Insane Gurley Stat

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
I bet he's a leader in tackled for loss plays too.
Some of these delay/trap plays that fail miserably put him in a really bad spot.
Exactly its so frustrating watching that way to often.Hope that gets fixed before something bad happens because sometimes he just gets buried.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Why we don't pass to him more often, I'll never know. The one we attempted where the lineman stopped him from making the catch this week, that coulda been taken to the house. We need to get him more involved in the pass game.
I think confidence in the Passing game may have something to do with it!
I'd love to see him used like the GSOT used Marshall Faulk!!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I saw Fisher stop him and get him on the sideline, hopefully just a normal bruise for a hard running back and not really an injury. Sometimes I think people in general and especially the media do not understand the difference.
Yep I watched that too. When I saw all the reports this morning on Gurley I went & watched the last series that he was in. My main concern was finding out what leg was banged up. The reports as usual are not in detail. I watched all the his last runs and saw no real big hits or twists or unusual foot placements. What i saw was on the last cut back left side run when Reynolds & Robinson moved the Lions defensive line some 10 yds When Gurley went down his right knee hit hard on the turf. Gurley used his left leg to get in the stand up position waited and then move to stand & then kept his right knee bent & did not place much of his weight on it even when standing on the sideline after Fisher had his conversation with him telling him he day was done.

One good thing if there is any Gurley will get a chance to play on Raymond James Stadium a natural grass field that is envied by every NFL RB with knee pain. I want to see a RB contest between Doug Martin & Todd Gurley!

Last edited:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Yep I watched that too. When I saw all the reports this morning on Gurley I went & watched the last series that he was in. My main concern was finding out what leg was banged up. The reports as usual are not in detail. I watched all the his last runs and saw no real big hits or twists or unusual foot placements. What i saw was on the last cut back left side run when Reynolds & Robinson moved the Lions defensive line some 10 yds When Gurley went down his right knee hit hard on the turf. Gurley used his left leg to get in the stand up position waited and then move to stand & then kept his right knee bent & did not place much of his weight on it even when standing on the sideline after Fisher had his conversation with him telling him he day was done.

One good thing if there is any Gurley will get a chance to play on Raymond James Stadium a natural grass field that is envied by every NFL RB with knee pain. I want to see a RB contest between Doug Martin & Todd Gurley!
The game is in StL

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why we don't pass to him more often, I'll never know. The one we attempted where the lineman stopped him from making the catch this week, that coulda been taken to the house. We need to get him more involved in the pass game.
it made me laugh to watch how teams completely ignored eric dickerson as a safety valve receiver, especially if the QB can lead gurley with the pass .

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I'm thinking Gurley gets his first NFL pass completion Thursday out of the wildcat formation :D Tampa has a lousy secondary, Thursday would be a great opportunity for him to throw to Harkey leaking out into the flat ahead of him :D

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
That vision...he sees everything in front and around him.

FRO

Legend
Use Gurley in the screen game. For the life of me I do not understand why he isn't utilized in the pass game.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I was watching his highlights yesterday (missed the game). Dude looks so much more explosive than he did the last few weeks and even at the start of the season. Like he shook off the rust, then got fatigued due to his knee, and then his knee/conditioning got stronger all within the season.

I thought the same thing watching the game yesterday. There was a fraction more burst and quickness.

(Makes me really think how much BETTER he'll be next season... Wow)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Use Gurley in the screen game. For the life of me I do not understand why he isn't utilized in the pass game.
Honestly, I just don't think we're very good at setting up a screen. We need better blocking on the perimeters, IMO.

FRO

Legend
Honestly, I just don't think we're very good at setting up a screen. We need better blocking on the perimeters, IMO.
Maybe, but I still want to see us throw him the ball more. If he can get into space he is hard to tackle and catch. He is unreal.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe, but I still want to see us throw him the ball more. If he can get into space he is hard to tackle and catch. He is unreal.

Well, remember that he had zero action in the preseason. So he needs to still pick up parts of the offense. And since Fisher is trying to not overuse him, I can understand focusing his action on run plays for now. While his knee is in theory healed - the Rams don't want to use him so much that the supporting muscles are tired.

I'd suspect next season, after he's had time to learn whatever the offense will be, and his supporting muscles are at his full amazing strength, he will be targeted more in the passing game.

Athos

Legend
They could prolly like Todd up like a WR like the Steeles do Bell.

But then... QBs still has to get it to him.