Injury Update: Ramsey being evaluated on knee, Henderson Jr. likely to be placed on injured reserve

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Saw nothing from this rookie Henderson to give me any hope there is something there.

I have grown very weary of where a player has to have a fully functional OL working in a high capacity for the player to make consistent positive plays. Goff has always been top on my list but I have added Henderson with him and others.

Expecting the Rams to field the needed high grade OL needed by these type players will not happen often.

So... Are you expecting the Rams to pick up Barry Sanders clones? How many players are truly effective with a bad offensive line?

I'm with you that we need a big ass RB that can plow his own damn holes (which I know you never said, but is on that vein of not needing a great OL), but I just don't know that "effective with a bad OL" is reasonable without A+ scheming.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Seen and done.

Right on River !! Will be a fun little wager !!
I just hate to think Allen was a wasted pick. I also really think LT (Whitworth) is key. If Big Rob is traded, I’d say all bets are off. I still think even then The Rams don’t draft an offensive lineman.
Then again what happens to Kromer ?? He does like to build through within, until he can’t. He takes pride in that . I say that because of his first season The Rams last on quality Lineman because Kromer said we had a better group already on the roster. Which is less than the quality O”Lineman, & Corbett already cost a pick.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Right on River !! Will be a fun little wager !!
I just hate to think Allen was a wasted pick. I also really think LT (Whitworth) is key. If Big Rob is traded, I’d say all bets are off. I still think even then The Rams don’t draft an offensive lineman.
Then again what happens to Kromer ?? He does like to build through within, until he can’t. He takes pride in that . I say that because of his first season The Rams last on quality Lineman because Kromer said we had a better group already on the roster. Which is less than the quality O”Lineman, & Corbett already cost a pick.

Even if Whitworth returns for one more year, I see it as a wise move to draft another OT to compete with both Noteboom & Havenstein. Evans may one day start at RT, maybe not, but we need more depth, whether to start or as a quality swing Tackle.
I don't necessarily see Allen as a wasted pick, but 4'th rounders are rarely seen as a sure thing, and even if he pans out as a first reserve it's a successful draft pick. The Rams have a lot of competition at the position, so we'll have to see how it all works out in camp, although presently I like Corbett & Trewyn on the 2020 Center depth chart with Allen on the practice squad. jmo.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Henderson will be fine. He had some hiccups this year. Not all rookies are ready. But the kid has a skill-set to be very effective in our scheme. I think I'd let Ramsey sit (unless he is insistent about playing). It would give David Long a chance to get some snaps.
As long as Long plays as good as Ramsey. I want a winning record and there is the whole off season to test shyte and get healthy. Sweep these red bird sonofabitches!
jlO15Kb.png

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Even if Whitworth returns for one more year, I see it as a wise move to draft another OT to compete with both Noteboom & Havenstein. Evans may one day start at RT, maybe not, but we need more depth, whether to start or as a quality swing Tackle.
I don't necessarily see Allen as a wasted pick, but 4'th rounders are rarely seen as a sure thing, and even if he pans out as a first reserve it's a successful draft pick. The Rams have a lot of competition at the position, so we'll have to see how it all works out in camp, although presently I like Corbett & Trewyn on the 2020 Center depth chart with Allen on the practice squad. jmo.

we are all welcome with out opinion. Mine is totally different than everyone else on the board !! I think the depth is there. The Rams have drafted, signed, & traded for there Offensive Lineman. The biggest thing this season was the youth !!! Which seems crazy now is Corbett,Edwards,& Evans are more experienced not than Allen & Noteboom !!!

Blythe like I said & posted is the weak link !! I actually like him as a swing guy, but Allen & maybe the 2 lineman your talking about at center are better options !!! They are also under contract which is freaking cool.
This is exactly how The Rams have built this team !!! I don’t know why everyone does not see it this way at all !!
I really enjoyed this little run down the stretch. I McVays play calling against Dallas was horrible !! Went away from everything. The game to me was not as bad as the score indicated !!! On that front I can get blasted, but I’ve enjoyed this season..

—How sweet would it have been to have heated the 9ers ?? Greg the leg also lost the Seahags game with a game winner !!

I think a new Ling Snapper & Kicker are due. Great Rams over the years, but that is
Snead first season with those 3 .. Expensive group !! Will help with salary cap ??? Not sure but dont see to many folks talking about that ??

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.
Sorry guys & gals I can not join you all here ....I am not with you on this. I fully know the OL was inadequate for the many needs that Goff requires winning games in the NFL.

I am also not going to place most of all the excuses or reasoning on the OL as being responsible for most all negative non-functioning parts on this 2019 offense. I will just have to sit on the vacant discarded corner of the ROD room all by myself on this subject for the next few months.

Way too much highly NFL skilled natural ability & ultra-high $$$ talent that has been acquired on this 2019 team for this Ram team to not at least returned to the playoffs. I do not like what I have seen & I know that this team is not trending in the right trajectory to being a winning team in 2020 either. Like I said months ago this team reminds be of the Atlanta Falcons after their SB lost.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I don’t agree with yours. But you’re entitled to it.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

it has been an underwhelming year for henderson. sometimes he looked explosive and other times he looked like he was running in quicksand. i hope he gets his shit together next season.

Meanwhile his college backup looked very good in Dallas

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
So... Are you expecting the Rams to pick up Barry Sanders clones? How many players are truly effective with a bad offensive line?

I'm with you that we need a big ass RB that can plow his own damn holes (which I know you never said, but is on that vein of not needing a great OL), but I just don't know that "effective with a bad OL" is reasonable without A+ scheming.
Somewhere in the world is another Mike Alstot or Christian Okoye, come on Sneed go find him.