I'm sure you guys saw.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ellard80

Legend
Bears vs Vikings and 49ners vs Rams both at 3:25 cst

Doesn't allow us to rest our players if the bears lost earlier.

Thoughts?

I actually kind of like it... hated the game last year against the 49ners.

Am I wrong for feeling that way!?

Montanaramfan

Rookie
Was hoping that the Vikings-Bears was early and that we could rest starters but it will make for a fun Sunday afternoon. Still think we rest Gurley in light of what we saw from Anderson. How could you not? He is a bowling ball and keeps the pile moving. Gurley's injury could be a blessing in disguise. McVay saw how we can control the game by running the ball, punishing the defense, instead of having their pass rushers pin their ears back and go after Goff. I look to see more of the same from the offense this week. If Gurley can rest, that will give him three weeks to get ready for the playoffs, most likely, the Bears. Interesting note, if the Vikings win Sunday, they will probably travel to Chicago the next week (providing we take care of business on our end Sunday).

EastRam

Pro Bowler

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I think the NFL does this on purpose, so they ensure competitive games. Good on them.

Ellard80

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I checked this start time last week. They flexed it to an afternoon start time.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tw...ars-start-time-flexed-to-325-p-m-kickoff/amp/
On Sunday all stations just listed games - no times were placed because the NFL was going to create the schedule for the last week.

they have it as the same times as the Rams game. If you look at the entire nfl schedule for next sunday they have tactically placed each game so that no team can "tank" the last game and rest starters.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
On Sunday all stations just listed games - no times were placed because the NFL was going to create the schedule for the last week.

they have it as the same times as the Rams game. If you look at the entire nfl schedule for next sunday they have tactically placed each game so that no team can "tank" the last game and rest starters.

But the game was originally scheduled for a 1pm kickoff.

Yes they changed it due to the nature of the matchup.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think the NFL does this on purpose, so they ensure competitive games. Good on them.

Two weeks ago there were a bunch of upsets that took the playoff picture from being a snooze fest for the next three weeks to some down to the wire games.

Coincidence? I doubt it. The league and networks want fans tuning in, not out for the final two weeks.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Two weeks ago there were a bunch of upsets that took the playoff picture from being a snooze fest for the next three weeks to some down to the wire games.

Coincidence? I doubt it. The league and networks want fans tuning in, not out for the final two weeks.

Or that the other teams were competitive and beat them.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I think Gurley rests.

Goff plays into the 3rd quarter.

Rams win and make the Bears / Vikes game incidental.

dang

Legend
Even though the Eagles are on a bit of a run - I would rather they filled the 6th spot in the NFC playoffs than the Vikings. I wouldn't mind a chance at a little revenge on the Eagles should they meet up with the Rams in the playoffs. The Rams 3rd quarter in the Eagles game was easily their worst quarter of the season. I want that annulled.

Ram65

Legend
Rams need all the practice they can get with the 12 personnel set. Sit Gurley but play the rest to win the game. They need to keep momentum going into the playoffs. Last year I was all for resting them and it didn't work out.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It's odd how it seems to happen every year.

Not really, we've seen seasons where the last two weeks haven't had much intrigue. Especially in the AFC I think.

Keep in mind the cap, draft order, FA rules and other things that are creating real parity in the sport. They have achieved, for the most part, the competitive balance they wanted and that fans like.

Well, the refs screwed up then. Because had Pittsburgh beaten New Orleans, there would be even more intrigue Sunday afternoon.

Exactly.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Well, the refs screwed up then. Because had Pittsburgh beaten New Orleans, there would be even more intrigue Sunday afternoon.

Unless the NFL is trying to give Brees the best opportunity to make it to a Superbowls before retirement. Who knows? Maybe they haven’t even decided on a winner yet.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Unless the NFL is trying to give Brees the best opportunity to make it to a Superbowls before retirement. Who knows? Maybe they haven’t even decided on a winner yet.

Brees already got his ring for Hurricane Katrina.

Goff should get one for the fires in the LA area.

5 years from the disaster, like Brees got his.

LOL..........just messing with you.

fearsomefour

Legend

Soooooooo......
If there are close games that end up making the playoff races tight it's a conspiracy......
Buuuuuuuuut......
If there are one or two teams that dominate every week (unless it's the Rams) and run away with a playoff spot it's favoritism and a conspiracy......:
Got it.