I'm sure you guys saw.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Q729

Legend
Well, at least the conspiracy thing is consistent. But the overall purpose is ratings!

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Even though the Eagles are on a bit of a run - I would rather they filled the 6th spot in the NFC playoffs than the Vikings. I wouldn't mind a chance at a little revenge on the Eagles should they meet up with the Rams in the playoffs. The Rams 3rd quarter in the Eagles game was easily their worst quarter of the season. I want that annulled.
I am not sure I agree. It seems we can’t find a way to beat them no matter the circumstances.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Interesting situation with the 6th Seed in NFC. Vikings win and they are 6th Seed. If they lose and Philly wins, then Philly takes the 6th spot. Those two games should prove to be very interesting.

I doubt the Seahawks lose at home against the Cardinals. Barring a huge upset, they have the 5th Seed locked up, so I can see Carroll playing his guys through the first half. However, if both the Vikings and Cardinals win, then the Vikings takeover the 5th spot and the Seahawks would drop to the 6th.

I doubt this happens, but would Nagy rests his guys knowing the Rams play SF, so he figures they will be playing in the first round? And, if the Vikings win, they turn around and play again the following week.

The AFC comes down to who gets the 4th and 6th Seeds. Steelers need a win and Ravens loss to grab the 4th spot. The Winner of Indy/Tennessee game takes 6th spot. The only other scenario is the Steelers could grab the 6th spot if they win and the Indy/Tennessee game ends in a tie.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Soooooooo......
If there are close games that end up making the playoff races tight it's a conspiracy......
Buuuuuuuuut......
If there are one or two teams that dominate every week (unless it's the Rams) and run away with a playoff spot it's favoritism and a conspiracy......:
Got it.

No I don't think you do. But, I'm not at all surprised.

Put it in context of what is best for viewership and Vegas winning. Mara, Rooney, and Bidwell all got rich being bookies for Midwest crime families. Yet nobody thinks the NFL has ties with Vegas.

Teams running away with it is never good for the playoff picture a few weeks before the season. Who watched the Rams/Niners game last year. It's best if teams have something to play for. That's why the Bears and Rams play at the same time on Sunday. Having any team plow through the league goes against the parity narrative. They tried it one year and it wasn't well received. Fans hated it, except comPatriots fans. That sort of dominance is supposed not to happen anymore. Having it be the Cheatriots made it harder to swallow. And if you don't think they get/got preferential treatment by the refs, then you haven't been paying attention for the last 16 years.

Remember they year the Patriots and Giants were in the Superbowl and before the game was over there was a shot of the Giants celebrating the win? Mara and Kraft ended the lockout, and struck a huge TV contract. Arthur Blank was interviewed before the Superbowl. He said " I wish my team would be selected to play in the Superbowl one year, but those two guys deserve it this year." That sounds like normal fair competition to you? The Giants weren't even that good that year.

fearsomefour

Legend
No I don't think you do. But, I'm not at all surprised.

Put it in context of what is best for viewership and Vegas winning. Mara, Rooney, and Bidwell all got rich being bookies for Midwest crime families. Yet nobody thinks the NFL has ties with Vegas.

Teams running away with it is never good for the playoff picture a few weeks before the season. Who watched the Rams/Niners game last year. It's best if teams have something to play for. That's why the Bears and Rams play at the same time on Sunday. Having any team plow through the league goes against the parity narrative. They tried it one year and it wasn't well received. Fans hated it, except comPatriots fans. That sort of dominance is supposed not to happen anymore. Having it be the Cheatriots made it harder to swallow. And if you don't think they get/got preferential treatment by the refs, then you haven't been paying attention for the last 16 years.

Remember they year the Patriots and Giants were in the Superbowl and before the game was over there was a shot of the Giants celebrating the win? Mara and Kraft ended the lockout, and struck a huge TV contract. Arthur Blank was interviewed before the Superbowl. He said " I wish my team would be selected to play in the Superbowl one year, but those two guys deserve it this year." That sounds like normal fair competition to you? The Giants weren't even that good that year.
My comment was meant as a joke.
You didn't get it and I'm not at all surprised.
What's not called is the key really.
This is how NE has benefitted over the years.
These discussions are always Swiss cheese sort of discussions.
Full of holes and not very satisfying.
It would make sense (to me anyway) to have Chicago/Vikes and other games that matter on at different times to expand viewership.