Inside Rams’ scouting of Jacob Harris: From ‘unicorn’ measurables to an ‘analytics pick’ — how he’ll be molded

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Loyal,
Gotta disagree with you here. That is something I never want to hear from Jalen, ever. I want our Number One shut down corner to be just that - against all comers.

~ArkyRamsFan~
Naw, I want this guy to be the best ever and if he's on the same team, there will never be a worry for Jalen...

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Cautiously optimistic over time. I remember a lot of hype over Jefferson last year. I think Jefferson will slowly progress over the course of the year but it remains to be seen.

dang said: "Cautiously optimistic over time"

We can all say that about every free agent signing and rookie draft pick failures when their expectations didn't meet up to the hype.

Is there anything else original bout this cliché?

Cautiously optimistic over time.
1*OmMJgR6DI8foqYI7R9pmGg.png

dang

Legend
dang said: "Cautiously optimistic over time"

We can all say that about every free agent signing and rookie draft pick failures when their expectations didn't meet up to the hype.

Is there anything else original bout this cliché?

Cautiously optimistic over time.
1*OmMJgR6DI8foqYI7R9pmGg.png
I’ll elaborate. We should all be pleasantly surprised with the early reports on Harris. It seems his ceiling is much higher than I would have ever expected. On the other hand I see his floor as a ST and spot player only. Let’s hope his floor elevates quickly in preseason and he contributes this year.

Psycho_X

Legend
Harris is one of those rare guys that makes you say "wow" just watching his combine highlights.

Below, a vid of his vertical jump, broad jump, and 40 time. A guy his size shouldn't be capable of moving like that. Dude's a freak.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TjsSBZRMYQ4

Freak is an understatement. Hadn't watched these before and just realized how quick he is off release. Have watched his 40 time a dozen times now and am not any less amazed how fast he hits top speed. It's basically by his third step he is flying. Of course the old saying "lets see how he does with pads" always holds true so cautiously optimistic. But the ability to get going that quickly is more impressive to me than his actual top end speed. McVay will scheme ways to get him off the line of scrimmage with one break routes and he will leave people in the fucking dust. He'll burn all linebackers and CBs will have to compete with his height and a QB that knows how to exploit that.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think we need to be careful with paywall stuff. Just my 2 cents. The Athletic is a great rag so I pay for it but it doesn't feel right to me to link the stories here because they're trying to get paid and have mouths to feed too.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I think we need to be careful with paywall stuff. Just my 2 cents. The Athletic is a great rag so I pay for it but it doesn't feel right to me to link the stories here because they're trying to get paid and have mouths to feed too.
Completely agree, Merlin. Just doesn’t feel ’right’, does it?

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I guess the guy we should hope Harris emulates is Jimmy Graham. Graham was a converted basketball player who had 17 receptions in college, but was drafted in the 3rd round based on his off the chart measurables. That worked out pretty well for the Saints, who drafted him.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Exactly. You pay for the excellent content, and it apparently isn't too expensive. And these writers are on the Athletic to get paid. It isn't right for us to take content for free.

This coming from a fellow writer.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"From each according to his ability, to each according to his need" ~ Freddy the freeloader

Last edited: