Insane Gurley Stat

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Schmitzer

UDFA
After this week, leaders in 40+ yard rushes in 2015

1 Todd Gurley STL 5
2 Doug Martin TB 4
2 Adrian Peterson MIN 4
4 7 others tied 2

A few questions:
  • Didn't he NOT start the first few games?
  • Isn't he coming off an ACL?
  • Wasn't the offensive line decimated? That was THIS season, right?
  • Aren't we giving him too few touches?
This man is the real deal.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
It's gonna be scary seeing him next year, with this OL healthier and more experienced, and (hopefully) a reliable passing threat to keep defenses from keying on him constantly. When the D gets tired and he starts running through people, you can see just how freakishly strong and balanced he is to go with his change-of-direction and speed.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was watching his highlights yesterday (missed the game). Dude looks so much more explosive than he did the last few weeks and even at the start of the season. Like he shook off the rust, then got fatigued due to his knee, and then his knee/conditioning got stronger all within the season.

Schmitzer

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
When the D gets tired and he starts running through people

Agreed - the sign of a great back and why you can't abandon the running game when behind or when its not "working".

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I bet he's a leader in tackled for loss plays too.
Some of these delay/trap plays that fail miserably put him in a really bad spot.

Big Willie

Starter
Imagine how good he would be if:
  • The offensive line was just average and not below average
  • The Rams had WRs and a passing game to reduce the numbers "in the box"
  • The Rams could actually make 3rd down a and keep drives extended
  • He were 100% healthy
  • There was more creativity in the offensive scheme
  • The Rams didn't commit an exorbitant amount of penalties (holding, illegal formation, procedure)

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I just thought of a magical scenario... if the O-line gelled and played up to its run-blocking potential, and Gurley wasn't met by unblocked rushers in the backfield so often, and he still got the carries to wear down a D and just crush 'em in the 2nd half... damn.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
I said it earlier in the season and I'll say it again, Gurley is the best back in the NFL. The only other guy in the conversation is Peterson, who has a much better line. AP is averaging 4.7 YPC, Gurley is at 5.2. AP has also fumbled the ball 6 times, Gurley has 2 on the year.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Gurley is pretty much the best running back in the league as of right now. It was AP, but Gurley is the man from here going forward.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
After this week, leaders in 40+ yard rushes in 2015

1 Todd Gurley STL 5
2 Doug Martin TB 4
2 Adrian Peterson MIN 4
4 7 others tied 2

A few questions:
  • Didn't he NOT start the first few games?
  • Isn't he coming off an ACL?
  • Wasn't the offensive line decimated? That was THIS season, right?
  • Aren't we giving him too few touches?
This man is the real deal.

I know. Gurley is crazy insane amazing. Like some had said about him. Once in a decade, maybe longer.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
When Gurley talked about it he didn't seem too concerned. We'll see what they say during the week but I'm sure he'll play. He ran on a sprained ankle for most of 2013 in college, he's a tough SOB.

Another good thing is the injury is to his right knee area not the reconstructed left knee.

DVontel

Rookie
I said it earlier in the season and I'll say it again, Gurley is the best back in the NFL. The only other guy in the conversation is Peterson, who has a much better line. AP is averaging 4.7 YPC, Gurley is at 5.2. AP has also fumbled the ball 6 times, Gurley has 2 on the year.
What about Le'Veon Bell?

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
What about Le'Veon Bell?

I was talking about healthy RBs but I really like Bell. I would still take Gurley though. Gurley is a good bit younger than Bell and has had a great season right after his ACL tear. Bell also benefits tremendously from defenses focusing on Big Ben, Antonio Brown, Bryant, Miller, the passing game in general. I think you are seeing that with how good DeAngelo Williams has done in his place. I don't think Bell would be nearly as productive if he was on the Rams.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
This is the first I've heard of this! I'm sure he'll be fine!!
He only needs 25 more yards to break 1000 yards rushing this year! W/ his receiving yards he's already well past that mark!(y)(y)
( 975 rushing-150 receiving):D

Why we don't pass to him more often, I'll never know. The one we attempted where the lineman stopped him from making the catch this week, that coulda been taken to the house. We need to get him more involved in the pass game.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim