Injuries around the league

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Watkins lmao. Goddamn we lucked out when KC swooped in with that asinine contract. :D

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Hope he’s okay.

https://dailysnark.com/report-alex-...er-suffering-infection-following-leg-surgery/

As if the injury Alex Smith suffered wasn’t bad enough…there is more bad news for the Redskins quarterback coming out of Washington D.C.

Redskins quarterback Alex Smith is dealing with an post-operation infection on his right leg resulting following the surgery to repair the broken tibia and fibula he suffered while being sacked during a game against the Texans in Week 11.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Watkins lmao. Goddamn we lucked out when KC swooped in with that asinine contract. :D
Might also the Rams be NOW unlucky too ? This injury is sure to have an impact on the awarded Ram Compensation 3rd rd selection that was being guesstimated to come our way in this upcoming draft.:(:cautious:

Let say that due to the injuries this season to Tru Johnson & Sammy Watkins the Rams are awarded two 4th rd selections instead of the expected 3rd rounders then the Rams will have to give the Jags our only 3rd rd selection. Thus leaving the Rams with only 1 pick in the most talent rich two days of the draft. Saturday's last day event will be a busy one for Snead/ McVay & Wade.

I going to hope this 2019 Compensation Committee will trend to award the NFL comp picks chiefly predicated on the contracts $$$$ of Watkins/Johnson received. And elide & slight the other elements they have taken in the past like playing time and a postseason awards.

Last edited:

Ram65

Legend
I haven't kept up on this thread. Lot's of injuries. Hope Alex Smith gets everything alright with the leg.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
I think Brandon Cooks also wears one.

He definitely does. Every time I see him play I think he's got a small head lol but hey if it's helping prevent injuries then I don't see why every player wouldn't be wearing one.

jacktheripper85

Starter
They're going to make it mandatory to wear those larger (extra impact absorbing space) helmets soon.

The ones you see Russell Wilson, Alex Smith wearing.

Although, I don't know if they have enough data to verify it yet, those seem to reduce the risk.

I think Brandon Cooks also wears one.

I approve your message.

8B205547-D39D-4D52-9DA3-9F1A26621775.jpeg

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian

Damn. Yes that looked horrible.
There goes his 2019 season too. Poor guy.

I know I'll take flack for this comment (in the NFL you gotta fight for every inch) but I felt that under the circumstances, he did NOT need to continue fighting for more yardage. Watch the play again. Fighting for an extra inch is what led to the kind of tackle that snapped his ankle in half.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do yourself a favor and DON’T watch a replay of the injury.

Would be amazing if he ever plays again.
Too late had people texting it and posting it on facebook all night after it happened.