.

You should have it be default. Sign into google with ur gmail account credentials and look at the top of the page. You should see gmail, youtube, drive, etc. Pretty straight forward. There is a google app called drive that u can use on your phone. It all syncs together.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
bluecoconuts said:
I switched to Galaxy and the android system, and I enjoy it much more.. The only issue I have is that the phone doesn't autocorrect things, and I have to go back manually and change them.. It does highlight errors, but I liked the automatic fix from the iPhone.

I'm on a Note-2 with Swift Key keyboard. Pretty sure I have auto correct. Try Swift Key?

bluecoconuts

Legend
I had swiftkey, but I didn't like it, so I removed it... However I downloaded the Jelly Bean keyboard, and that seems much better... So I'm using that for now, we'll see how it goes. So far so good though.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
http://gizmodo.com/why-the-ios-7-app-icons-are-so-ugly-513004516
Why the iOS 7 App Icons Are So Ugly
iOS 7 is beautiful. It's exciting. It feels like a completely different phone—vibrant, alive and a design refresh in the truest sense of the world. But, um, what about them app icons? Some are nice but most are bizarre looking and possibly even ugly. How can something look so good inside but so weird on the face?

The Next Web reports that Jony Ive used two different teams to create the iOS 7 look. The app design team built each app while the print and web marketing design team were the ones responsible for setting "the look and color palette of the stock app icons". Even though the app design team followed the color palette as a guide, it's not a real surprise that two different teams from two different departments can create, well, two different things. In addition, there was very little communication between teams that designed different apps and app icons. That's why though all the icons share the same grid base, they can look so oddly disconnected with each other.

The good news? The Next Web reports that Jony Ive and Apple aren't married to anything we saw from iOS 7 at WWDC right now. Development is ongoing and it seems that the app icon design inconsistency could be addressed as we get closer to its official release date. Though Apple rarely ever dramatically changes what they previewed of iOS in beta, Apple has also never dramatically changed iOS like they have with iOS 7. The new app icons will be people's first encounter with the new iOS 7, Apple knows how important it is to get the first impression right.

Explains the poor design. Hopefully things are changed as the beta progresses.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I knew this was going to be an assache.....there is no option on the iPad app Drive to upload the calendar so I can bring it down to my phone.

I hate this shit.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
libertadrocks said:
http://gizmodo.com/why-the-ios-7-app-icons-are-so-ugly-513004516
Why the iOS 7 App Icons Are So Ugly
iOS 7 is beautiful. It's exciting. It feels like a completely different phone—vibrant, alive and a design refresh in the truest sense of the world. But, um, what about them app icons? Some are nice but most are bizarre looking and possibly even ugly. How can something look so good inside but so weird on the face?

The Next Web reports that Jony Ive used two different teams to create the iOS 7 look. The app design team built each app while the print and web marketing design team were the ones responsible for setting "the look and color palette of the stock app icons". Even though the app design team followed the color palette as a guide, it's not a real surprise that two different teams from two different departments can create, well, two different things. In addition, there was very little communication between teams that designed different apps and app icons. That's why though all the icons share the same grid base, they can look so oddly disconnected with each other.

The good news? The Next Web reports that Jony Ive and Apple aren't married to anything we saw from iOS 7 at WWDC right now. Development is ongoing and it seems that the app icon design inconsistency could be addressed as we get closer to its official release date. Though Apple rarely ever dramatically changes what they previewed of iOS in beta, Apple has also never dramatically changed iOS like they have with iOS 7. The new app icons will be people's first encounter with the new iOS 7, Apple knows how important it is to get the first impression right.

Explains the poor design. Hopefully things are changed as the beta progresses.

The icons aren't as nice as Androids but I like them better than the cartoonish stuff they had before. And that isn't hard for them to change I guess. The rest of the design is nice.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
LesBaker said:
I knew this was going to be an assache.....there is no option on the iPad app Drive to upload the calendar so I can bring it down to my phone.

I hate this shit.
Will this work for you?

<a class="postlink" href="http://support.google.com/a/users/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=138740" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://support.google.com/a/users/bin/a ... wer=138740</a>

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
X said:
LesBaker said:

I hate this shit.
Will this work for you?

<a class="postlink" href="http://support.google.com/a/users/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=138740" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://support.google.com/a/users/bin/a ... wer=138740</a>

As of now it isn't doing anything but in the instructions it says it can take up to 24 hours. According to the calendar on google is synced but nothing from the iPad is on my google calendar so then nothing on the phone. I'm pretty close to giving up I'm so tired of the aggravation this is bringing me.