I'm Peeved....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Not football related but is Rams related ..... We bank with U.S.Bank. They offer different card "themes" if you like for the looks of your card. I have had a Rams card for my check/debit card for several yrs.

Well the other day ?I get an email saying they are issuing me a new card "as per my request" and to be on the lookout ...yada yada .... but the problem is, I didn't request a new card. Mine is good until 2018 and it wasn't compromised as far as I knew. So I get on the phone with them to find out "WTF"? Lady on the other end says it was an embossing error on my card and that my card had to be re-issued. then mumbled something about my exp. date.

So call ends and all is good. Then yesterday I get home and there is a letter from them in the mail. Turns out the "embossing error" is that U.S.Bank is no longer "a partner" with the Rams. So they are issuing me a normal card.

Now I can understand the business part of it.... but why in the hell do I need a new card? It is good for another 2 yrs! Why can't they just wait until it's time to actually need a new card, then tell me they are no longer issuing a Rams theme? Pisses me off and I find that to be a petty move. How is my card going to "harm them" in anyway?

Bullshit I say!!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not football related but is Rams related ..... We bank with U.S.Bank. They offer different card "themes" if you like for the looks of your card. I have had a Rams card for my check/debit card for several yrs.

Well the other day ?I get an email saying they are issuing me a new card "as per my request" and to be on the lookout ...yada yada .... but the problem is, I didn't request a new card. Mine is good until 2018 and it wasn't compromised as far as I knew. So I get on the phone with them to find out "WTF"? Lady on the other end says it was an embossing error on my card and that my card had to be re-issued. then mumbled something about my exp. date.

So call ends and all is good. Then yesterday I get home and there is a letter from them in the mail. Turns out the "embossing error" is that U.S.Bank is no longer "a partner" with the Rams. So they are issuing me a normal card.

Now I can understand the business part of it.... but why in the hell do I need a new card? It is good for another 2 yrs! Why can't they just wait until it's time to actually need a new card, then tell me they are no longer issuing a Rams theme? Pisses me off and I find that to be a petty move. How is my card going to "harm them" in anyway?

bullcrap I say!!

Just don't activate it. You should be able to use your old card until you activate the new one.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just don't activate it. You should be able to use your old card until you activate the new one.

No .. the letter said that within a few weeks my old card will be deactivated. They are changing the security code on the back, hence it won't be usable after that.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No .. the letter said that within a few weeks my old card will be deactivated. They are changing the security code on the back, hence it won't be usable after that.

At least you'll get a few more weeks out of it.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Aw I just got an email they are sending me a new card, too. I guess I can expect it to not have the Rams now, bummer.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
they signed a deal to be the "official bank of the St. Louis Rams".

So..........that's that.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame

So..........that's that.
I know that but ... My having my card that was issued way before they severed ties should NOT be an issue. They should have just let it all play out until my old card either expired or actually needed replacing. And when I called to find out what the problem was ... they didn't tell me THAT was the reason. There was no harm-no foul .... now when I get the new card I am going to have to go thru all the accts I have that use that card and change the security code so it will work. All because of this?? Sad it is......

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Sounds like you need to switch banks... :sneaky:
I would other than the fact that this is the only problem we have ever had with them. I just think it's a shame they choose to be so petty about this. the picture on my card was not going to harm them in any way, shape or form.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

bullcrap I say!!
All credit and bank cards are going to be replaced.
All new cards will have a code chip in the front.
What this chip does is create a pass code that changes everytime you use it.
It keeps the thieves from steeling your card info.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
that has nothing to do with it. My card was already chipped. The card I currently have was issued only 6 mos ago.

Ramatik

Starter
It also tracks you, knows what you're eating, where you are goin, what you are wearing... it even watches you in the bathroom.

Beware the new chip!

baconandbread

Super Secret Starting DT
Goodell's merchandise cronies probably don't want any St. Louis stuff around. Jerks.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

So..........that's that.
That apparently ended in 2012 when US Bank agreed to a naming rights deal on the Viqueens' new stadium. I don't think that really has much to do with it. The NFL probably has more say on who can put team stuff on cards.

I used to bank with BofA and you could get your card themed with any team you wanted. That ended several years ago and they had to reissue cards.

Goodell's merchandise cronies probably don't want any St. Louis stuff around. Jerks.
This is probably closer to reality but also, I'm guessing some sort of time frame elapsed and the bank had to call back in the cards. It's not always sinister in nature. Sometimes sponsoring agreements just expire.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I hate the chip. Half the places u go I can still swipe and be done. The other half yells at me and tells me to stick it in(phrasing). I use BofA and never got a Rams card so got a Tampa Bay rays one(yes I'm born and raised in Tampa. Go rays and fkn go lightning!!! Soon to be the champs!!! Will take the blues in 6 in the cup finals!!!) whenever they reissue me a card it is still a rays card. Wish I had a Rams one for my other one :(

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
You could always write the bank a letter and tell them you have decided to change cards as well and that their services will no longer be needed. You have to change things with all your online accounts anyways right because of the security code? There's probably a better rate out there somewhere so why not be petty right along with them?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I hate the chip. Half the places u go I can still swipe and be done. The other half yells at me and tells me to stick it in(phrasing). I use BofA and never got a Rams card so got a Tampa Bay rays one(yes I'm born and raised in Tampa. Go rays and fkn go lightning!!! Soon to be the champs!!! Will take the blues in 6 in the cup finals!!!) whenever they reissue me a card it is still a rays card. Wish I had a Rams one for my other one :(
Yes, I hate that chip too. I always go into a spiel about how friggin nice technology is making my life. Poor cashiers.