Insanity

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I once read that McVay had hid eye on Cooks since New Orleans. He may have had more input in getting Cooks than anyone realizes.
IIRC they tried to trade for him and when that didn't work out they went after Watkins

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Yeah, my cousin asked me, what's the deal with Cooks??? I replied, that I haven't heard anything but positive about him, from work ethic, to character. The only thing I can come up with, is that nobody wanted to pay him.

His problem is that his production dictated a huge deal, but he is not a physical freak like Julio or even AJ Green. And I think teams would rather pay a guy that has that extra physical dimension to his game.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Since you quote I must have mistakenly given the impression that McVay tells Snead what to do.

I am saying they work together.

But will 100% disagree with you that this is 100% Sneads show.

This^^^^^^

You CAN fly your avatar with one engine, but you don't.

Ram65

Legend
I think Snead and McVay make a good team. Snead already stated that he asked Wade about Suh. Wade looked at tape and said go for him, more or less. So it a collaborative effort just like the draft. Snead has to keep his ear to the ground and know what other teams are thinking about moving players. It worked out well for the Rams and Cooks. Good thing as Cooks is being used all over the field. I like those quick hitters where he just explodes getting 10-15+ yards a pop along with the intermediate and deep routes. Looks like the reasons the Saints and Patsies let him go have been covered. I bet a lot of teams wished they had gotten him.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Another thing that keeps getting overlooked is that good coaches spend a great deal of time in the off season looking at players and tape. It’s just what they do as part of their job. Coaches spend countless hours in the off season doing far more than play design and looking at last year’s tape on their own players. The notion that they are simply saying to their GMs that they want a guy who runs a 4.3 40 and can get open is just belittling the amount of work a coach puts in during the off season.

Most of this information comes from reading interviews and talking to a former NFL coach who knows a great number of current nfl coaches, GMs, and scouts. I doubt he’s just saying this. He’s friends with Elway, Dick Vermeil, Wade, and several others. I tend to trust what he says on stuff like this because he’s been there.