Inside Linebacker....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I disagree Reeder was better. He had more flash plays around the los but I also saw him fill the wrong gaps more then Kiser. Reeder was awful in the playoff game in GB as well. I just don't see the Reeder hype at all. I think you get more consistent play with Kiser.

As for the safeties I agree. I'd like to see...

Fuller FS
Burgess SS
Rapp box safety
I'll just point out here that there is no Reeder hype. Well outside of Oldnotdead maybe. The guy's limited he's just a better option than Kiser. Which is why Kiser stayed on the bench when he came back from injury.

But if you think he's better that's fine by me, you're just in a small group with Kiser and some close family members lol.

Re: those safeties if we continue the high amount of quarters we had last season we are best served with two guys who have FS skills. This is part of the reason we had the #1 defense over the course of the season. They were very stingy vs the pass because both safeties would be quality FS in a standard defense. So there were very few mistakes.

This year there's gonna be mistakes I think. We'll feel Johnson's absence in that way. And like I've mentioned elsewhere I don't have a great feel for the safety roster, there's a lot of options and I'm not sure who's next to Fuller as a starter. Funny thing is that I'm starting to feel like Juju would look really good next to Fuller. So at least we have great depth which I'm really happy about. :thumbsup1:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I'll just point out here that there is no Reeder hype. Well outside of Oldnotdead maybe. The guy's limited he's just a better option than Kiser. Which is why Kiser stayed on the bench when he came back from injury.

But if you think he's better that's fine by me, you're just in a small group with Kiser and some close family members lol.
On the Kiser / Reeder point, I agree with HellRam ... my second-cousin (twice-removed) on my father's side.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
On the Kiser / Reeder point, I agree with HellRam ... my second-cousin (twice-removed) on my father's side.
Holy Jesus. Kiser got a lot of family. :laugh4:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I disagree Reeder was better. He had more flash plays around the los but I also saw him fill the wrong gaps more then Kiser. Reeder was awful in the playoff game in GB as well. I just don't see the Reeder hype at all. I think you get more consistent play with Kiser.

As for the safeties I agree. I'd like to see...

Fuller FS
Burgess SS
Rapp box safety
"Reeder Hype" I must have missed much of that.......I have seen much where we are pleased with the probable makings with the trio of Jones/ Reeder/ Young & another yet unknown but I have seen no Hype.

Would you not think that Kiser is truly an "Elevated Injury Risk" Missing all of 2020 on the IR then Kiser missed Week 5, then went on IR in Week 12, missing another six games. When he returned for the postseason, it was only on special teams.

In 3 seasons Kiser has started only 9 gms. True enough when healthy he is a good MLB'er........once again when not injured. I would not want to depend on Kiser as my starter.

Now if he was able to play both the MO ILB'er post & the MLB'er post, then Kiser's value dramatically rises but that has never been seen. I see no need to waste a MR53 on Kiser when you have a trio of healthy ILB'er of Jones/ Young/ Reeder ready to play & into the future with Reeder & Jones. Kiser does not fit that.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Have we seen anything about Rapp in that position? Most of the things I have read state he's the other safety opposite Fuller. I could have missed something though. It was reported before OTAs that Gervase had bulked up and officially moved to ILB, he's not apart of the S group. He's not going to make the final roster, again.
Ref. Rapp has played the MO -ILB'er post in 2019 & 2020. I have no idea what Morris will do with him in 2021. Rapp IMO has more than demonstrated the ability to play that position & play it well. DC Morris has some good safeties to play next to Fuller if he desires not utilizing Rapp there.

I fully agree with your opinion on Defender & Special teams ace Jake Gervase NOT missing the final cuts. He will be cut!

However, I do see him returning very soon after the cuts under a PS contract with the Rams.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Truth is, Rams don't have one ILB I can be really happy about. Reeder is slow, Kiser and Howard are injury prone, Young gets caught out of position. Jones unproven rookie.

Rams haven't had a pro bowl calibur ILB since Fletcher, Witherspoon.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I didn't know that the Taliban are Rams fans. Can't blame them. We are pretty great. ;)

If the Taliban are really Rams fans, I'm almost ashamed of my fandom. Almost. :p

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Ref. Rapp has played the MO -ILB'er post in 2019 & 2020. I have no idea what Morris will do with him in 2021. Rapp IMO has more than demonstrated the ability to play that position & play it well. DC Morris has some good safeties to play next to Fuller if he desires not utilizing Rapp there.

I fully agree with your opinion on Defender & Special teams ace Jake Gervase NOT missing the final cuts. He will be cut!

However, I do see him returning very soon after the cuts under a PS contract with the Rams.
I absolutely agree on Rapp playing at that position, I think a lot of us agree it suits his playstyle. I just haven't seen anything reported on him playing there. I've been hoping Burgess gets the nod across from Fuller. Maybe things will shake up during the regular season

dang

Legend
Truth is, Rams don't have one ILB I can be really happy about. Reeder is slow, Kiser and Howard are injury prone, Young gets caught out of position. Jones unproven rookie.

Rams haven't had a pro bowl calibur ILB since Fletcher, Witherspoon.
KJWright says WTF am I chopped liver????

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sounds like Kenny Young has a firm hold on the top linebacker spot right now

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would that be the MO-ILB'er position?

Or has he been getting snaps in preseason @ the MLB'er position too?
Not sure but rodrigue tweeted recently that Kenny is almost always in when there's two linebackers and on the one linebacker sets it's usually him

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Not sure but rodrigue tweeted recently that Kenny is almost always in when there's two linebackers and on the one linebacker sets it's usually him
Thanks for that info, it tellss me Young got serious finally this off-season. Wants to be part of something really big!