Insanity

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Does anyone besides me think New Orleans and New England were freaking insane to trade Brandin Cooks? This guy is a game changer and a stud wide receiver. Mc Vay knew exactly what he was doing when he traded a #1 pick for Cooks. It seems like McVay has only made good moves since he got here.

The draft capital spent on Goff is paying off and I bet Cooks is glad to be in LA.

The Rams are going to be serious SB contenders. I was cautiously optimistic but I drank the kool aid after tonight's game.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i drank the kool aid after free angency was finished.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Bought a Cooks jersey before the game tonight. I cannot believe any team would trade him for 1 draft pick, regardless of rd. He Is a sure thing and we know how many 1st rounders are busts. Love that Goff will have Cooks as a target for another 5 seasons or is it 6. Anyways it's long enough to win multiple super bowls

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Yeah, my cousin asked me, what's the deal with Cooks??? I replied, that I haven't heard anything but positive about him, from work ethic, to character. The only thing I can come up with, is that nobody wanted to pay him.

Rainram

Starter
Yea...thanks Saints and Pats.

Might as well throw at HUGE thank you to the Bengals too for letting Whitworth walk away (y)

And we got big ol’ Whit without having to give a draft pick.

JackStraw

Rookie
Cooks and Woods both played in Pac 12 during 2011 and 2012 season

They never played versus each other but Cooks was a Belitnikoff winner in 2013. In 2011 Woods was 1\3 Belitnikoff finalists. It's a connection.. Mutual respect/shared experiences(Pac 12) creates an immediate connection. In football, likely more than any team sport, chemistry carries a ton of weight and influence. It isn't always a deal breaker but when ya got 'it' + talent it generates genuine cohesion. That cohesion may have zero effect on performance. But incoherence mixed with a little conflict and whole team WILL be affected negatively.

It's little things like simply being good team mates, specifically with the guys you share position with. Intangibles I believe to be powerful enough to be the key that opens gates of a few extra victories. Teams can get by busting the lock, temporarily, but that gate stays unlocked all off season.It will attract parasites and the uninspired/selfish.

It wasn't a fluke that once Bruce fully inherited leadership role mixed with talent that things turned around quickly. Bruce doesn't praise Henry Ellard just to be a nice guy. Bruce(or any lifelong leader), understands next level leadership isn't obtained without studying/being beaten down by proven leaders. Great leaders know when to shut up, recognize who's making sense, listen and gradually wait until their instincts take over.

No doubt in my mind quality players are asked to move along after contract is up due to inability to connect with leaders of team.

Isn't a coincidence once leaders were put into place this team immediately surged out of obscurity. Chris Long was no leader. Quinn was not a leader. Last leader this team had before McVay/Whit/Gurley/Goff was Aeneas Williams. Chris Long was a joke. Good dude, not a leader.

Not sure who current on field leaders are(Whit?) but this team gets along. They wouldn't be 4-0, convincingly, if they didn't.

I know Goff and Kupp have been long time friends. NOT a coincidence they've shared something special since day one that continues to grow. Watkins wasn't a good mix with Woods. Cooks appears to be. Cooks also doesn't appear to have desire to have special treatment despite his top 10 WE salary.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Does anyone besides me think New Orleans and New England were freaking insane to trade Brandin Cooks? This guy is a game changer and a stud wide receiver. Mc Vay knew exactly what he was doing when he traded a #1 pick for Cooks. It seems like McVay has only made good moves since he got here.

The draft capital spent on Goff is paying off and I bet Cooks is glad to be in LA.

The Rams are going to be serious SB contenders. I was cautiously optimistic but I drank the kool aid after tonight's game.
And for many years to come! Pretty crazy to trade Marcus Peters also. I get it, he was a loose cannon in KC but the kid has impressed me. No trouble whatsoever yet and he must be tough too to play last night. I know he wasn't at his best but he answered the bell.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cooks and Woods both played in Pac 12 during 2011 and 2012 season

They never played versus each other but Cooks was a Belitnikoff winner in 2013. In 2011 Woods was 1\3 Belitnikoff finalists. It's a connection.. Mutual respect/shared experiences(Pac 12) creates an immediate connection. In football, likely more than any team sport, chemistry carries a ton of weight and influence. It isn't always a deal breaker but when ya got 'it' + talent it generates genuine cohesion. That cohesion may have zero effect on performance. But incoherence mixed with a little conflict and whole team WILL be affected negatively.

It's little things like simply being good team mates, specifically with the guys you share position with. Intangibles I believe to be powerful enough to be the key that opens gates of a few extra victories. Teams can get by busting the lock, temporarily, but that gate stays unlocked all off season.It will attract parasites and the uninspired/selfish.

It wasn't a fluke that once Bruce fully inherited leadership role mixed with talent that things turned around quickly. Bruce doesn't praise Henry Ellard just to be a nice guy. Bruce(or any lifelong leader), understands next level leadership isn't obtained without studying/being beaten down by proven leaders. Great leaders know when to shut up, recognize who's making sense, listen and gradually wait until their instincts take over.

No doubt in my mind quality players are asked to move along after contract is up due to inability to connect with leaders of team.

Isn't a coincidence once leaders were put into place this team immediately surged out of obscurity. Chris Long was no leader. Quinn was not a leader. Last leader this team had before McVay/Whit/Gurley/Goff was Aeneas Williams. Chris Long was a joke. Good dude, not a leader.

Not sure who current on field leaders are(Whit?) but this team gets along. They wouldn't be 4-0, convincingly, if they didn't.

I know Goff and Kupp have been long time friends. NOT a coincidence they've shared something special since day one that continues to grow. Watkins wasn't a good mix with Woods. Cooks appears to be. Cooks also doesn't appear to have desire to have special treatment despite his top 10 WE salary.

I Think its part of the way Mcvay runs his offense to attack the D of the week we are facing

one week Woods will the be man next week Gurley then Cookie them kupp or like last night they all get touches and thier yard when theres no true #1 WR (god how long were we screaming for one of those ) eveyrone is in play and away we go

plus they have bought into Mcvay ... they are all willing to block and do the dirty work ...this is truly a team in the ultimate team sport. there inst any loafing (apart from a few incidents here and there GE last week ..Reynolds on the fake punt (why didn't he turn to the right )... they are all in this together

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
The Rams are making both of those teams look pretty stupid for letting Cooks go.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Saints moved Cooks because Brees didn't have the arm to utilize his field-stretching ability and were irritated with him calling it what it was. Patriots moved him because they felt they didn't feel he was worth elite money. Which in their offense he probably isn't going to give them that return so whatevs.

But in THIS offense? Just damn. (y)

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Cooks was too fast for Brees. The couldn’t establish the timing which is why he’s favoring bigger sure-handed receivers.

He gets sent to NE and is approaching his last year on his rookie contract. They know the aren’t going to pay him so they trade him.

Cooks career may have bounced him around a bit, but he’s got to be thrilled to have a long contract with a young QB who looks to be just as if not more accurate than two first ballot HoF QBs with a better arm than both.

It’s was more about fit and cap that had him being traded and we won the lottery as a result.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Mc Vay knew exactly what he was doing when he traded a #1 pick for Cooks. It seems like McVay has only made good moves since he got here.

McVay doesn't make trades, doesn't do contracts, and isn't "making the moves".

Snead does that other than the contracts which is Demoff.

McVay may have input of course, but he isn't doing anything other than commenting.

I will give McVay all the credit he deserves, but this is like giving credit to the person standing next to the person who does the work.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Regarding Cooks.........

I'm sure Brady wouldn't care about having that kind of production from a WR right now.

Hahahahahahahaha

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
McVay doesn't make trades, doesn't do contracts, and isn't "making the moves".

Snead does that other than the contracts which is Demoff.

McVay may have input of course, but he isn't doing anything other than commenting.

I will give McVay all the credit he deserves, but this is like giving credit to the person standing next to the person who does the work.

I am rather certain that Snead makes moves on what McVay sees as needs. And the type of needs he can use best.

Snead doesn't make any moves like a Cook's trade without McVay's equal input.

Thats why they are a team also.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I am rather certain that Snead makes moves on what McVay sees as needs. And the type of needs he can use best.

Snead doesn't make any moves like a Cook's trade without McVay's equal input.

Thats why they are a team also.

I doubt if McVay is directing Snead. They may collaborate on roster needs but this is Sneads show so to speak.

Bayrams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bayrams
I once read that McVay had hid eye on Cooks since New Orleans. He may have had more input in getting Cooks than anyone realizes.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think they only tried to resign Sammy Watkins because they didn't think Cooks would be available.

I dunno if we win that game last night with Watkins instead of Cooks.

Cooks is our #1 and Watkins was barely our #3 and that continues in KC.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Brady said that Cooks never really fit in.

NE doesn’t like paying receivers. They think they can find Welles types whenever they want.