Injury Update: Ramsey being evaluated on knee, Henderson Jr. likely to be placed on injured reserve

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Injury Update: Ramsey being evaluated on knee, Henderson Jr. likely to be placed on injured reserve

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – Running back Darrell Henderson Jr. will likely be placed on injured reserve after sustaining a high ankle sprain against the 49ers that will require surgery, Rams head coach Sean McVay said Sunday. That procedure will take place after Christmas.

Cornerback Jalen Ramsey's knee injury, meanwhile, is still being evaluated. McVay said it was an LCL and that more information would be available later in the week.

Additionally, right tackle Bobby Evans (hip) should be ok, but the team will take things day to day with him over the next week, according to McVay.

McVay also said right tackle Rob Havenstein being inactive was a result of the Rams being smart and not wanting to push him.

"He's been practicing, he hasn't really been in a position where he feels like he can do the things to play at a high level," McVay said of Havenstein.

When it comes to how these injuries will impact Los Angeles' approach heading into Week 17, the Rams will use their best judgement balancing getting the win with keeping players healthy heading into the offseason.

"You want to be smart about it," McVay said. "You don't want to force guys to play that aren't in a position to be able to do that. But I think we do have a lot of good competitors. You're always pushing through some bumps and bruises at this point, but if it is something where they're going to have to have it fixed, or you're putting them at further risk for injury, we would definitely take that into consideration and we wouldn't want to expose guys for that."

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Great, so John Kelly gets activated to the roster once again...There is no joy in Mudville.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

it has been an underwhelming year for henderson. sometimes he looked explosive and other times he looked like he was running in quicksand. i hope he gets his shit together next season.

fearsomefour

Legend
Henderson keeps getting nicked up.
A nice run or two and a devastating fumble against SF.
A disappointment so far....but, that applies to most of the O this year.
Don’t really want to draft another RB that will likely mostly sit.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Henderson will be fine. Get the line fixed and he will break off some explosive runs.
Might as well sit Ramsey with so much invested in him already and nothing to gain from him playing against AZ. Gives the Rams a good chance to look at more CB depth and get a little film on them. They can suit up Donte Deayon and see how he looks.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Henderson will be fine. Get the line fixed and he will break off some explosive runs.
Might as well sit Ramsey with so much invested in him already and nothing to gain from him playing against AZ. Gives the Rams a good chance to look at more CB depth and get a little film on them. They can suit up Donte Deayon and see how he looks.
Saw nothing from this rookie Henderson to give me any hope there is something there.

I have grown very weary of where a player has to have a fully functional OL working in a high capacity for the player to make consistent positive plays. Goff has always been top on my list but I have added Henderson with him and others.

Expecting the Rams to field the needed high grade OL needed by these type players will not happen often.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Saw nothing from this rookie Henderson to give me any hope there is something there.

I have grown very weary of where a player has to have a fully functional OL working in a high capacity for the player to make consistent positive plays. Goff has always been top on my list but I have added Henderson with him and others.

Expecting the Rams to field the needed high grade OL needed by these type players will not happen often.

He barely touched the ball. Wouldn't be very good coaching to give up on him already. The speed is obvious with a couple of steps. Gurley looked awful in 2016 behind a bad line. Then he magically looked like the best back in football until his knee injury. Some players take more time to develop than others. Look at Higbee for example. Just now starting to find his groove at the end of year 4. Henderson might not be that good, but he deserves more chances to prove it.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Thing is the Rams had nowhere near a fully functional OL this season. The interior was a joke, yet we had so many RB plays continually attacking the interior and getting bounced back for losses, it was hard to believe that we were defining insanity. Blythe, Allen and Noteboom were an immediate disaster, makes me wonder if the coaching staff new this in advance and kept them out of the pre-season games just to keep from being embarrassed sooner. Henderson was basically sat down once McVay remembered he still had Gurley on the roster, and he is the only guy who can consistantly get outside. I can't imagine what our won/loss record would look like had Noteboom, Allen and Blythe remained at their original starting positions all season. If nothing else, at least Evans & Edwards received some valuable rookie playing time so off-season evaluations and development can be coached up, ... and while far from perfect, they performed pretty admirably most of the time after being thrown into the fire. jmo.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Henderson will be fine. He had some hiccups this year. Not all rookies are ready. But the kid has a skill-set to be very effective in our scheme. I think I'd let Ramsey sit (unless he is insistent about playing). It would give David Long a chance to get some snaps.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Thing is the Rams had nowhere near a fully functional OL this season. The interior was a joke, yet we had so many RB plays continually attacking the interior and getting bounced back for losses, it was hard to believe that we were defining insanity. Blythe, Allen and Noteboom were an immediate disaster, makes me wonder if the coaching staff new this in advance and kept them out of the pre-season games just to keep from being embarrassed sooner. Henderson was basically sat down once McVay remembered he still had Gurley on the roster, and he is the only guy who can consistantly get outside. I can't imagine what our won/loss record would look like had Noteboom, Allen and Blythe remained at their original starting positions all season. If nothing else, at least Evans & Edwards received some valuable rookie playing time so off-season evaluations and development can be coached up, ... and while far from perfect, they performed pretty admirably most of the time after being thrown into the fire. jmo.
Sorry guys & gals I can not join you all here ....I am not with you on this. I fully know the OL was inadequate for the many needs that Goff requires winning games in the NFL.

I am also not going to place most of all the excuses or reasoning on the OL as being responsible for most all negative non-functioning parts on this 2019 offense. I will just have to sit on the vacant discarded corner of the ROD room all by myself on this subject for the next few months.

Way too much highly NFL skilled natural ability & ultra-high $$$ talent that has been acquired on this 2019 team for this Ram team to not at least returned to the playoffs. I do not like what I have seen & I know that this team is not trending in the right trajectory to being a winning team in 2020 either. Like I said months ago this team reminds be of the Atlanta Falcons after their SB lost.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

You want to blast Noteboom, but his replacement is not Edwards or Evans !!
Corbett has been an excellent lineman.
He got penciled in pretty fast . If you put all the pieces together which everyone seems to not want to do ??? You end up with a pretty freaking good offensive front.
My point will continue to be The Rams are not going to draft a Offensive Lineman
With the investments they’ve already spent on this offense line !!!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
39 totes and 4 catches is an insignificant sample size, even more so for a rookie, even more so for a rookie who was never slated to start.

I think he would have seen more touches if not for all the OLine problems and to a lesser extend, the external pressure to get Gurley's contract and superstar status on the field.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Sorry guys & gals I can not join you all here ....I am not with you on this. I fully know the OL was inadequate for the many needs that Goff requires winning games in the NFL.

I am also not going to place most of all the excuses or reasoning on the OL as being responsible for most all negative non-functioning parts on this 2019 offense. I will just have to sit on the vacant discarded corner of the ROD room all by myself on this subject for the next few months.

Way too much highly NFL skilled natural ability & ultra-high $$$ talent that has been acquired on this 2019 team for this Ram team to not at least returned to the playoffs. I do not like what I have seen & I know that this team is not trending in the right trajectory to being a winning team in 2020 either. Like I said months ago this team reminds be of the Atlanta Falcons after their SB lost.

Damn BONIFAY - first Merry Christmas!!

You have really flown south !!! In the off season you seemed to be pretty high on some of the offensive lineman ???
I mean you KEPT DEMBY on the roster along with Colone !!! Now with this young offensive lineman your flying away from this promising young group !!

Say what you want !!! I’ve always been support of Kromer !!! I did not like fact The Rams did not give Noteboom or Allen first squad preseason reps !! Even Saffold had to play some preseason games under Mcvay!!
We both knew going into this season Kromer & Mcvay we’re rolling the DICE this season with lack of depth !! I mean once again DEMBY ???? He got cut coming out of the preseason 2018 & got cut by Detroit after that !!!
I’m all in on this young group of Offensive Lineman!!! They did what they had to do against the 9ERS !!! Miss a field ??
Throw a pick 6 at the worst time ??? No NO NO !! This young offensive line held up & is only going to get better !!!
The defensive front is what still needs to be addressed!!! Is Arizona going to run over the Rams D” Line ??? I don’t know ???
I’ll be watching Sunday to get a better idea of what this team may need moving forward ???
From my point of view right now though is
The Defensive front will need to be addressed Big Time !!!
The LBer core as well ??? Who is the MLB’r READER???? Who ??? An UDRFA ??
We were wondering about Micha Fiscer..
D” - 7 !!
The cap & youth of the Offensive Line is the future!! I say The Rams are trending up.

Ram65

Legend
I still like Henderson a lot. He showed some flashes of his quickness. Just get him a little daylight to run through. It would have been nice to see him in this game.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
My point will continue to be The Rams are not going to draft a Offensive Lineman
With the investments they’ve already spent on this offense line !!!

I'd be happy to bet you on that.