I’m not ready for this fabulous year to end!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
For all my starry-eyed optimism as a fan, I’m actually a realist. I know that the likelihood of the Rams winning three consecutive road games against the NFC’s best to make it the Super Bowl is remote. I can accept that, while still running scenarios in my head that get them to Las Vegas on February 11.

I’m also really looking forward to this offseason. Regardless of the outcome this weekend and beyond, the arrow is pointed upwards, and there are so many reasons to hope for and expect a run in 2024.

I’m not ready to talk about free agency, the draft and next year, though, for a pretty simple reason.

I don’t want this year to end.

Not yet.

I’m just having too much fun. I want more times to enjoy the infectious enthusiasm and joy for the game exhibited by guys like Kyren Williams, Puka Nacua, Byron Young, Kobie Turner and Ernest Jones, just to name a few. I want to watch Matthew Stafford, Cooper Kupp and Aaron Donald further their legacies. I want the anticipation and excitement of playoff football for more than one fleeting weekend.

I want more!

Let’s keep this thing going!!!

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Well said. Attitude is everything, and there are just so many "good" guys on this team that it's infectious.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I’m ready for it to end on February 11th with another Lombardi

Point taken though. It’s fun to be really good when we’re tanking.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The Soap Opera Script writers got their wishes answered with this Rams v lions matchup. It feels TOO scripted for my liking really.

In an effort to ruin this script, I've decided to send a full challenge to the Football Gods!

I'm sending big mahalos to @RhodyRams for helping me come up to this challenge...

Hear me oh Football Gods!!!
I'm challenging you right now you bringers of misery.
I swear to get the same 3 Lombardi trophy tattoo that RhodyRams is going to get if the LA Rams are able to win another Super Bowl next month.
I do not have a single tattoo now, but if the Football Gods have any balls at all... they will ensure that I have to endure the pain of this tattoo being injected into my skin. I'll even post a video here of the process.

Now it's up to the Football Gods to prove that they actually have some balls....

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The playoff excitement is much more intense than the regular season. The closer we get the more nervous I am about it. But this year seems a little difference. I'm actually fairly relaxed. Whatever happens will happen. Maybe its because we're playing with house money. Because next year I believe we will be back in the Superbowl conversation. We're already better than expected. We have a solid core to build on. I don't know how far we'll go this season. But its nice to know they're capable of winning it all now. And we'll be even better next year.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The Soap Opera Script writers got their wishes answered with this Rams v lions matchup. It feels TOO scripted for my liking really.

In an effort to ruin this script, I've decided to send a full challenge to the Football Gods!

I'm sending big mahalos to @RhodyRams for helping me come up to this challenge...

Hear me oh Football Gods!!!
I'm challenging you right now you bringers of misery.
I swear to get the same 3 Lombardi trophy tattoo that RhodyRams is going to get if the LA Rams are able to win another Super Bowl next month.
I do not have a single tattoo now, but if the Football Gods have any balls at all... they will ensure that I have to endure the pain of this tattoo being injected into my skin. I'll even post a video here of the process.

Now it's up to the Football Gods to prove that they actually have some balls....
48d60e33150674ff1000f109d2f3d73d.jpg

younghutch

UDFA
I don't know if I've "liked" a Rams team as much as I do this year, even more than the SB winner. That team, while wildly talented, seem a bit more...I don't know...distant.

This team is so much more loveable, IMHO. I root for them as people.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
I don't know if I've "liked" a Rams team as much as I do this year, even more than the SB winner. That team, while wildly talented, seem a bit more...I don't know...distant.

This team is so much more loveable, IMHO. I root for them as people.
SB team was pretty special too. Whit, Hekker, Weddle, Bobby Trees.....

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
The playoff excitement is much more intense than the regular season. The closer we get the more nervous I am about it. But this year seems a little difference. I'm actually fairly relaxed. Whatever happens will happen. Maybe it’s because we're playing with house money. Because next year I believe we will be back in the Superbowl conversation. We're already better than expected. We have a solid core to build on. I don't know how far we'll go this season. But it’s nice to know they're capable of winning it all now. And we'll be even better next year.
I agree with you about being relaxed for this game. It’s like I felt going into the Baltimore game, knew the Ravens were supposed to win but felt good about our chances and the way our team was playing. I guess it‘s like when McVay says playing with a quieted mind.

It was exactly the opposite when we went to play the Giants…bundle of nerves!

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Its funny, at the beginning of the season I thought 10-7 with a playoff appearance was possible. I wanted nothing more than for the rookies and 2nd year players to get a taste of the playoffs to fuel their hunger in 2024. Last week before the game, I wasnt really concerned about winning or losing, just stay healthy, by the 2nd qtr I wanted a win badly. Here we are with nothing more than 1 more game guaranteed. Now that the team has made the playoffs and finished the season playing better then I ever expected, I want to win it all. I hope AD is able to fire up the team and make them believe in themselves the way Von Miller did in 2021, Miller planted the seed and AD made it grow into a reality. LETS RUN THIS FUCKER BACK!

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Its funny, at the beginning of the season I thought 10-7 with a playoff appearance was possible. I wanted nothing more than for the rookies and 2nd year players to get a taste of the playoffs to fuel their hunger in 2024. Last week before the game, I wasnt really concerned about winning or losing, just stay healthy, by the 2nd qtr I wanted a win badly. Here we are with nothing more than 1 more game guaranteed. Now that the team has made the playoffs and finished the season playing better then I ever expected, I want to win it all. I hope AD is able to fire up the team and make them believe in themselves the way Von Miller did in 2021, Miller planted the seed and AD made it grow into a reality. LETS RUN THIS FUCKER BACK!
Right on! I'm making a pledge with Selassie. I have no tattoos either. If the Rams win it all this season, I'm getting my first (Rams) tattoo. LETS GO!

oldnotdead

Legend
God I love the energy on the board. Happy, eager fans, knowing this team is a legit threat in the playoffs with the talent to do serious damage and make a real run at another Lombardi this year not just next year. WTF wants to wait a year? I'm excited because McVay came out of the bye with a new offense and commitment. When he's in this mode there is no HC better.

No matter how this season ends up it's already a huge success, as its clear they have laid the foundation for years to come. There is nothing better than to know our team is FUCKING BACK in the hunt!

Rebuild? Fuck that they are built and only gonna add on from here on out.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I’m in a weird spot, because I don’t want this season to end but I am so eager to get the offseason going to see what we do with the newfound cap space and another slate of draft picks that includes a first rounder.

Either way, we are far ahead of where we are supposed to be, and at the very worst, we are going to start the offseason a 10-7 team that made the playoffs. Again, that’s the worst case scenario.

These next few years could be awesome.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I’m in a weird spot, because I don’t want this season to end but I am so eager to get the offseason going to see what we do with the newfound cap space and another slate of draft picks that includes a first rounder.

Either way, we are far ahead of where we are supposed to be, and at the very worst, we are going to start the offseason a 10-7 team that made the playoffs. Again, that’s the worst case scenario.

These next few years could be awesome.
That is why I'm much more calm than I should be. Whatever happens tomorrow the future looks bright. Its still about next year and beyond. We have a nice blend of vets and youngsters as our core group going into next year. We're not in danger of losing too many through free agency.

I know we can't re-sign all our guys before they hit free agency. But I would target Dotson as the first priority. I'd like to see Wentz and Robinson return.

Jackson, Rivers, Hoecht and Jonah Williams are restricted free agents. We do need re-sign Jackson. The others if the price is right. If not, they can be replaced. We need an edge rusher but Hoecht could add depth. He plays outside but is big enough to move inside once in a while.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
That is why I'm much more calm than I should be. Whatever happens tomorrow the future looks bright. Its still about next year and beyond. We have a nice blend of vets and youngsters as our core group going into next year. We're not in danger of losing too many through free agency.

I know we can't re-sign all our guys before they hit free agency. But I would target Dotson as the first priority. I'd like to see Wentz and Robinson return.

Jackson, Rivers, Hoecht and Jonah Williams are restricted free agents. We do need re-sign Jackson. The others if the price is right. If not, they can be replaced. We need an edge rusher but Hoecht could add depth. He plays outside but is big enough to move inside once in a while.

Ditto to all of this.

I certainly want to see the Rams win tomorrow, but I don't have the normal feeling of tension I have in other years where they've been in the playoffs. To borrow a phrase others have used, we're playing with house money.

And as you mentioned, we don't have a lot of free agents we have to worry about leaving, and we have the cap space such that, absent any ridiculous demands, we don't have to make the tough decisions we've had to do in years past. And we should have enough cap left over to use some in free agency to target a few players to shore up weak areas. All that coupled with our young stars and the draft capital we have to go get more makes me even more optimistic.

oldnotdead

Legend
I don't think there is much to worry about in terms of Jackson. They will tender him and even if they tender him with a second round pick I don't think anyone will trade a 2nd round pick for a still in development LT who they couldn't be bothered with as an UDFA a couple of years ago. He's got flaws in his game and they will trade for a known quantity.

There is no guarantee he will be extended after next season anyway as he will expect a substantial raise which might not be realistic. There is no way I don't see them drafting at least one OT this year.

Dotson is the biggest ?? IMO. I see them offering him a reasonable $6-$7M/ yr offer but he's likely to get bigger offers. I do believe they drafted McClendon to play RG so if Wendell says he's ready they may see Dotson as a comp pick if they can't sign him to their number.

The other ?? is will they release Havenstein or pay him #14 type money for one year? IMO Noteboom's injury is likely to be looked at as a chronic condition basically sealing his long term fate. We could see a rookie at RT next year with the expectation he moves to the left side the following year if they aren't sold on Jackson.

Regardless this OL might change next year.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Keep Jackson, Dotson, and Havenstien they have the money to do it. Tell Noteboom not to let the door hit him on the ass on his way out!

PARAM

Hall of Fame
The playoff excitement is much more intense than the regular season. The closer we get the more nervous I am about it. But this year seems a little difference. I'm actually fairly relaxed. Whatever happens will happen. Maybe its because we're playing with house money. Because next year I believe we will be back in the Superbowl conversation. We're already better than expected. We have a solid core to build on. I don't know how far we'll go this season. But its nice to know they're capable of winning it all now. And we'll be even better next year.
When I think back to mid season, not many gave us a chance. 5 wins, 6 wins, 7 if luck falls our way. I was optimistic we could finish above .500 but I was optimistic when Fisher was the coach and Keenum was throwing to Britt! That's a "me problem". But some of us said, these kids won't be rookies all year. Let's hope when they take their lumps early, which we knew they would with that schedule, they'll use those lessons to get better and maybe by midseason (or after the bye) the light will come on and they'll be better. Of course we were speaking mainly about the defense and to some degree the OL. We figured Stafford would be Stafford and Kupp would be Kupp. As it stands, that is basically what happened but we saw some unexpected surprises (Puka, Kyren, Dotson, Young, Turner).

I'm nervous but I'm always nervous. That another "me problem". Being a Ram fan since the late 60's, I've always expected that 'other shoe' to drop. That doesn't mean I expect a loss. I'm simply nervous whether they'll play like they have since the bye. Maybe they won't. Maybe they'll play better. *See, there's that "me problem" again. I'm rooting for a win of course but almost as much, I'm rooting for a couple of guys to have good games. Derion Kendrick and Brett Maher. If there were 2 guys blamed for our shortcomings, more than any other 2 players it's them. And I just want them to be celebrated by the stars on the team. And the fans who 'rode' them this year. I guess you could say, "I want my cake and.....". Why the hell not?