I'm pretty stoked about Ogletree

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CGI_Ram said:
I'm stoked about Ogletree too.

If he can stay clean and adapt to a pro-lifestyle; I think sky's the limit for him. [hilite]He has a real chance to be a "name" player[/hilite] (someone everyone knows regardless of team you root for).
That's what I'm most looking forward to. Kevin Greene is probably the last Rams OLB that everyone in the league knew about. Except for Mike Jones, of course - but he wasn't drafted by the Rams. I wonder though. I wonder how many non-Rams fans can name the guy who made "the tackle" in SB34.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
ReddingRam addressing one of my concerns:
One thing Alec is going to have to learn ... and TJ McDonald as well, is to quit going so high to make the tackle. They both seem to want to grab up around the shoulder pads and wrestle the guy down. NFL players, especially RB's are too strong for this. It will lead to a lot of missed tackles and a fair share of penalties (up around the head).

I saw that tendency with Cody Davis also. Combine that with Stewart's tendency to try for the big hit and this might get a little scary this year. Good thing our offense is gonna average 27 PPG. :dancin:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
When's the last time we had a home-grown badass OLB on this team? Pisa Tinoisamoa? Damn that was almost 5 years ago when he left, and he was drafted in 2003. And before him? Roman Phifer maybe? That was 1991. I'm talking about guys we drafted at OLB - not signed - like Mike Jones.

Here's the past decade or so.

2012 - Aaron Brown
2011 - Jabara Williams
2008 - David Vobora
2006 - Jon Alston
2006 - Tim McGarigle
2004 - Brandon Chillar
2003 - Pisa Tinoisamoa
2003 - Scott Shanle
2002 - Robert Thomas
2002 - Courtland Bullard
2001 - Tommy Polley
2001 - Brian L. Allen

(nobody for another decade)

1991 - Roman Phifer (and Terry Crews)

Then you have to go all the way back to 1985 to find another one (Kevin Greene).

And though I liked Pisa, he wasn't a big time LB. He was just one of those "nice" LBs.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
When's the last time we had a home-grown badass OLB on this team? Pisa Tinoisamoa? Damn that was almost 5 years ago when he left, and he was drafted in 2003. And before him? Roman Phifer maybe? That was 1991. I'm talking about guys we drafted at OLB - not signed - like Mike Jones.

Here's the past decade or so.

2012 - Aaron Brown
2011 - Jabara Williams
2008 - David Vobora
2006 - Jon Alston
2006 - Tim McGarigle
2004 - Brandon Chillar
2003 - Pisa Tinoisamoa
2003 - Scott Shanle
2002 - Robert Thomas
2002 - Courtland Bullard
2001 - Tommy Polley
2001 - Brian L. Allen

(nobody for another decade)

1991 - Roman Phifer (and Terry Crews)

Then you have to go all the way back to 1985 to find another one (Kevin Greene).

How could you forget about Chambo? He was, at least, a special teams ace. Lol.

I am totally with you on this guy, and your thread. It will be awesome to see a homegrowner become a Pro Bowler. This was my favorite pick in a draft that I loved. Can't wait to see him on the field.

nighttrain

Legend
that's the ones, Isaiah, Hacksaw and Youngblood, that was three fine linebackers
train