Inside Rams’ scouting of Robert Rochell: Matching ‘eye-popping’ data with film, projections with Jalen Ramsey

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah, for sure. I'm not bothered or upset with missing on some picks. I'm just impressed by how often we dont... espescially compared to the decade before Sneads arrival.
My post wasn't intended as a complaint about Long or Hopkins or our drafting... it was just a thought about how hard it has to be. You can run every test, check everything in someone's past, talk to people in his life and do everything possible to eliminate risk of missing on a pick and at the end if the day, you still can't know exactly what a guy has in his heart or mind or whatever.
Think of how many GMs are exhausting every Avenue. I’m glad they don’t go to the length that the Rams do to evaluate players

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Think of how many GMs are exhausting every Avenue. I’m glad they don’t go to the length that the Rams do to evaluate players
Their loss is our gain.

After so much dysfunction in the front offices of the NFCW teams for so long, it's a damn shame that they all seem to mostly have their shit together the same time we finally do too...

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Huge fan of Rochell. Honestly, he doesn't give me Jalen Ramsey vibes, though, but Marcus Peters with his ballhawking, off-coverage abilities; he isn't the physical force Ramsey can be. I think he's more physical and less selfish than Peters, though.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well so far it sounds like Rochell has been roasted soundly in the secondary. And btw I don't mind that. If he's a competitor it will work in his favor down the road.

But it is kind of funny like when I was checking out the midweek practice photos and immediately encountered this... :ROFLMAO:

1623452419887.png

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Well so far it sounds like Rochell has been roasted soundly in the secondary. And btw I don't mind that. If he's a competitor it will work in his favor down the road.

But it is kind of funny like when I was checking out the midweek practice photos and immediately encountered this... :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 45910
I was rooting for Obi Melifonwu to be chosen by the Ram's. I had no idea he was on that list with Ramsey and Rochelle. I hope they didn't choose the wrong one of the two. It seems Rochelle has a long ways to go before he's ready. They may need him starting by next season.

sloramfan

Starter
great article..

these sorta things really get me psyched for the start of training camp and preseason...

go rams

slo

oldnotdead

Legend
All rookies are slow as they are mentally processing what they see and not simply reacting off of what they know. Long was the same way and now he sounds like he's putting it together. Rochell came in a lot more raw than Long as well. But these reps will serve him well going down the road. Now he has film to study and critique his own play. I don't have a problem or concerns at this stage.

CB is probably the most technique-heavy position on the field. From what can be gleaned is that he isn't lost out there just a step off in his reactions. Scott was also, raw coming in and looked slow in his reactions. But he's in his third year and his play has taken a big step up and looks to be a factor in the rotation now and not just a STs player. With most mid and late-round players it takes 2-3 years to make that step. I would expect Rochell to take those bigs steps next year and the year after.

Marcus Peters never had the kind of speed Rochell has. Peters was never disciplined in his play. He was forever glory hunting and you can't have that selfish kind of play on your team. Roby-Coleman bought into that example and it's a big reason he's not a Ram.