I'm pretty stoked about Ogletree

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
When's the last time we had a home-grown badass OLB on this team? Pisa Tinoisamoa? Damn that was almost 5 years ago when he left, and he was drafted in 2003. And before him? Roman Phifer maybe? That was 1991. I'm talking about guys we drafted at OLB - not signed - like Mike Jones.

Here's the past decade or so.

2012 - Aaron Brown
2011 - Jabara Williams
2008 - David Vobora
2006 - Jon Alston
2006 - Tim McGarigle
2004 - Brandon Chillar
2003 - Pisa Tinoisamoa
2003 - Scott Shanle
2002 - Robert Thomas
2002 - Courtland Bullard
2001 - Tommy Polley
2001 - Brian L. Allen

(nobody for another decade)

1991 - Roman Phifer (and Terry Crews)

Then you have to go all the way back to 1985 to find another one (Kevin Greene).

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Since I don't follow college ball I didn't know anything about his on or off field exploits. So I watched a highlight video. I was happy to see that the Rams picked a guy who was lighting fast and man was I impressed with his tackling. He should be blowing up a lot of plays and I have a feeling he and CK and RW are going to be well acquainted over the next few years.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
From the sound of things the FO was just as exited to land Ogletree as they were Austin. Hopefully we came away with impact players with both of our 1st round picks. If both of them are the difference between a win or a loss in only 1 game it's the difference between an early offseason or the playoffs. Can't wait to see Ogletree chasing nfc west qb's.

F. Mulder

Starter
His athletic ability on its own will elevate the LBer corps immensely. My worry, at least initially, are his instincts and ability to read and react. I almost hope initially he is told to just go forward and to the ball and not have too many responsibilities in coverages. Teams make a killing on misdirection, play passes, etc. Not saying he might not have it right off the bat, or certainly develop it with experience, but that's my biggest initial concern.

nighttrain

Legend
X said:
When's the last time we had a home-grown badass OLB on this team? Pisa Tinoisamoa? Damn that was almost 5 years ago when he left, and he was drafted in 2003. And before him? Roman Phifer maybe? That was 1991. I'm talking about guys we drafted at OLB - not signed - like Mike Jones.

2012 - Aaron Brown
2011 - Jabara Williams
2008 - David Vobora
2006 - Jon Alston
2006 - Tim McGarigle
2004 - Brandon Chillar
2003 - Pisa Tinoisamoa
2003 - Scott Shanle
2002 - Robert Thomas
2002 - Courtland Bullard
2001 - Tommy Polley
2001 - Brian L. Allen

Then you have to go all the way back to 1985 to find another one (Kevin Greene).
Jim Youngblood & the guy that got run over by great Houston RB. Hacksaw in the middle spot. memory doesn't serve me well, at least not now :bahumbug: But that was a great D for the Anaheim Rams
train

jap

Legend
nighttrain said:
X said:

2012 - Aaron Brown
2011 - Jabara Williams
2008 - David Vobora
2006 - Jon Alston
2006 - Tim McGarigle
2004 - Brandon Chillar
2003 - Pisa Tinoisamoa
2003 - Scott Shanle
2002 - Robert Thomas
2002 - Courtland Bullard
2001 - Tommy Polley
2001 - Brian L. Allen

Jim Youngblood & the guy that got run over by great Houston RB. Hacksaw in the middle spot. memory doesn't serve me well, at least not now :bahumbug: But that was a great D for the Anaheim Rams
train

That was Rams LB Roman Phifer who was dropped like a sack of flour from a helmet to the chest curtesy of Earl Campbell. :oops: Roman was a solid LB for us, but, unfortunately, his most last memory was that Campbell rampage.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
jap said:
nighttrain said:
X said:

2012 - Aaron Brown
2011 - Jabara Williams
2008 - David Vobora
2006 - Jon Alston
2006 - Tim McGarigle
2004 - Brandon Chillar
2003 - Pisa Tinoisamoa
2003 - Scott Shanle
2002 - Robert Thomas
2002 - Courtland Bullard
2001 - Tommy Polley
2001 - Brian L. Allen

train

That was Rams LB Roman Phifer who was dropped like a sack of flour from a helmet to the chest curtesy of Earl Campbell. :oops: Roman was a solid LB for us, but, unfortunately, his most last memory was that Campbell rampage.
Where's Isaih Robertson?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stranger, that hit by Earl Campbell was on Isaiha Robertson, without a doubt...not Roman Pfifer..Unless there is another hit put down by Earl..

jap

Legend
Stranger said:
jap said:
nighttrain said:
X said:

2012 - Aaron Brown
2011 - Jabara Williams
2008 - David Vobora
2006 - Jon Alston
2006 - Tim McGarigle
2004 - Brandon Chillar
2003 - Pisa Tinoisamoa
2003 - Scott Shanle
2002 - Robert Thomas
2002 - Courtland Bullard
2001 - Tommy Polley
2001 - Brian L. Allen

train

Where's Isaih Robertson?

Omigish, yes! It was Isaiah Robertson, not Roman.

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
Was London Fletcher not a Rams draftee? He was a playmaker at times.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tailback said:
Yep. But I was referring to outside linebackers.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
This is the last guy with Ogletree level ability.

#58.

Chuck Knox told Robertson in training camp, "you can be the goddamn king of LA if you put your mind to this game".

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1pueAHe528[/youtube]

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Tailback said:

Actually, London wasn't even drafted as I recall. Walked on from John Bishop Carroll I think.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

jap

Legend
Faceplant said:
Tailback said:

Actually, London wasn't even drafted as I recall. Walked on from John Bishop Carroll I think.

Yes, London was undrafted.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
One thing Alec is going to have to learn ... and TJ McDonald as well, is to quit going so high to make the tackle. They both seem to want to grab up around the shoulder pads and wrestle the guy down. NFL players, especially RB's are too strong for this. It will lead to a lot of missed tackles and a fair share of penalties (up around the head).

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
jap said:
Faceplant said:
Tailback said:

Yes, London was undrafted.
Das right and FWIW he beat out Charlie Clemons for the MLB job.
Clemons was a demon too but shit the longevity of Fletchers career is not just amazing it's almost frightening

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm stoked about Ogletree too.

If he can stay clean and adapt to a pro-lifestyle; I think sky's the limit for him. He has a real chance to be a "name" player (someone everyone knows regardless of team you root for).