I'm Peeved....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It also tracks you, knows what you're eating, where you are goin, what you are wearing... it even watches you in the bathroom.

Beware the new chip!

Well now that I know that I am going to put on a show......... :sneaky:

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Pay in cash. You want to really get back at the banks? Pay your credit card in 2 dollar bills.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Yeah, the chip thing is wearing me out too. I go to some places and the cashiers will tell you to insert your card because it has a chip. Then, I will go somewhere else and think I'm on top of my shit when I insert my card because they have a chip reader only to have the cashier tell me that theirs isn't working yet.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah, the chip thing is wearing me out too. I go to some places and the cashiers will tell you to insert your card because it has a chip. Then, I will go somewhere else and think I'm on top of my crap when I insert my card because they have a chip reader only to have the cashier tell me that theirs isn't working yet.
The restaurant supply store I go to has a non-functional chip reader. They have tried putting tape over it and little cards inserted in it saying it doesn't work. People actually peel off the tape and try to use it. Sometimes you really have to wonder how certain people even manage to roll out of bed in the morning.

But yeah, the "is it working" thing is wearing thin on me as well. Here. Here's my damn card. Make it work.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

so i'm guessing you guys don't have the pay pass facility on your cards yet? this is when you tap the card against the reader at the register. no inserting or swiping. c'mon guys, try to enter the 21st century.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
The chip is great!! If done properly!! I've been several times to Europe and it is great to do use there, never a problem. My favorite thing about using in Europe is paying at restaurants, the waiter comes out with a handheld unit, you insert the card, leave an optional tip and the transaction is done, best part my card never leaves my site.:yess: The US is really behind in using and implementing this technology and it's unfortunate it's off to such a cumbersome, sporadic start here. It really is a good thing, when done right!:sadwalk:

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow you guys have only just got chip and pin cards ?

They have been here forever .... We also have contactless payment anything under £30 you can just tap the card in the machine and it's paid no need to enter your pin .. It's easy and awesome

Ps sucks about the card

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow you guys have only just got chip and pin cards ?

They have been here forever .... We also have contactless payment anything under £30 you can just tap the card in the machine and it's paid no need to enter your pin .. It's easy and awesome

Ps sucks about the card

30 pounds aye. that's about $60AU. we don't have to use our pin for purchases under $100. so take that.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
30 pounds aye. that's about $60AU. we don't have to use our pin for purchases under $100. so take that.

I had heard that ...it was originally 20 ... They bumped it to 30

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I had heard that ...it was originally 20 ... They bumped it to 30

they're a bit more liberal in australia. it was $100 straight off the bat. when it first came out i was weary of it because of reports of people scanning your card details just by standing next to you for a few seconds. when the bank sent my new card with the pay pass capability i told them i wasn't comfortable with the security of the card. they said don't worry, the chance of fraud is negligible, and if by some chance someone scans your details the bank will take full responsibility for the money the crooks fraudulently use from the card. i said sign me up.

and it's made life so much simpler. and paying for stuff so much quicker. and the card never leaves your hand so there's no chance of forgetting it in some store.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I use Android pay and have a Rams wallpaper on my phone, so....

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I use Android pay and have a Rams wallpaper on my phone, so....

i don't think i'll ever be able to cross that bridge, to use my phone for any banking purposes.